Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tänzer by mix256 (Mega Drive ninja action platformer) is on Kickstarter

ZFG Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert foxnoodles's Avatar

Oh sounds awesome! Keep it up!

This looks fun! A bit of a Ranger X feel.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training mix256's Avatar

Was torn between doing a ranger-x type and a strider-type, actually. Strider won, even though that's not the main inspiration.

Love the name: TÄNZER; It has a good, imposing ring to it. Something important for an action side-scoller

Quote Originally Posted by mix256 View Post
    Was torn between doing a ranger-x type and a strider-type, actually. Strider won, even though that's not the main inspiration.
    Ninja Gaiden ? The character running animation and the fast pacing of the game reminds me of it.
    [ QCF, HCB + K ]

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Love the name: TÄNZER; It has a good, imposing ring to it. Something important for an action side-scoller

Ninja Gaiden ? The character running animation and the fast pacing of the game reminds me of it.
    I'm quite please with the name as well. Just need to make the main char dance to live up to its name.
    Hagane was the main inspiration, but I'm working on having a ninja gaiden intro, though.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

I'm quite please with the name as well. Just need to make the main char dance to live up to its name.
    Hagane was the main inspiration, but I'm working on having a ninja gaiden intro, though.
    An epic introduction like Ninja Gaiden would be fantastic, I would give that suggestion.

Really want to get a 1943-like cut scene in there, as well. Will try to squeeze the resources to get something like that in.

Also, we have a new enemy in the first level, what's more western than a bison?

Really want to get a 1943-like cut scene in there, as well. Will try to squeeze the resources to get something like that in.

Also, we have a new enemy in the first level, what's more western than a bison?

I'm following the project in every step.
    I'm very happy with the progress.
    Bisons are really cool, I liked their edition, I could suggest a different color to it, maybe a dark body symbiote style of the spider man.

Quote Originally Posted by Chev Chelios View Post
    I'm following the project in every step.
    I'm very happy with the progress.
    Bisons are really cool, I liked their edition, I could suggest a different color to it, maybe a dark body symbiote style of the spider man.
    Thanks!
    I have 4 colors left on the enemy palette here, so I will be shifting colors of some of the enemies, this one might be included in that shift.

In other news, a huge bug fix was made to the game this weekend. So relieved. And I might be expanding the number of demo-carts of the KS from 20 to 50. The work load for me to actually do the carts themselves has been drastically reduced.

Thanks!
    I have 4 colors left on the enemy palette here, so I will be shifting colors of some of the enemies, this one might be included in that shift.

In other news, a huge bug fix was made to the game this weekend. So relieved. And I might be expanding the number of demo-carts of the KS from 20 to 50. The work load for me to actually do the carts themselves has been drastically reduced.
    Thanks for feedback my friend.

It took me a while, but as planned, I made my contribution, it's going to be a great game.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Hi folks,
    I just received an email with respect to a reward survey concerning this Kickstarter. In the survey, it gives us a choice between a North American version, an European version and a Japanese version. Has anyone seen the mockshots for these? I always worked on the assumption that the coverart would be the following with the art prominently featured from corner to corner:

I know some people care about old school North American gridlines/red candy cane strip or European blue streak. But personally favour the cover featuring the full art. I hate when the art is cut off. Has anyone seen each version of the cover art or know which version will feature the full art? Thanks in advance.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I just received an email with respect to a reward survey concerning this Kickstarter. In the survey, it gives us a choice between a North American version, an European version and a Japanese version. Has anyone seen the mockshots for these? I always worked on the assumption that the coverart would be the following with the art prominently featured from corner to corner
    First, thanks for the support!
    The other box layouts don't even exist as mockups yet (the one shown in your post is the EU one). Since you can only send out the survey once per reward-group at Kickstarter, and we needed the addresses for the ones getting a demo-cart, we had to send this question out as well.
    Just take the one you think will best suit you. And when I show the layouts for the other ones and then if you change your mind, just send a Kickstarter-message and I'll note it down. Ok?

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Thumbs up

First, thanks for the support!
    The other box layouts don't even exist as mockups yet (the one shown in your post is the EU one). Since you can only send out the survey once per reward-group at Kickstarter, and we needed the addresses for the ones getting a demo-cart, we had to send this question out as well.
    Just take the one you think will best suit you. And when I show the layouts for the other ones and then if you change your mind, just send a Kickstarter-message and I'll note it down. Ok?
    Hi Mikael,
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

My hope is that the NTSC version will resemble the cover art in the photograph above since the art is displayed from corner to corner. I know that there are a few people that want the grid lines and red barber-like stripes but the art is often times covered. In any case I will complete the survey by this weekend. When the layouts are finally released, I'll remember to send you an email if I decide to change the version of the game.

In closing thanks for releasing more demo carts during the Kickstarter! As a fan of the console, it is very much appreciated! Cheers!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Thread Information