Quantcast

Thread: Need help with installing a TRS audio jack

Default Need help with installing a TRS audio jack

I have an S-Video modded 32X that I'd like to put a 3.5mm TRS audio output jack on, but I no longer have access to the bottom of the DIN A/V out port. Is there anywhere on top of the 32X board where I can pull the stereo left and right audio channels from?

If it can't be done then it's no big deal since I was planning on installing a TRS jack on my Model 2 anyway.

Very helpful, thanks...

Just pull the audio from somewhere off your model 2. Unlike the video that requires you to use the output of the 32x in order to see everything properly, you can actually grab the audio from anywhere. I have an s-video modded 32x but I actually removed the original AV din port from it and put a perfectly matched s-video port in its place. So I had to grab audio from elsewhere. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I could use the headphone jack off my model 1, or as I do now, I installed separate RCA jacks off the back of my Genesis and just use those for the audio out. And yes the extra PWM and sound channels will all be heard.

Thread Information