Quantcast

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: hang him! Unpopular but not always negative gaming opinions

Dear SegatAS if you going to insult people and give them bad rep at least get your facts right, I do own a SWITCH thank you very much

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    Both are made in pre-360/ps3 era. Poorly made console ports in 2006-2007 do not count.
    Bit unfair that. given FEAR came out like a month before the 360 hit the streets and I don't think Half Life 2 Orange Box or FEAR were bad ports at all on the 360.

This is a known fact and is hardly controversia
    Not to the likes of NEOgaf who think SONY is the best and how Platinum Games, Fromsoftware are the best developers. There's still a lot of anti-West bias sometimes.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Doesn't sound like you've played these games enough. Going from personal experience, it took me over 30 hours until Demon's Souls finally clicked with me from completely not being my thing.
    That style of game is no longer for me. I play games to enjoy myself. I love the Art direction and there are well made productions, but that Brutal style of gameplay is not for me at all.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

The Uncharted games are so overrated you'd think they were a modern art installation piece. Boring and repetitive gameplay comprised solely of leaping about like Spider-Man on coke and shooting at people over and over again until you lose the will to live. It's essentially Tomb Raider meets Indiana Jones meets Die Hard and then fucks up everything that was good about those concepts. Oh and the main character, Drake, is a completely unlikeable prick too.

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Dear SegatAS if you going to insult people and give them bad rep at least get your facts right, I do own a SWITCH thank you very much

Why isn't it plugged in? And what's that reflected on the Switch's screen? A Sock or something more sinister?
    05/05/15

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    That style of game is no longer for me. I play games to enjoy myself. I love the Art direction and there are well made productions, but that Brutal style of gameplay is not for me at all.
    Gameplay is not brutal at all, just long learning curve (which, well, can be very discouraging). Once you finally figure out one Souls game, the rest fall in line and the good times keep on rolling.

And don't forget, if you're ever stuck or find something too hard, just summon an online player to help. (Though sadly Demon Souls servers finally went offline last month, I believe. So start with any of the other Souls games. Heck, if you want, I can help you in a playthrough. About to start another Bloodborne playthrough, interested?)

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorporation View Post
    Sonic 3D Blast was an absolute marvel, from start to finish. A poor Sonic game, sure, but a spectacular title in its own right, and I had a lot of fun with it. Whack a different character and branding on it and magazines would have hailed it as a 10/10 across the board.
    I agree, I love it on Saturn.

Gameplay is not brutal at all, just long learning curve (which, well, can be very discouraging). Once you finally figure out one Souls game, the rest fall in line and the good times keep on rolling.

And don't forget, if you're ever stuck or find something too hard, just summon an online player to help. (Though sadly Demon Souls servers finally went offline last month, I believe. So start with any of the other Souls games. Heck, if you want, I can help you in a playthrough. About to start another Bloodborne playthrough, interested?)
    Its just too hard and too brutal. Thanks for the kind offer, but I don't like games were even the 1st Boss is all but impossible to beat, it gets far too hard straight away and you can't enjoy and savor the incredible world. I enjoyed Nioh more .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Banned by Administrators

Oh come on, it will be a good time. And we can talk about Sega stuff while at it.

Two on one boss fights are also no problemo.

EDIT - I'm at the Bloodborne title screen right now. My username is; Sinful_Force_2
    Last edited by Thief; 03-15-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Oh come on, it will be a good time. And we can talk about Sega stuff while at it.

Two on one boss fights are also no problemo.

EDIT - I'm at the Bloodborne title screen right now. My username is; Sinful_Force_2
    Then feel free to add me to PSN and XBox Live

Mega Drive XBL
    Team Andromeda - PSN
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I'd add my own list, but apparently giving bad feedback is still enabled for new users so fuck it.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Is it sad that I agree with like 90% of all the negatives in the thread? Christ... I'm turning into a cranky old man.

I will +100 this one: Dual Shock 4 is the only good controller Sony has ever made.

The classic Dual Shock design is about as painful to wield as the N64 controller, only with sane button placement.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Alright, I've seen enough hang-worthy things in this thread already, the gloves are coming off.

The SNES is vastly overrated nowadays.

By the same token, I refuse to believe anyone in the west actually gave a shit about JRPGs back in the early 90s, especially if you were just a kid back then.

JRPGs in general are outdated, tedious, boring, and cringe. Most of it is weeb-ware, many are simply deluding themselves.

Importing a ton of shmups does not elevate the mediocre Saturn to some god-like status. You're only desperate and reaching.

The N64 was the best console of it's day, no question about it.

I really like the Wii, and yes I enjoy the motion controls and "casual" games too.

Gamers in general are extremely jaded and full of crap, with constant moaning and impossible standards, devs should not listen to them.

Super Mario Bros 2 (North America) is best NES Mario. That's right, the game that "isn't Mario" is the best one.

Sonic 3 is best Sonic.

Let's plays are stupid AF.

The Wii U game pad is one of the best controllers ever. Way better than Switch.

Speaking of Switch, so far, is kind of disappointing.

Sega never made a decent first party controller, they're all kind of ass.

Game Gear was better than anything in the Game Boy family of portables (yes, including GBA).

Pokemon games are lame, as is Pokemon in general.

I will stop buying games completely when they no longer have a physical release.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    So are their soundtracks, which are all terrible, and if you like that butt rock sound and you are not 13 years old you need to question your life.
    Now that is truly hang-worthy. Even though I like the games, I could see how some could hate them. But saying the soundtrack sucks? What, are you into k-pop, or something? SA soundtrack shreds face, and it wouldn't qualify as butt rock. Even though I also take offense to that term as it's just a smear against the broader sound of modern rock, which is what I grew up on and yes, still love, and will never question. A lot of modern games have crappy soundtracks, but SA is not one of them.

While I'm on the unpopular opinion bandwagon...

I prefer discrete sound generators, such as the Atari POKEY, Commodore MOS6581, AY-3-8912/YM2149, YM2151, Ricoh/NES PAPU, Genesis YM2612 and Sound Blaster YM3812/YMF262 OPL3, to any 'wavetable' (actually sample-based synthesizer).

I agree with WarmSignal on the SNES, that sucker is gruesomely overrated. Plus outside of select games like Chrono Trigger (which itself is also overrated), the sampler sound chip tends to suck more often than not. (Sub-telephone quality samples because the developers were too cheap to buy larger ROM chips? No problem, just drown ALL the sound in ridiculous amounts of echo! REAL game environments take place inside sewer pipes or industrial bathrooms!)

The Neo Geo and CPS-1/2 brutally pwn all home 16-bit consoles when it comes to fighting games. They're a touch awkward on everything else (except with the Metal Slug series on the Neo-Geo).

The Playstation 2 / PS2 didn't deserve the grand success it enjoyed IMO. But it does win big brownie points for being a good (and now dirt-cheap) MAME emulator platform for older arcade games; plus there are some mean arcade-quality ball joysticks with big round clicky buttons available. (The original XBox is probably even better for this, but you see PS2s and their peripherals going cheaper in the thrift stores around here at least.)

While definitely good games, the Earthbound series is grotesquely overrated. Also, I'd rather play Phantasy Star IV than Mother 3 any day TBH, it's nowhere near as soul-crushingly depressing.

None of the Mario RPGs beyond Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door appeal to me.

For all its faults, Streets of Rage 3 was still better than Final Fight IMO. Plus, the numerous exploitable bugs of SOR3 more than make up for any shortcomings.

The only thing to truly rival the Genesis in sheer fun, was a ~Pentium classic PC running DOS (IBM PC DOS in my case). A DOS gaming system is truly a worthy rival in both software library and fun. (Too bad Microsoft tried to spoil the fun by mandating the infamous Windows keys on PC keyboards... straight-edge screwdrivers to the rescue! XD)

Civilization II (especially Multiplayer Gold Edition) is still far more fun (and far less tedious busywork!) compared to later installments. Relatively simple, elegant, fun gameplay wins out over complex 'realism' any day. (That, and the Fascist government mod makes the game hilariously unbalanced. XD)

Sim City 3000 is the only Sim City that matters IMO. (Yes, Sim City 2000 is fun too, but SC3000 does a lot of new things, without making the game too overcomplicated.) I do like Sim City 4's new music a ton though; I'd like to port the music from Sim City 4 into SC3000 if possible.

Pokemon games past Heartgold/Soulsilver absolutely pale in quality, especially Gens 6 and 7 in their entirety. (I tried to save the most negative criticisms for dead last...)
    Last edited by Eep386; 03-15-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Alright, I've seen enough hang-worthy things in this thread already, the gloves are coming off.

The SNES is vastly overrated nowadays.

By the same token, I refuse to believe anyone in the west actually gave a shit about JRPGs back in the early 90s, especially if you were just a kid back then.

JRPGs in general are outdated, tedious, boring, and cringe. Most of it is weeb-ware, many are simply deluding themselves.

Importing a ton of shmups does not elevate the mediocre Saturn to some god-like status. You're only desperate and reaching.

The N64 was the best console of it's day, no question about it.

I really like the Wii, and yes I enjoy the motion controls and "casual" games too.

Gamers in general are extremely jaded and full of crap, with constant moaning and impossible standards, devs should not listen to them.

Super Mario Bros 2 (North America) is best NES Mario. That's right, the game that "isn't Mario" is the best one.

Sonic 3 is best Sonic.

Let's plays are stupid AF.

The Wii U game pad is one of the best controllers ever. Way better than Switch.

Speaking of Switch, so far, is kind of disappointing.

Sega never made a decent first party controller, they're all kind of ass.

Game Gear was better than anything in the Game Boy family of portables (yes, including GBA).

Pokemon games are lame, as is Pokemon in general.

I will stop buying games completely when they no longer have a physical release.

Now that is truly hang-worthy. Even though I like the games, I could see how some could hate them. But saying the soundtrack sucks? What, are you into k-pop, or something? SA soundtrack shreds face, and it wouldn't qualify as butt rock. Even though I also take offense to that term as it's just a smear against the broader sound of modern rock, which is what I grew up on and yes, still love, and will never question. A lot of modern games have crappy soundtracks, but SA is not one of them.
    Sega's six-button controller for the Mega Drive/Genesis and the Saturn controller would like a quiet word with you. Actually, they told me that they're gonna take you round the back and kick the shit out of you. Just passing on what they told me.

Thread Information