Quantcast

Thread: Questions about New games (actual new old stock)

Default Questions about New games (actual new old stock)

We recently acquired about 1000+ new old stock from a European Store that had a lot of NTSC american games.

There is a large section of Genesis games, but a lot (mostly the plastic cases ones) have the box not sealed, but if checked the inside of some games, and the manual and cart are 100% minty, definitely never taken off the box.

Now, did all games came sealed? or some came without seal?

If we are going to plan to sell these, can we sell them as New in Box value, or discounted value as the internals are new box the box is not sealed (and some have broken hang tabs)

Thanks!

Eli

Hero of Algol

Broke hang tabs ones should have some discount IMO.

The issue with already opened boxes is that depending on the materials used you may have a slight yellowing going with the manuals and some oxidation on the carts' PCB contacts, for an example.
    I think a small discount and a proper description of the items' origins would paint a better picture of your company than if you try to sell them at New in Box value.

What would be cool and good for you IMO would be to include an extra promotional material inside the boxes (since they're not sealed) with Piko Interactive's line-up and whatnot.
    Last edited by Barone; 06-22-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Broke hang tabs ones should have some discount IMO.

The issue with already opened boxes is that depending on the materials used you may have a slight yellowing going with the manuals and some oxidation on the carts' PCB contacts, for an example.
    I think a small discount and a proper description of the items' origins would paint a better picture of your company than if you try to sell them at New in Box value.

What would be cool and good for you IMO would be to include an extra promotional material inside the boxes (since they're not sealed) with Piko Interactive's line-up and whatnot.
    I like the way you think. I did thought about discounted, the Manuals and Cart are 100% minty so they look super new, just the cases/boxes have some wear and no seal.

There are some seal stuff that has wear (like corner crushed a bit) under the seal.

That's awesome what are the titles of these games?

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

I think you'd have to sell them as CIB, but minty fresh CIB definitely has a premium. Not as much as sealed, but 20-50% depending on the rarity of the game.

The hangtab missing is gonna be a big killer on value, though, the people who will pay more for minty fresh CIB definitely want the hangtab. I wouldn't expect much premium above CIB if the hangtab is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower of Power View Post
    I think you'd have to sell them as CIB, but minty fresh CIB definitely has a premium. Not as much as sealed, but 20-50% depending on the rarity of the game.

The hangtab missing is gonna be a big killer on value, though, the people who will pay more for minty fresh CIB definitely want the hangtab. I wouldn't expect much premium above CIB if the hangtab is missing.
    Yeah I already requested a discount on them from the seller party as they didn't told me they werent' sealed. When we agreed on the value it was based on sold listings of the Factory sealed versions, and if I have to discount a lot (which some of them have a Massive price different from CIB and NIB), I would need a discount on the price. Hopefully we can agree to something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    We recently acquired about 1000+ new old stock from a European Store that had a lot of NTSC american games.

There is a large section of Genesis games, but a lot (mostly the plastic cases ones) have the box not sealed, but if checked the inside of some games, and the manual and cart are 100% minty, definitely never taken off the box.

Now, did all games came sealed? or some came without seal?
    I remember buying new Genesis and Master System games in the late 80s and very early 90s here in Canada that weren't sealed. At least, not with plastic wrap usually there was an oval-shaped Sega sticker on the side to keep the box "sealed".

There were some exceptions to this, though, such as games like "Phantasy Star II" that came bundled with a hint book. And I believe by late 1990 / early 1991 shrink wrap became the standard.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Yeah, I would consider selling them as "Like New" but the description of the provenance and details of the items is going to need to be done or else you're going to get chargebacks from jerks on ebay who say "herp a derp it was listed as new and it's not new without shrinkwrap".

That said, you can still probably do well on the prices if everything is really as minty as you say. I also like Barone's idea of including promo material or a X% off coupon in the box as well to entice people who might not of heard of your releases. Can never hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Sports Talker

So, as a collector, I have to ask: how will you let your buyers know about the titles available? 1000 copies of Last Battle?

Quote Originally Posted by ifkz View Post
    So, as a collector, I have to ask: how will you let your buyers know about the titles available? 1000 copies of Last Battle?
    Everything we got will be posted on Gamegavel.com for sale.

We got over 1500 pieces of New old stock games from Xbox and back.

Thread Information