Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: So, Virtua Fighter 3 on Dreamcast was basically arcade perfect?

  1. #16
    Hero of Algol
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,647
    Rep Power
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Coming from one who's endlessly trying to bash the Snes and cheer on the MD, that's irony at its peak as is liking emu footage of MD and SNES games . It's quite clear it's all but perfect as the footage shows (non emu btw) There's the odd missing detail, but that's it. Every Arcade port back in the day was downgraded (non-Neo) even NA@MI ports, given the DC lack of Ram, but one would be hard pushed to see any difference and the difference with VF3 port is tiny.
    Plus I really don't know where you get better lighting, much less more drab and dull from; given the vibrant and clear image the DC would pump out, Think you should go back and play your DC in VGA and see VF3tb running, The only major stand out diff was the more blocky and low res background plane.
    You're such a clueless moron. Shut up.

    You can't stand people having opinions or stating facts that go against your blatant fanboyism. Quit your stirring shit routine; nobody is talking about SNES and MD here.
    I just answered to the OP, try to live with that.

  2. #17
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    4,771
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    You're such a clueless moron. Shut up.

    You can't stand people having opinions or stating facts that go against your blatant fanboyism. Quit your stirring shit routine; nobody is talking about SNES and MD here.
    I just answered to the OP, try to live with that.
    It's clear that you can't and no insults please .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  3. #18
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Why am I getting a reported post about this thread? If you seriously can't handle arguing with each other then I suggest you put each other on ignore and move on with your lives. This kind of petty crap doesn't need me to step in to do anything when people are capable of acting like adults.
    05/05/15

  4. #19
    Hero of Algol
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,647
    Rep Power
    172

    Default

    I'm pretty sure I didn't start it. I simply replied to the OP; didn't quote anyone, didn't questioned anyone else's opinion; just stated mine.
    Then TA came and shitted all over it for no good reason.
    I'm also not the guy trying to bring the 16-bit war to a DC thread.

  5. #20
    Hero of Algol TrekkiesUnite118's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,073
    Rep Power
    120

    Default

    Honestly, I think TA just needs to learn a more effective and mature way to debate these things with people. This situation almost always plays out like this:

    TA: "Game/Console A is so amazing and perfect! It's so much better than B."

    Someone else: "Well that's not entirely true for reasons X, Y, and Z."

    TA: "WTF HATER YOU KNOW NOTHING TAKE THAT BACK! HOW DARE YOU!" *Proceeds to vomit old magazine scans all over the forum*

  6. #21
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    54

    Wii

    Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    Honestly, I think TA just needs to learn a more effective and mature way to debate these things with people.
    This is what needs to happen more then anything else. Reported posts from people for discussions like this just annoy me slightly. Having a debate is fine but learn to keep an open mind on both sides and everyone can enjoy the discussion without the need to 1up everything.
    05/05/15

  7. #22
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    4,771
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    You're such a clueless moron. Shut up.

    You can't stand people having opinions or stating facts that go against your blatant fanboyism. Quit your stirring shit routine; nobody is talking about SNES and MD here.
    I just answered to the OP, try to live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Why am I getting a reported post about this thread? If you seriously can't handle arguing with each other then I suggest you put each other on ignore and move on with your lives. This kind of petty crap doesn't need me to step in to do anything when people are capable of acting like adults.
    Because I was called a Moron and insulted. Now you were quick enough to warn me and look to ban me. Be nice if you stopped the insults coming my way in the interests of fairness.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  8. #23
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    4,771
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    You're such a clueless moron. Shut up.

    You can't stand people having opinions or stating facts that go against your blatant fanboyism. Quit your stirring shit routine; nobody is talking about SNES and MD here.
    I just answered to the OP, try to live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post

    TA: "WTF HATER YOU KNOW NOTHING TAKE THAT BACK! HOW DARE YOU!" *Proceeds to vomit old magazine scans all over the forum*
    Hardly, I had a warning and a telling off and reported, just the other month. So from now on the interests of fairness, I'm reporting any time I get insulted in a thread and expect the mod to sort it out. I never insulted anyone in this thread, not called anyone a hater and just said VF3tb looked all but perfect and produced videos to back it up..Also I'm sure as a DC fan you know and respect how clear and vibrant the DC display is via VGA. VF3tb isn't perfect but the differences are tiny..

    On another day you might have agreed, but not today I guess.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  9. #24
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    54

    NDS

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Because I was called a Moron and insulted. Now you were quick enough to warn me and look to ban me. Be nice if you stopped the insults coming my way in the interests of fairness.
    You could say that but it would be nice if you learned to have a discussion with people instead of...

    That is simply not true and a complete load of tosh.
    What did you think was going to happen when you said this?

    Do you want people to stop "insulting" you? Then stop being a hardass when you walk into threads like this and say, "NO, YOU'RE WRONG!" all the time.

    Edit: You were banned that one time because I asked you to stop fucking arguing not once but multiple times and you didn't listen.

    You just had to get the last word in. You couldn't help yourself but to constantly reply to make a point nobody cared about that much that I was "forced" to make you stop talking.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 05-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    05/05/15

  10. #25
    WCPO Agent Orchid87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Metro City
    Posts
    925
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    So, uhm, where does the truth lie? Are there any actual examples of huge diferences between the versions? Because going by that video they are almost identical.
    _____________________________________


  11. #26
    Hero of Algol
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7,647
    Rep Power
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrekkiesUnite118 View Post
    Honestly, I think TA just needs to learn a more effective and mature way to debate these things with people. This situation almost always plays out like this:

    TA: "Game/Console A is so amazing and perfect! It's so much better than B."

