Quantcast

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: hang him! Unpopular but not always negative gaming opinions

Killzone 2 is the best first person shooter of the ps3/360 gen.

Hero of Algol

Amiga games are mostly poor 3rd gen designs with mediocre 4th gen graphics.

Dreamcast library is overrated.

The SNES hardware limited the games design far more than the PC Engine and Mega Drive did.

Sonic Team hasn't produced a single good game in the last 20 years.

The original PS1 controllers were utter garbage. And the Dual Shock analog is awful for precision.

Most of the N64 games were technically inferior to the PS1's.

Mario Kart 64 is overrated and its AI is a complete joke.

CTR is the best kart racing game of the 5th generation, hands down.

Sonic CD is a bad game with very poor level design.

Sonic 1 is better than Sonic 2. And Sonic 3 is better than Sonic & Knuckles.

Sonic Spinball is not a bad game.

Super Hang-On is far better than OutRun.

3DO's The Need for Speed sucks. The PS1 version and the PC's Special Edition are far superior.

Super Monaco GP titles on the Mega Drive are very poor racing games and extremely overrated.

Shinobi III is far superior to The Revenge of Shinobi.

Super Castlevania IV is one of the worst Castlevania games ever made.

Splatterhouse 3 is just a very mediocre and repetitive beat'em up with good presentation.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Every Crash game ever made sucks. Esp CTR.
    Uncharted is boring and are mediocre as games.
    TLOU has mediocre gameplay.
    Most of Sony's first-party franchises are not very good.
    Darksiders 1-2 and Okami were the best 3D Zeldas until BotW.
    I liked Akai Katana more than Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5 and I really like the latter.
    Chrono Cross is fantastic.
    I much prefer the From Software that made Otogi, Armored Core, and Frame Gride.
    Dual Shock 4 is the only good controller Sony has ever made.
    I love the DC controller.
    Cinematic is not a real thing in games. It's just a term used as an excuse for bad game design and technical shortcomings.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    Killzone 2 is the best first person shooter of the ps3/360 gen.
    If not for Fear or Half Life II, I would agree.

Some more from me...

PS2 - one of the most overrated consoles of all time and it's GPU utter tosh

Shigeru Miyamoto - The most overrated person in videogame production.

Toshiro Nagoshi - is a overrated and a arrogant fool.

SCUD Car Racer - it's not a good SEGA Arcade racer.

USA - Now much better than Japan for making Video games and systems.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Level 1 Blast Processor Road Rasher

Sonic 3D Blast was an absolute marvel, from start to finish. A poor Sonic game, sure, but a spectacular title in its own right, and I had a lot of fun with it. Whack a different character and branding on it and magazines would have hailed it as a 10/10 across the board.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Sonic 2 is the best sonic of ever, it was exactly how a sonic game must be, a part for the useless tails. Especially the chemical planet stage.

Sonic 3 & knuckles was the most impressive game for Mega Drive, because it has the higher cartridge of ever. And in SEGA domain, highness is directly related to the quality.

Pulseman is the best platform of ever until the Game Freak released Drill Dozer, they are not only games, but real Japanese cartoons where you can impersonate the main character.
    Game Freak make real great games when they are not involved in Pokemon.

Sonic adventures can be a real great game, if you can play only the stages with Sonic, and skip the useless, slow and boring Tails stages.

Speed Racer is one of the best racing game of ever, because is based on one of the best movie of ever. And like the movie it is completely crazy and psychedelic!

Mega Man legends series is one of the best adventure of ever. Forgot the Fashion Fantasy saga.

Pro Striker 2 and Virtua Striker are the best soccer games of ever, because they have nothing to do with soccer! They don't care about details like rules, field length or proportions, or physics. They are more like a captain tsubasa episode, nonsense, but funny. And they are funny indeed, the most funnies soccer games to play ever!

The Philips CDi is not a console, it is a video CD palyer. There are games even for DVD players, but this don't mean that DVD players are consoles. Same thing for the CDi.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvilCorporation View Post
    Sonic 3D Blast was an absolute marvel, from start to finish. A poor Sonic game, sure, but a spectacular title in its own right, and I had a lot of fun with it. Whack a different character and branding on it and magazines would have hailed it as a 10/10 across the board.
    It was a really good game with a major flaw - that awful momentum in movement. Have you checked out the recent Director's Cut version? It fixes that.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    If not for Fear or Half Life II, I would agree.
    Both are made in pre-360/ps3 era. Poorly made console ports in 2006-2007 do not count.

USA - Now much better than Japan for making Video games and systems.
    This is a known fact and is hardly controversial.

