Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom 3D printed Stunner mod

Sega's Schnitzel Wildside Expert Bratwurst's Avatar

Default Custom 3D printed Stunner mod

I designed a bracket to mount a microswitch behind the trigger for the Saturn Stunner:

stunner1.jpgstunner2.jpg

It's an old mod to replace the original cheap push button, but most of the time back in the day it was done with hot glue or duct tape. I'll post more pictures once I finish wiring it up. I'm hoping people will be interested in kits to install in their guns or pre-modded Stunners because I have a few extra I'll be tossing on the marketplace sometime this week.
    My selling/buying feedback through Sega-16, Atari Age, Digital Press and Nintendo Age

Wow. This is very cool. Sign me up.

Ding, done. The trigger is a thousand times more accurate with no missed pulls and great tactility.

stunner3.jpg

Alas, I have no lightgun games to actually test my extra stunners with for now, but I'll start a for-sale thread later and offer up the printed pieces (and microswitch) for anyone who wants to mod their own gun. It will require soldering know-how, but it's a very simple procedure. Or I guess I could do it for you if you need me to and are willing to send your gun.

Usually, you're instructed to clip the top plastic of the trigger that activates the original button, but I prefer to remove that button completely so you can leave the trigger intact. Then you wire in the common and normally-open tabs of the micro-switch to the two points the original button was located.
    My selling/buying feedback through Sega-16, Atari Age, Digital Press and Nintendo Age

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I'd totally be interested in a kit if you had one and if the price was pretty reasonable.

I've got most of the Saturn light gun games and a couple extra stunners I'd be interesting in doing a comparison if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I'll send you a PM, I have just one microswitch left over and can print the bracket tonight. I'm expecting a copy of Virtua Cop in the mail tomorrow so that's when I can test the extra Stunners I have and will formally start a for-sale thread in the bazaar.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

this is really cool! been meaning to play some saturn shooters too, time to go see if my guns work worth a damn...

Road Rasher

Will you be putting these on ebay? That will possibly be the easiest way for me to buy. I will probably buy a few if you do that.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    I designed a bracket to mount a microswitch behind the trigger for the Saturn Stunner:

stunner1.jpgstunner2.jpg

It's an old mod to replace the original cheap push button, but most of the time back in the day it was done with hot glue or duct tape. I'll post more pictures once I finish wiring it up. I'm hoping people will be interested in kits to install in their guns or pre-modded Stunners because I have a few extra I'll be tossing on the marketplace sometime this week.
    will you make one for dreamcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CasetheCorvetteman View Post
    Will you be putting these on ebay? That will possibly be the easiest way for me to buy. I will probably buy a few if you do that.
    I have already sold out but I have more switches arriving soon. I could put them on eBay but why not just buy through the forum? You're using paypal either way or are you using a different payment option? I'm not hesitant to ship to Australia btw, I'll ship anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    will you make one for dreamcast?
    Send me the gun so I can design the bracket.

Road Rasher

I have already sold out but I have more switches arriving soon. I could put them on eBay but why not just buy through the forum? You're using paypal either way or are you using a different payment option? I'm not hesitant to ship to Australia btw, I'll ship anywhere.

Send me the gun so I can design the bracket.
    Yes i pay using paypal, so thats ok

Road Rasher

My parts arrived, i havent had time to unpack them yet.

Thanks mate!

Oh excellent. I had a customer tell me that the inside of their stunner was a little different, so I had to change the design just a bit going forward. If you find your bracket doesn't fit, the track that the controller cord runs through was probably shifted up, all you need to do is file/cut away 2mm of plastic. It should be obvious what to do and it will still seat snugly after the alteration- I feel bad that I didn't catch this, but of the half dozen guns I did in person I never ran into this mold variation.

Road Rasher

Oh excellent. I had a customer tell me that the inside of their stunner was a little different, so I had to change the design just a bit going forward. If you find your bracket doesn't fit, the track that the controller cord runs through was probably shifted up, all you need to do is file/cut away 2mm of plastic. It should be obvious what to do and it will still seat snugly after the alteration- I feel bad that I didn't catch this, but of the half dozen guns I did in person I never ran into this mold variation.
    Itll be no dramas mate, ill make it work

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

stunner1.jpgstunner2.jpg

I bought one of these on eBay. Already installed it. Itís fucking sweet.

By the way be sure to remove the existing trigger spring as the included switch is already spring loaded and leaving the old spring in makes for a very tiring house of the dead experience!

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

one issue i've noticed with this mod is sometimes if you pull the trigger too hard it goes past the switch and gets jammed... happens a lot on house of the dead if you shoot rapidly

Thread Information