Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom repro shop

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

Default Custom repro shop

I'd like to get cartridge reproductions of different color hacks, is there a shop that provides a service to realize them? Something like I send my own rom, and I can choose the artwork, etc)
    I would avoid getting a rom programmer for just a small number of cart..and have them outside my everdrive.

Any advice? Thank you!
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Wildside Expert

I had exactly the same problem than you.

I have bought quite a few in the past from this seller:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...311.0.0.oxz8FQ

But beware, pcb thickness used in cartridges is not always appropriate for MD1 board slots, I think.

mOFHXV3.jpg

K36xrcI.jpg

MD2 slots seem able to fit the cartridges without damaging the pins (crushing/bending).

I had to change MD1 slot for a MD2 slot to overcome the situation.

6kp8Boq.jpg

Apart from that, all cartridges are still working.
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 03-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Also, be aware that most, if not all, repros sold in Aliexpress uses 3.3v components.
    You can have better information about what I'm talking about in this article:
    https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05...etro-consoles/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Well, krikzz's programmer is not that expensive, and his boards are better quality vs the chinese ones.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Also, be aware that most, if not all, repros sold in Aliexpress uses 3.3v components.
    You can have better information about what I'm talking about in this article:
    https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05...etro-consoles/
    But would that apply to a reprocart with only 1 game (previously flashed in it and outside the MD) that will work as read-only?

Nonconformist Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent EyeDeeNo76's Avatar

My suggestion would be someone I used to get a label I made (Golden Axe III) put onto a cart. He also had to get the ROM to make from scratch his own bypassed the region check in the internal coding for play on Genesis consoles.

Super Nintendo Nes Snes Sega Genesis Reproductions
    West Walworth, New York 1563 Sales On Etsy.com since 2015

Edit: Could also be reached on Ebay icemanxp300
    Last edited by EyeDeeNo76; 03-10-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDriver View Post
    But would that apply to a reprocart with only 1 game (previously flashed in it and outside the MD) that will work as read-only?
    I've bought an NES, a MegaDrive and a SNES cartridges from them, all single game, all 3.3v parts.

In the end this partially killed my SNES (it fails the DIV 16/8 test).
    It still works and I can play most of the games fine, but I don't think to buy and exaustivelly play these games are a good idea anymore.
    I think an casual / ocasional play is relativelly fine.
    But I really fear to screw up a thing that had "many adventures" with me on my childhood.

Wildside Expert

Sad to hear about your SNES.

Well, I am not technically qualified for saying anything about this..

I hate to ask the dreaded question, but has anyone experienced their MDs or Gennys dying on them for using 3.3V reprocarts?

Are there reported cases of such failures being related to reprocart use here on Sega-16?

I know about the 3.3v problem, but as far as I know it affects krikzz boards as well..
    ..and I just checked, that's correct and it's marked avoid.
    It's really disturbing that there's no alternative.
    I will consider all the options, thank you all for the useful information
    ***** トル・ランディール ******

I have recive 2 copies from this shop and they are of high quality materials, i recommed.
    He's already are selling some hacks but you can make you custom order too
    https://retrogamerandbackups.com/pro...hiest-enhanced

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    I have recive 2 copies from this shop and they are of high quality materials, i recommed.
    He's already are selling some hacks but you can make you custom order too
    https://retrogamerandbackups.com/pro...hiest-enhanced

But Pyron, do you know if they use 3.3V or 5V parts?

Or 3.3V parts with added components providing safe operation?

Pyron, sorry for the question, but are you ok with someone that actually sells hacked roms - with your hacks?

I mean, one thing is to ask someone to burn a rom (or hacked rom) and pay for that service.

Another thing is to "advertise" someone else's work and put a price tag on it.

I really don't know, i even didn't know this insure until now, i will pay attention on it. Also you can send him a e-mail, i have no doubt that hes gonna answer you.

Pyron, sorry for the question, but are you ok with someone that actually sells hacked roms - with your hacks?

I mean, one thing is to ask someone to burn a rom (or hacked rom) and pay for that service.

It is something that does not exist control. There are several stores selling this, and make no mistake, sellers who make their custom copy also wins.

At least in that particular store, they were the only ones who contacted me and told me they were selling this material and they gave me 2 copies for testing. I found at least a dignified attitude and it helps who wants to have that kind of title in their collection. I liked it so much that I plan to do a package with it in the future.

On the other hand, nobody here values much what I do, if you take for example SF2 RM which I have already invested a good hundreds of free hours and other hacks like the FFCD and several others that have consumed all my free time and no one has ever donated 1$. So at least somebody profits from that, I just stay on the side of the passion for games.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Wildside Expert

On the other hand, nobody here values much what I do, if you take for example SF2 RM which I have already invested a good hundreds of free hours and other hacks like the FFCD and several others that have consumed all my free time and no one has ever donated 1$. So at least somebody profits from that, I just stay on the side of the passion for games.
    Surely you don't mean that.
    If that was the case then the thread concerning your hacks would have been dead and buried a long time ago.
    It is not. As the time of writing this it clocks 355,432 views and 2,150 replies.
    You have earned your place among the pioneers and I am sure your work will never be forgotten.
    Even if you have not make any (material) profit you have gained reputation and confidence of many others.
    That's why when somone thinks of a game-with-a-hack-in-need they turn to you.
    Because they know you have the skills, good taste and knowledge necessary to make their wishes come true.
    And that, my friend, is power ...
    Last edited by MegaDriver; 03-12-2018 at 05:36 PM.

That's not true, as I already said elsewhere you were an inspiration for me to start on the palette hacking, with no knowledge at all on the matter.
    I can also relate to the time consuming: in the past days I've started giving almost all of my free time to the Outrun hack, because it's so extensive and I want to complete it..but I do it for passion too, and even if some will not like my work I don't care: first of all I do it for myself, then to share to fellow passionate people.
    I think it will be the same for you
    And since I will always try to put my name in the credits in my hacks, I'm not bothered if someone will sell it.
    ***** トル・ランディール ******

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I recently received this statement from the store that Pyron put the link

"Hello,
    I think you sent me an email I responded to but will respond again and thanks for the email. I know rene and sell some of his products and is a great guy. Rene talks about flash cartridges that are not made correctly. The only board I have that is flash right now is the N64 and it is 3.3 volt because the 64 runs 3.3 volt naturally. My n64 board is properly shielded to keep from hurting the system. All my other boards use epproms and also run the natural voltage of the system. Hope this helps."

Thread Information