Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So, Virtua Fighter 3 on Dreamcast was basically arcade perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by StuOhQ View Post
    That much is pretty obvious from the thumbnail to the video featured in the OP (check the ground). Dreamcast would often have cleaner visuals than the PS2, but have muddy - almost N64-esque - textures.
    What? Dreamcast textures were crazy sharp for their time.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What? Dreamcast textures were crazy sharp for their time.
    Agreed, that was always the best part of the DC games and how clean and vibrant most games looked with beautiful textures, bar the odd game like MSR
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    I never played the arcade version myself but I've just stumbled upon this video:

It looks almost the same. Somehow, I remember people dismissing the port as not doing justice to the glorious arcade version. Was it some kind of elitism? Or there are really some differences that are not noticeable on the first sight, like botched controls.
    You could say this about EVERY arcade port on the Dreamcast. Gauntlet Legends? Oh it was good on the Nintendo 64? Try the Dreamcast version. Seriously when it came to games that were on PS1, N64, and Dreamcast at the same time, the Dreamcast was almost always the better. Same with Sega Genesis and Sega Saturn. Not always, but most of the time the arcade ports were always the best on Sega systems. Not sure why but it's the same problem with Activision and how they had Super Pitfall and Ghostbusters on the NES. Ghostbusters on Master System was good, and Pitfall the Mayan Adventure was far better on any Sega system, and the same could be said about Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 being better on PS1/Dreamcast. I really think that some companies like Activision had some deadly grudge against Nintendo or something but that's just me.

Thread Information