Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Amazon to Zunafish: Buying Genesis Online

Default From Amazon to Zunafish: Buying Genesis Online

Whenever someone decides they want to enter the wonderful world of the Genesis, a whole slew of questions arise. Which console variation should they get? What do they need to get started? Where should they shop for their games. With the amount of traditional brick and mortar stores selling Genesis items getting smaller all the time, more and more gamers are turning to the Internet for all their gaming needs. We've compiled a nice little list of places you might want to keep in mind when you shop online, so read our online buyer's guide and get to buying!
    Last edited by Melf; 09-10-2011 at 01:50 PM.

I haven't used it for awhile, but GameTZ.com is a another trading site, but one that doesn't REQUIRE a fee to use it.

That first picture... the one of the Genesis logo. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyT
    I haven't used it for awhile, but GameTZ.com is a another trading site, but one that doesn't REQUIRE a fee to use it.
    I came here to specifically plug that site, and I'm beaten in the first reply. Really, I'm surprised it'd not in the article, given that it's been around for like seven years now and has a large community built around it.

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

Wow what a great article, well done glenn, these are the kind of fantastic features that make this site a bounty,

Although I've one request glenn, just like benjamin and vinny have mentioned GameTZ, would it be ok, if some one else amended your original and awesome feature by entering in a place they found particularly great or even requested you to check it out and add it in?

That way we could get a complete list of the top online places to find genesis. Granted it could get out of hand since there are so many places, but if they provided something different like GameTz, it would be worth checking out.

Either way welldone again, that new jersey store is going to be great I have a feeling, thanks for pointing it out.
    "Age badly is something women do, games are good or bad when they are released. "

"It's like watching Runic stones by vikings here in Täby: not beautiful compared to Mona Lisa, but damn fine stuff for their time, as Phantasy Star II is, and that is why I enjoy it."

Zebbe speaks on the quality of how 16-bit games hold up against modern counterparts 28/07/07 beautiful

The good thing about this article is that it can be added to whenever another cool site is found. I don't use GameTZ anymore, as I had a very bad experience with one of their mods (who totally dicked me over because of some feedback), but most people I know have had nothing but good things to say about it. It's worth including.

I got many of my Megadrive and Saturn imports thru Gametz (I'm getting Elevator Action Returns for the Saturn coming in the mail today, from Gametz, woot!).
    Last edited by ThunderForce; 10-12-2007 at 11:30 AM.

Oh yeah, another place to get your games at good prices are forums. Shmups (www.classicgaming.com/shmups), Neo-Geo (www.neo-geo.com), Digital Press (www.digitpress.com). I get many of my games from forums (including most of my rares). Shmups and Neo-Geo are the forums I use the most for Genesis swag. I just got Eliminate Down from the Neo-Geo forum at $150 (while on ebay it goes for $300).

Nice article, but couldn't it have been longer? There's only three stores listed there.

Wildside Expert

Too bad the last store might not ship international. The prices are...whoa...

How do you know if the games are mint/complete in the last store?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe
    How do you know if the games are mint/complete in the last store?
    You can email him, he gets back to you really quick.

I didn't even know about Gametz.com lol

Sorry I havent been around, busy week at work, but I just ordered some games and I've been working on 2 reviews so I'll be back with a vengence!
    Sega CDX
    Currently Reviewing: Editing/Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
    On Deck: Night Trap
    Next Purchase: Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?

I wish ebay.co.uk had even half the selection as ebay.com .

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

This article is way too short.

Although, props for recommending Collectors Cards & Games. That site rocks.

Also worth mentioning:

Half.com -- Pretty similar to Amazon in function, but I prefer it for some reason. It's really straight-forward and shipping is cheap.

GameTZ -- Good site for trading as well as buying and selling. Plus it's free. The major downside is that the site as a whole is oriented toward more recent stuff.

Digit Press - Just a forum, but a hell of a lot of trading/purchasing goes on there.

eStarland - Great selection, reasonable prices, very up-front about completeness. I've bought a lot from these guys, and everything is always in very good condition. The only downside for me is that they completely exclude some systems, which is a pity considering they have such a good selection for most of the systems they do have. That doesn't really have anything to do with Genesis, though.

Console Passion (UK) - Very extensive site. Great recommendation for European people, or for anyone looking to buy something from Europe.

Japan Game Stock - Good selection of games from Japan, however they have an additional fee which is somewhat dishonest.

Genki Video Games (UK) - UK-based retailer of Japanese games. The exchange rate will kill you, and the prices aren't the best, but it's a nice site nonetheless.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I also like Japan Game Stock. However, if the games you buy cost too much, they demand insured shipping, which will ruin the whole nice deal.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information