    Someone else: "Well that's not entirely true for reasons X, Y, and Z."

    TA: "WTF HATER YOU KNOW NOTHING TAKE THAT BACK! HOW DARE YOU!" *Proceeds to vomit old magazine scans all over the forum*
    This.
    And then he plays the victim card on top of everything.


    Anyway, more to what I said and TA fiercely attacked as being "not true and a complete load of tosh":
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumehra
    The DC port was flawed even in the environments. The beach stage in the model 3 version was a sight to behold and it still amazes me till today. If you look at the DC port of the beach stage, the clouds are pixelated and they look horrid compared to the arcade versionís beauty. The res was also lower and the graphics are kinda blurry when compared to the sharp, yet smooth and higher res model 3 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Asakura
    Yeah, something really did seem to be off about the background scenery in the beach stage, especially when I played the game on VGA. It looked like a low-res, pixelated bitmap, kind of like the lifeless 2D bitmap backgrounds most PS1/Saturn 3D fighters had back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by osotogari
    from what I remember in the DC version the character would bounce a bit higher off of some moves, I think that was the main complaint
    Quote Originally Posted by Shag
    I know for sure some combos that work on Model 3 version do not work on DC. Also there are combos that only work on the DC version. Most of them were documented, I donít know where to look for them at the moment.
    https://forums.shoryuken.com/t/virtu...-garbage/21548


    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    So, uhm, where does the truth lie? Are there any actual examples of huge diferences between the versions? Because going by that video they are almost identical.
    In terms of graphics, you really just need to play the beach stage back to back to understand the differences. On the arcade it was really refreshing and impressive.
    The DC version lost most of the "wow" factor of the original version graphics IMO.

    And the video is emulation-based. Model 3 emulation is not perfect.
    Last edited by Barone; 05-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.

  12. #27
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,494
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Seriously I just wish we could have honest and open debates instead of thread shitting because someone feels that an opinion different from theirs is a travesty and must be challenged to the ends of the earth.
    05/05/15

  13. #28
    Master of Shinobi
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    So, uhm, where does the truth lie? Are there any actual examples of huge diferences between the versions? Because going by that video they are almost identical.
    IMO, without evidence to the contrary, it's probably somewhere in between. There's no debating that the DC version does have significantly downgraded textures (both in variety and resolution it would seem), it has a few minor graphical glitches, and there are possibly some issues with the joints of some of the models. Supposedly the DC models were downgraded in terms of polygon count, but I don't see it so I'd need to see some receipts on that. There are also possibly some gameplay differences, but I don't know the intricacies of the game well enough to say. That being said, it's nowhere near the levels of awful that some people have claimed over the years.

    To be honest, I'd like to see someone who's really familiar with the game (and preferably has an arcade board) document the differences, because best as I can tell there are no really good comparisons on the net. Personally, I'm inclined to think that the graphic emulation in current WIP builds of Supermodel is good enough to draw rough comparisons from, but running from a real board would eliminate any doubt. There's been too much said over the years that seems to be based on memories that could be called into question, or comparisons between the DC version and the Model 3 promo video (which looked better than the actual game), and it would be nice to finally put this debate to bed with irrefutable proof.

  14. #29
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    4,771
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    You could say that but it would be nice if you learned to have a discussion with people instead of...
    You gave me a warning, for making out someone was an idiot (when all I did was imply) . So in the interest of fairness and impartiality, I expect you do come down on anyone who personally insults people; Calling someone a Moron is insulting and personal attack. So kindly put a stop to it please.

    What did you think was going to happen when you said this?
    A detailed response telling me how wrong I was and maybe the odd video or picture to back it all up, which is usually what Baron likes to do; even likes to put in markers in some of his pic's pointing out differences or shortcomings like for SEGA Rally on the Saturn and the fanboy banter, which is fair enough
    Did not expect to be personally insulted, not least when I never called anyone names or personally insulted attacked anyone. So like I said, you came down hard on me, I'll expect you to do the same, for others who personally insult a fellow member.

    So, please put a stop to it.
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 05-03-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

  15. #30
    Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    4,771
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    The DC port was flawed even in the environments. The beach stage in the model 3 version was a sight to behold and it still amazes me till today.
    I said the main difference was the low res background Plane which looked more blocky than the Arcade version, even this DC fanboy could see that. So looking over that I was also on about how close graphics the game was, not going off any differences in combos, that is a separate matter.
    Now back in the day, I use to see VF3 running in the Arcades, my importshop and then play the game on the DC and I could barely see any difference between the 2 versions, even when you had the DC version being played on one side of the shop (import) to the Arcade board via Supergun or whatever .
    I've never understood why people single the game out. Playing Sega Rally II in the Arcade to the DC version, you saw big cutbacks and differenes. I never saw that with the DC ports of Getbass, VF3TB, Virtual Striker 2, Virtual On 2 they were very much near spot on ports and in fact I'll go as far to say, that other than slow down the NA@MI port of Model 2 Virtual Striker 2 looks better
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •