Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big announcement from SEGA of Europe coming up in a few mins

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

^ Volume is turned all the way down...oh wait it's atgames. Nevermind the Volume slider is where it should be.
    Twitter Segata

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post

Was wrong with it, apart from not having the red wording around the circular part? Both the Sega logo and the Japanese Megadrive logo are right.
    Anyway I'd rather they pay attention to providing decent emulation and not use crappy Atgames hardware/software instead of the worrying about small shit like wording , I don't particularly give a fuck about anything else other than how the unit performs when playing the games.
    You missed out volume control, reset, Cartridge lock and power. . Here's what a Japanese Mega Drive and how lovely it would look If SEGA had a brain and made an all in One Mega Drive and Mega CD combo unit

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    You missed out volume control, reset, Cartridge lock and power.

Thanks I do know what they look like. You might to get your eyes tested because both the On/Off and the Reset are shown (slightly blurred) on that photo and I'm sure that if the photo was better, the other detail would be there as well. Oh btw they are doing this to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Megadrive launch, its nothing to do with the MegaCD.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post

Thanks I do know what they look like. You might to get your eyes tested because both the On/Off and the Reset are shown (slightly blurred) on that photo and I'm sure that if the photo was better, the other detail would be there as well. Oh btw they are doing this to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Megadrive launch, its nothing to do with the MegaCD.
    I didn't see the Cartridge lock, and there are no volume controls either and if all its about to mark the 30th anniversary of the MD launch, then the games are going to be rather crappy given not that many good games came out in 88 . Still, at least it showed the MD came out in 88 some 2 years before the Snes. Whatever.. its a missed opportunity by SEGA Japan to do something rather special.

Now all it is, is yet another Mega Drive mini and it's not like we haven't had them before, or countless MD games collections (with another one coming soon). So unlike the Snes Mini, think its appeal will be limited.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Is this it? Oh for fucks sake...I was getting excited for a moment there. Atgames? Seriously? Even though the sound on their last mini 'Mega Drive' travesty sounded like the soundchip had been dropped into a food blender and then passed through a cow's digestive system? Jesus... Oh well, I only play on the original hardware anyway so it's no skin off my nose, but I hate it when people who don't know or can't remember how great the original Mega Drive sounded and looked think that the Atgames system is a perfect emulation! I keep telling people at work and friends that if they want to play on a Mega Drive and have the genuine experience then get a real model. The system isn't expensive and neither are most of the games if you avoid the rare stuff. If Sega want their fans to have the real deal then stop being cheap fucks, take a leaf out of Nintendo's book and make it yourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Is this it? Oh for fucks sake...I was getting excited for a moment there. Atgames? Seriously? Even though the sound on their last mini 'Mega Drive' travesty sounded like the soundchip had been dropped into a food blender and then passed through a cow's digestive system? Jesus... Oh well, I only play on the original hardware anyway so it's no skin off my nose, but I hate it when people who don't know or can't remember how great the original Mega Drive sounded and looked think that the Atgames system is a perfect emulation! I keep telling people at work and friends that if they want to play on a Mega Drive and have the genuine experience then get a real model. The system isn't expensive and neither are most of the games if you avoid the rare stuff. If Sega want their fans to have the real deal then stop being cheap fucks, take a leaf out of Nintendo's book and make it yourselves!
    Well said, it's Sammy so expect it do be done on the cheap and the make SEGA look a joke
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

And now.. A Haiku.

Glorious Sega Company
    Big Announcement For Fans
    More Atgames Crap

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

One of mine:

SEGA takes the stage
    Exciting product reveal
    Just cheap AtGames crap
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Honest question, where the hell are they still getting funding for these? You think by now the whole world should know Atgames products are cheap shit, with a staff that's mostly deaf considering they never bother with the sound issue.

Just where are they making there money from? This is like there 7th fucking revision.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Genesis

I hope people are blowing up at Sega for this via, email, twitter, etc. They need to really understand how much AT Games have ruined their remaining reputation with their IPs. We realize that Sega is nothing more then a 3rd party developer now and that's fine but they have to really make the push to get shit like this done right. The Genesis was their best piece of hardware that succeeded for them and a company like AT Games has time and time and time again released sub-par garbage that should seriously have had no problems emulating 30 year old fucking hardware.
    05/05/15

Hero of Algol

Most people are stupid, uninformed and just want to jump in the next "retro" bandwagon. That's why AT Games crap still sells.

And they might have a really sweet slavery-based price point. Sega being part of a pachinko corporation and be willing to make money off a shitty slavery product makes total sense.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

1. Sega funds Atgames to make more of this crap.
    2. Atgames produces more of this crap.
    3. Idiot buys this crap
    4. Idiot plays with it twice and puts it on ebay for a fraction of the cost.
    5. I buy it, gut it. And put a Raspberry Pi in it.

I honestly expected that link to be a video on how to do that step.

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderblaze16 View Post
    Honest question, where the hell are they still getting funding for these? You think by now the whole world should know Atgames products are cheap shit, with a staff that's mostly deaf considering they never bother with the sound issue.

Just where are they making there money from? This is like there 7th fucking revision.
    From all of the shitty Atari flashback consoles (they're at #8) they release every other year. I bought one of those for $10 in a bargain bin. I couldn't even use my official paddles for games like Breakout. Total garbage!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information