Quantcast

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 302

Thread: The Dreamcast Junkyard interviewed Bernie Stolar

  1. #211
    The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    My Chair
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The bullshit never stops flowing from TA's little fingers. It's astounding. It's fine you liked SEGA because they supported systems too long but they are no longer in the console business because of that. Not exactly a good thing in the longrun now is it.
    Last edited by SegataS; 04-15-2018 at 01:51 PM.



    Life!? ... What console is that on?

  2. #212
    Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Nintendo dropped it like a stone, how many Wii U games did Nintendo make after the Switched launched?. And 3 years, well the Saturn, Mega Drive Mega CD did better. So no, Nintendo hardly have a better track record at all.
    Imagine if Nintendo discontinued it in mid-2015. Then it'd be the same as what Sega did with the Saturn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    It's funny that you say the guy with absolutely no evidence to support his claims sounds believable
    Well welcome to my world

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    When did I ever say the Saturn wasn't a success? That's a large misinterpretation of my point, which was: It makes no sense to call the Mega Drive a failure and the Saturn a success, since they performed similarly. The "success" of a console is so much more than the number of units sold, anyway. Ultimately, that's a poor metric and better off ignored. The Mega Drive was continuously supported and continued to sell for 6+ years in Japan and had many hit titles that sold over 100,000 copies. That it didn't do as well as other consoles is irrelevant (which seems to be the exact point you're making? so I guess you agree?).
    Its good you are challenging convection, which should be done often, but I think most people would agree the Saturn performed a lot better given the circumstances.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

  3. #213
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,207
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    Imagine if Nintendo discontinued it in mid-2015. Then it'd be the same as what Sega did with the Saturn.
    SEGA didn't discontinue the Saturn after 4 years, it still kept on manufacturing the unit even after the DC, I think you'll find and remind me again how many Games Nintendo brought to the Wii U after the Switch launched.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  4. #214
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,207
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    The bullshit never stops flowing from TA's little fingers. It's astounding. It's fine you liked SEGA because they supported systems too long but they are no longer in the console business because of that. Not exactly a good thing in the longrun now is it.
    I don't like SEGA for supporting its systems for long at all. I'm just making the point, that unlike whats claimed.. Nintendo has a poor record of their own when it comes to supporting consoles that don't sell well or take off and Nintendo hardly supported the Snes for long either. People can highlight the likes of Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong or Yoshi Island but those games came 4 years into the Snes life cycle, even less if we go on the USA launch of the Snes . 4 years into the life cycle of the MD SEGA was making Sonic II, Streets Of Rage II, Ecco and God knows how many more titles.
    And when it comes to Nintendo add-ons they have a worse record than even SEGA with the 32X, with the N64 DD dropped after less than a Year, does it get better for systems ? .. Not Really the Wii U dropped after less than 5 years, the Cube dropped after 5 years, the Virtual Boy dropped after little more than a year and even the Mighty Snes was replaced after little more than 6, no better than SEGA.

    Still keep up with the insults and leaving bad rep, and sticking up for Nintendo for even more irony..
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  5. #215
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,740
    Rep Power
    110

    Default

    That is so wrong. The SNES was launched in 1990 in Japan. DKC3 came out in 1996.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-17-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  6. #216
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,207
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That is so wrong. The SNES was launched in 1990 in Japan. DKC3 came out in 1996.
    The Mega Drive launched in Japan in 88, ristar came out in Japan in 1995, that's 7 years and a year better than DCK 3; Rare weren't a In House team either. One day You get the facts right..
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  7. #217
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,740
    Rep Power
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    The Mega Drive launched in Japan in 88, ristar came out in Japan in 1995, that's 7 years and a year better than DCK 3; Rare weren't a In House team either. One day You get the facts right..