Banned by Administrators

I find them overrated and not enjoyable. That said I thought Bloodborne was no fun to play either.
    Doesn't sound like you've played these games enough. Going from personal experience, it took me over 30 hours until Demon's Souls finally clicked with me from completely not being my thing. Why it took that long? Because at that time going back to what seemed like a hack n slash was a genre I wasn't feeling going back to. Assuming this game was another hack and slash and playing it as such was my mistake.

Anyway, personally glad I made it past that phase to finally understand this series, for same reason as Orchid stated;

Now this is an outrage. Souls games are the most fun singleplayer games of 2010s. They really spoiled me - can't play anything else without thinking about how inferior the gameplay is, compared to Souls.
    Once you really get into this series, you won't see gameplay in other games the same again. But that's ok, as this series is full of replay value.

Okay, this one is a bomb here:

If I ever had to choose, which 8 or 16 bit console library I'd take to a desert island, I'd choose NES/Famicom over anything else, including Genesis/MD.

Yeah, waiting for your torches and pitchforks.

Banned by Administrators

Okay, this one is a bomb here:

If I ever had to choose, which 8 or 16 bit console library I'd take to a desert island, I'd choose NES/Famicom over anything else, including Genesis/MD.

Yeah, waiting for torches and pitchforks.
    I might agree with you there. NES games have more a pure videogame essence vibe to them. Back when gaming was really gaming. Simple, but very effective and charming. Even the jank has it's appeal.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

It is not a bomb. NES/Famicom, was a very long-lived console. It has a very wide selection of games, and them cover almost every gender. It is really a good choice.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

It was a really good game with a major flaw - that awful momentum in movement. Have you checked out the recent Director's Cut version? It fixes that.

Both are made in pre-360/ps3 era. Poorly made console ports in 2006-2007 do not count.

This is a known fact and is hardly controversial.
    Can't agree. Japan still makes the best games. PS4 and Switch are Japanese made and the best selling systems. Xbox One is struggling so it's not exactly accepted by most as the best system.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Dreamcast library is overrated.

Sonic Team hasn't produced a single good game in the last 20 years.

The original PS1 controllers were utter garbage. And the Dual Shock analog is awful for precision.

Most of the N64 games were technically inferior to the PS1's.

Mario Kart 64 is overrated and its AI is a complete joke.

Sonic CD is a bad game with very poor level design.

Sonic 1 is better than Sonic 2. And Sonic 3 is better than Sonic & Knuckles.
    I agree with these too, though not sure if Sonic 3 is better then S&K. And especially surprised to hear you mention the Dual Shock analog sticks are awful for precision, felt like the only one who was always saying this. (Though DS4 greatly improved this issue, but still not good enough for me)

As for the other things you've listed, most I've not played. And don't agree that Super Castlevania is one of the worst vania games, it's still one of the best in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Can't agree. Japan still makes the best games. PS4 and Switch are Japanese made and the best selling systems. Xbox One is struggling so it's not exactly accepted by most as the best system.
    PS4 hardware was designed by Mark Cerny, an American, with an input from Sony owned first party studious - Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Guerilla Games. Switch is based around Nvidia Tegra mobile system on a chip. I wouldn't call either of them "Japanese". Japanese games being still best is questionable. Out of the most recent, Souls games, Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter World and MGSV were the only ones that were as prominent as western made games.

PS4 hardware was designed by Mark Cerny, an American, with an input from Sony owned first party studious - Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Guerilla Games. Switch is based on Nvidia Tegra mobile system on a chip. I wouldn't call either of them "Japanese". Japanese games being still best is questionable. Out of the most recent, Souls games, Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter World and MGSV were the only ones that were as prominent as western made games.
    Good point on the hardware but most the games that won at the Game awards were Japanese. Like Botw, Nier, Mario, Persona 5. Both ran away with a few awards. Nintendo did as a whole as Splatoon 2 won the best family game. Not just TGA themselves bust most award shows hosted in the west. While the mega-hype games like Mass Effect and Battlefront failed on every level. Botw on Switch alone has sold 7 million and closer to 9 million with Wii U. Mario Od sold 9 million. Splatoon 2 over 5 million. Nier Automata won the best music and has sold 2.5 million. Persona 5 is enjoying the best sales for the series as well and won best RPG. Yakuza 0 better than most games last year. Tekken 7 has done really well and the new Dragon BallZ fighter game got a lot of western attention. The pop for Bayonetta 3 has been great and Nintendo teasing a new Smash sent the internet in a storm. Smash is a huge franchise. Soul Calibur VI got a huge pop as well.

Thread Information