Quantcast

Thread: Laptop advice

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

Default Laptop advice

Need some advice about a laptop. I may take this instead of cash for a job. Man, I can't make a living doing stuff like this.

So I am trying this thing and it works okay for streaming. But I come to Sega-16 forums and it's slower than molasses. I don't know a lot about computers but I guess I thought streaming video was a lot more difficult than some text on the screen. What gives?
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

That's it, thanks! I had headphones plugged in from when I was streaming so I didn't notice. It will take me forever to rep you - so slow...

Is there a fix for this?
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bones Justice View Post
    That's it, thanks! I had headphones plugged in from when I was streaming so I didn't notice. It will take me forever to rep you - so slow...

Is there a fix for this?
    The only real fix is to run an ad-blocker on the site, or wait for such ads to stop running. I hope the admin(s) will cut off these ads.

I don't want to block ads on sega-16 because I want to support the site, but I'm getting close. I have a 4GHZ 8c16t ryzen 7, and even then the site chugs when these ads are loading. I can't imagine how bad it would be on a slower machine.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOj View Post
    The only real fix is to run an ad-blocker on the site, or wait for such ads to stop running. I hope the admin(s) will cut off these ads.

I don't want to block ads on sega-16 because I want to support the site, but I'm getting close. I have a 4GHZ 8c16t ryzen 7, and even then the site chugs when these ads are loading. I can't imagine how bad it would be on a slower machine.
    Thank you. I don't want to do something harmful; not really sure how to do that anyways.

It's so slow that I've resorted to typing my comments in Notepad then copy & paste to the reply box. It's just too slow to even try typing on the website.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

I'd say just download uBlock Origin for your browser of choice (it runs on Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome at the very least) and be done with it. It'll block the ads (and a lot of other unnecessary/malicious crap) out of the box, so there's nothing difficult or complex you need to do (although it gives you advanced options, should you choose). It's much more harmful (to you) not to use something like that, and you can easily disable it for any site.

Thread Information