Quantcast

Thread: My 32x doesn't like the 32x version of NBA Jam

Death Adder's minion

32X My 32x doesn't like the 32x version of NBA Jam

My 32x version of NBA Jam doesn't work on my 32x. It's never worked. The game just does this little click and then nothing. I bought it like 4 years ago for like $5 and thought that it was just dirty. All my other 32x games worked too so i was certain it was something with that cart.

Recently I bought a mega everdrive and I thought I'd try NBA jam 32x and see what I'm missing. I fired up the rom and it doesn't work. There rom acts just like my cart.

I'm thinking now there is something wrong with my 32x. Just strange that there's only one game that doesn't work.

Have you y'all seen this? Bad capacitors?

Thanks

Whoops might have posted in wrong section? Feel free to move this elsewhere.
    Last edited by homerhomer; 04-15-2018 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Probably wrong section

The eeprom save memory may be broken on your copy of NBA Jam T.E. for the 32X. Also, since it's not working on your Mega EverDrive it's because you're using the eeprom save memory version, you have to get a hack that changes it to SRAM saving. I have it, let me know through a PM if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by homerhomer View Post
    I'm thinking now there is something wrong with my 32x. Just strange that there's only one game that doesn't work.

It's not bad capacitors. As I said, there's probably something wrong with the EEPROM chip for saving in your copy of NBA JAM T.E., it may have reached the end of its life cycle. And again, the eeprom save memory version doesn't work on the Mega EverDrive neither, you need to get the SRAM hack for it.

You've posted in the 32X section of the forum so you're fine.
    Last edited by roadkill; 05-15-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Amerika's Avatar

My 32x version of NBA Jam doesn't work on my 32x. It's never worked. The game just does this little click and then nothing. I bought it like 4 years ago for like $5 and thought that it was just dirty. All my other 32x games worked too so i was certain it was something with that cart.

Recently I bought a mega everdrive and I thought I'd try NBA jam 32x and see what I'm missing. I fired up the rom and it doesn't work. There rom acts just like my cart.

Thanks

I realize this post is a few months out of date but nobody answered you. With an Everdrive version of NBA Jam, Knuckles Chaotix and one of the Football games, you have to modify the ROM file slightly. Anybody can do it and you can get instructions from this thread: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3086.0

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    ...you have to get a hack that changes it to SRAM saving. I have it, let me know through a PM if you want it.
    Do you have a version of NBA JAM 32X that actually SAVES in SRAM? I just know the one that DISABLES EEPROM, and saves nothing.

Death Adder's minion

32X Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joyeux View Post
    Do you have a version of NBA JAM 32X that actually SAVES in SRAM? I just know the one that DISABLES EEPROM, and saves nothing.
    Whoops, forgot I posted this. Anyway, I'll try the hacked version and see if it works. That would make sense now that you guys pointed out what it could be

Thanks for

Quote Originally Posted by Amerika View Post
    I realize this post is a few months out of date but nobody answered you. With an Everdrive version of NBA Jam, Knuckles Chaotix and one of the Football games, you have to modify the ROM file slightly. Anybody can do it and you can get instructions from this thread: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3086.0
    Huh? Can nobody see my post from 04-15-2018?

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    The eeprom save memory may be broken on your copy of NBA Jam T.E. for the 32X. Also, since it's not working on your Mega EverDrive it's because you're using the eeprom save memory version, you have to get a hack that changes it to SRAM saving. I have it, let me know through a PM if you want it.

It's not bad capacitors. As I said, there's probably something wrong with the EEPROM chip for saving in your copy of NBA JAM T.E., it may have reached the end of its life cycle. And again, the eeprom save memory version doesn't work on the Mega EverDrive neither, you need to get the SRAM hack for it.

You've posted in the 32X section of the forum so you're fine.

Death Adder's minion

This is something I haven't thought about in years but back in the mid-2000s I purchased a new old stock (NOS) copy of NBA Jam TE for the 32X from an eBay wholesaler. The first copy was DOA as was a second they sent me. No idea why they didn't work. I later found a used copy and it worked without problems. I wonder if there was just a bad batch out there.

Thread Information