Quantcast

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: hang him! Unpopular but not always negative gaming opinions

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Pengo hang him! Unpopular but not always negative gaming opinions

This topic are just opinions. Share yours!

Sonic US OST is better than the Japanese one.
    Skyrim sucks.
    Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed is better than Mario Kart 8 even tho MK8 is a great game.
    God of War series is not very good with a terrible character and shallow combat.
    Ninja Gaiden III Razors Edge is enjoyable. II is obviously the best.
    I don't care much for Final Fantasy VII or X.
    I like fake scanlines in retro games ported to modern systems. There I said it.
    Not a fan of what SoTN did to Castlevania series. Still much prefer CVIV and I like the first Lords of Shadow as it felt like a return to classic CV in 3D. Sequels were month old butt, however.
    Zelda 2 is a good game.

Square and Enix have made and published some absolute classics and masterpieces like DQ, FFVI, Chrono Trigger and more. That said I feel they are greatly overrated in the RPG space when Falcom exists. Hell Monolith Soft I feel in the past 16 years or even the last 7 has far outclassed Square Enix in RPGs since 2001. Oh and Tak the director of the Xeno series started out at Falcom. Falcom are masters at the craft and has shot out a lot of talent that went elsewhere to create fantastic RPGs. Square often gets the credit for the genre that Falcom deserves.

I'm at a point where every game that aims for realism I can't tell apart anymore. They all just look so much like it may as well be the same game to me. Why I value art style so much. Not saying something has to look cartoony but something that makes it stand out.

I could go on but that's just a start. Feel free to express yours. This is the place to unleash those views but not always negative.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Banned by Administrators

SotN is trash and ruined the Castlevania series.
    Sure it's considered hip to hate on Final Fantasy 7, but it's the best one. FF8, second best.
    I like scanlines in retrogaming too.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Sonic US OST is better than the Japanese one.
    The music is different? Is it just slightly faster and you prefer that?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

David Cage is a terrible writer. A wannabe filmmaker. His games are trash. (IP being the worst game I ever played even worse than S64 and Omikron is what true suffering is) He's a narcissistic rape fantasy perv (this goes beyond his games and into his workplace employees have come out with it) David Cage is the Tommy Wiseau of gaming.

Strider 2014 is only behind Strider 2 (PS1) as the best in the series.

DMC4 is a great game just hampered by Nero.

FFXII is the last great Final Fantasy game. (I enjoyed XVfor what it was but it's littered with issues)

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Sonic Adventure sucks! It took everything that was fun about Sonic and turned it into a story driven fetch quest.

The Neo Geo was way over-rated by its fans. It had too many fighting games and the price of each game was way more than the enjoyment you'd get for the price of each cart.

Bullet hell shooters are ridiculous. Sure, they are insanely difficult, but they are more about learning the safe zones, over using natural twitch reaction that was required from the older guard.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

I prefer sonic 1 in PAL

Light Crusader is on par with Alien Soldier as the best Treasure games on Megadrive.

Castlevania x68000 and Super Castlevania IV are both better than Rondo of Blood.

N64 graphics suck, grainy and crisp PS1 stuff looks much better.

Destruction Derby 2 is a better stock car racing game than either Saturn port of Daytona USA. Arcade Daytona is the best though.

Overwatch is an overrated turd that takes no fps skill (aiming, positioning, map knowledge, recoil control) and attracts only non-fps crowd. Blizzard is desperate in trying to make OW esports big.
    Last edited by Orchid87; 03-15-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

The Dreamcast library isn't really that good.

Ikaruga really sucks.

Every 3D Sonic game ultimately sucks, even the seemingly good ones (Colours & Generations)

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 are extremely bad.

So are their soundtracks, which are all terrible, and if you like that butt rock sound and you are not 13 years old you need to question your life.

The PS2's poor image quality wasn't that big of a deal.

The N64 was the worst console of its gen, even graphics wise.

Phantasy Star 4 is not that good and certainly doesn't come close to SNES RPGs.

Yes, SNES RPGs really are that good.

Breath of the Wild is decent at best.

Wind Waker sucks.

Metroid Fusion was better than Zero Mission.

Super Mario 2 is legitimately great and one of the top 5 NES games.

Sonic CD is an unfun mess.

There are maybe 5-10 acceptable (not even saying good) Amiga games.

Lionheart is a terrible game, even graphically, despite the Neiborg art.

Ys 1-4 are pretty bad. The bumping mechanic is not a mild inconvenience, it makes the games unplayable. Also fuck those giant borders.

Starfox is and was extremely overrated.

Donkey Kong Country is one of the most boring supposedly good games ever.

Yoshi's Island is decent at best.

Herzog Zwei is not a good game.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Zelda breathe of the wild - Is a pile of overrated boring crap

Mario Oddesy - Its almost as bad as Mario Sunshine and a huge step backward from Galaxy

Nintendo Switch - Is a poor console

FF 7 - One of the most overrated games of all time and is actually rather poor

SEGAs Disney series of games are far better than the 2D Sonic games

PS4 Pro - System is a con and far from the 4K system SONY promised, plus the build quality is a joke.

Demon Souls Series - Not really good or fun games to play.

Horizon Zero Dawn - One of the dullest and boring games ever made, with horrible art direction.

SEGA GT 2002 - Far better than the Forza or GT 3/4.

Halo 2 - One of the most overrated games ever and the singleplayer mode is a joke.

Platinum games- One of the most overrated developers ever and where I have yet to really enjoy a game they've made.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Halo 2 - One of the most overrated games ever and the singleplayer mode is a joke.
    Forgot this one. Terrible game that was only popular because it was called Halo and had online multiplayer.

The graphics were a glitchy mess, the weapons felt dull and weak, the campaign was short and boring and the story horrendous.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    Forgot this one. Terrible game that was only popular because it was called Halo and had online multiplayer.
    Yep. It was in fact a horribly made game, that was clearly in development hell. The single player mode was rubbish and the story made no sense and was all over the shop and the GFX and AI was a step backward in many places from the 1st game.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Demon Souls Series - Not really good or fun games to play.
    Now this is an outrage. Souls games are the most fun singleplayer games of 2010s. They really spoiled me - can't play anything else without thinking about how inferior the gameplay is, compared to Souls.

I figured TA would be the one that only did a negative post lol.

I like Xenogears but the story is nonsense.
    Final Fantasy IX is the best FF on PS1.
    Bayonetta 2 surpassed DMC3.
    PS Vita and PSP I vastly prefer to DS and 3DS.
    Binary Domain and VanQuish are the best cover TPS games ever made.
    Asura's Wrather did the story concept better than GoW.
    I enjoyed Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE more than Persona 5 and I really liked Persona 5.
    Switch and PS4 are the best consoles to come out since Dreamcast.
    Aside from Dreamcast,OG Xbox was my favorite console that generation and no nothing to do with Halo as I don't like Halo at all. because it felt like the continuation of DC.

Kamahl choose your weapon because we are going to fight to the death. DC my fave system ever and Ys 1 my favorite game ever. The honor of my loved ones is at stake, sir!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

FF7 - overrated, but not that bad; my personal favs from the series are FF3, 5 and 9, mostly due to job system and/or atmosphere. With that being said, I enjoy the Japan exclusive Square/Enix games the most.

I find Deus Ex/System Shock games to be rather boring. While I love the cyberpunk setting in tabletop games etc., no PC/console cyberpunk game has hit the sweet spot for me yet. Shadowrun came the closest so far though. I enjoy some first-person RPGs, but it so happens that all the ones I like are dungeon crawlers.

Bulletstorm to me is one of the best shooters of the decade so far, with very little competition. I liked how ridiculous it gets, without the need for open world elements, unlike many of its competitors. It was just way too short. If it was a few hours longer, it would likely be my fav shooter of the decade, bar none.

Another point - open world games. There's way too many of them nowadays, and they're usually collectathons/copy pasted Frankenstein monsters. Too much of muchness, as the saying goes... quantity over quality. I much more enjoy the semi-open world games, which have some open world elements, but are more tightly scripted.

The best sports/racing games are the least realistic ones. I personally dislike realistic sports/racing games, as opposed to the Kunio-kun series and various futuristic racers, which I find generally much more fun to play/more original. I can go out and play football/drive a car, but can't play a deadly match of dodgeball where you kill your opponents or race on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    Now this is an outrage. Souls games are the most fun singleplayer games of 2010s. They really spoiled me - can't play anything else without thinking about how inferior the gameplay is, compared to Souls.
    I find them overrated and not enjoyable. That said I thought Bloodborne was no fun to play either. Think I'll add some more

Binary Domain - The best cover shooter ever made

RE 4 - Is far from the best RE game and also not a patch on the 1st or Code Veronica

Mario Kart 64 - is the best in the series.

Ninja Gaiden II - The best action game ever made.

Guardian Heroes - Vastly overrated and not that great to play.

Panzer Dragoon - Is still for me the best in the series.

XBox One X - The best console since the OG XBox.

EA - Are actually a good developer

Ubisoft - The best developer of the past 2 generations

Capcom - Are Fab lol
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information