    You mentioned Donkey Kong Country mister Get Your Facts Straight. Way to own yourself.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  8. #218
    Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Gryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Sega was still trying to push sales of the Genesis in NA through 1996. There is a quote from Nakayama in a Japanese newspaper article from the time saying he wanted to sell 1 million Genesis units in NA in 1996. As with the SNES by that time, it was a budget-priced system designed as a low-barrier entry to gaming. To facilitate this, he had Sega of Japan port Virtua Fighter 2 to the Genesis (released only in NA and EU).

    Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis was released in NA in January 1997.

    And then, of course, there is Sonic 3D Blast, for which development began after the NA release of the Saturn. It was later ported to the Saturn, but was originally designed as only a Genesis title.

    It is often misunderstood that when Sega shifted game development focus to the Saturn, it meant they were killing the Genesis off. That wasn't the case. The Genesis was still advertised, Sega still produced and published games for it, and it still sold decently.

  9. #219
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,207
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You mentioned Donkey Kong Country mister Get Your Facts Straight. Way to own yourself.
    I talked about it, becasue people highlight those games as proof of Nintendo Supporting the Snes for longer. But if you compare the timeline of each machine to the In-House games. It doesn't hold up. Like I said 4 years into the MD life SEGA was making Sonic II, SOR and some 7 years SEGA was making Ristar. 7 years into the Snes life what In-House games were Nintendo making?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  10. #220
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,207
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    Sega was still trying to push sales of the Genesis in NA through 1996. There is a quote from Nakayama in a Japanese newspaper article from the time saying he wanted to sell 1 million Genesis units in NA in 1996. As with the SNES by that time, it was a budget-priced system designed as a low-barrier entry to gaming. To facilitate this, he had Sega of Japan port Virtua Fighter 2 to the Genesis (released only in NA and EU).

    Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis was released in NA in January 1997.

    And then, of course, there is Sonic 3D Blast, for which development began after the NA release of the Saturn. It was later ported to the Saturn, but was originally designed as only a Genesis title.

    It is often misunderstood that when Sega shifted game development focus to the Saturn, it meant they were killing the Genesis off. That wasn't the case. The Genesis was still advertised, Sega still produced and published games for it, and it still sold decently.
    That right and the facts, but we know here people rather believe the rubbish from TOM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  11. #221
    Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    I'll be on the side of Tom. Just look at the guy, spiffy as hell.

    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

  12. #222
    Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Gryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Why the need to take sides

    Kalinske is definitely worthy of respect!

    What's that pic from? I'm so curious.

  13. #223
    End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,740
    Rep Power
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I talked about it, becasue people highlight those games as proof of Nintendo Supporting the Snes for longer. But if you compare the timeline of each machine to the In-House games. It doesn't hold up. Like I said 4 years into the MD life SEGA was making Sonic II, SOR and some 7 years SEGA was making Ristar. 7 years into the Snes life what In-House games were Nintendo making?
    Mentioning the 1st Donkey Kong Country is totally wrong. You should be mentioning Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country 3 and Street Fighter Alpha 2; All manufactured and published by Nintendo. Nintendo also introduced the SNES Jr. in 1997.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-17-2018 at 11:54 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."



  14. #224
    Outrunner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Mentioning the 1st Donkey Kong Country is totally wrong. You should be mentioning Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country 3 and Street Fighter Alpha 2; All manufactured and published by Nintendo. Nintendo also introduced the SNES Jr. in 1997.

    Yep, we can also add Kirby’s Dream Land 3 to that list.
    Released in the US November 27, 1997
    And in Japan
    March 27, 1998

    But TA is going to say that they aren't "inhouse" and therefore don't count. Guaranteed.

  15. #225
    Raging in the Streets Blades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,076
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Mentioning the 1st Donkey Kong Country is totally wrong. You should be mentioning Super Mario RPG, Donkey Kong Country 3 and Street Fighter Alpha 2; All manufactured and published by Nintendo. Nintendo also introduced the SNES Jr. in 1997.
    To be fair, none of those are in-house. The same thing is happening with the 3DS now IMO.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •