Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The House of the Dead appreciation thread

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    oh man that sucks. this talk makes me want to play some virtua cop 2 right now though. fortunately my lightguns are ready to go. nothing beats dual wielding bad ass mode.
    Am I weird that I preferred just using one gun? Way easier to aim accurately

In the house of the dead I can get further With one gun and than I can with two

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post

Game plays better with one gun, but its more fun with 2 imo. Speaking of HOTD on the Saturn. I have to say its one of the best sounding games on the system and all the music is coming off the soundchip, which a lot of people overlook as it sounds so good
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

It feels very cool to play a light gun game holding two guns, but you can't aim for shit and your accuracy suffers massively as a result. Still feels fucking awesome though!

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

no 1 gun is better since you can only focus on one gun anyway. but 2 guns make me feel more bad ass standing in front of the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Game plays better with one gun, but its more fun with 2 imo. Speaking of HOTD on the Saturn. I have to say its one of the best sounding games on the system and all the music is coming off the soundchip, which a lot of people overlook as it sounds so good
    Finally, someone else who is in the know on this... amazing music.. ive noticed a few glitches with it here and there though, like in the second boss battle

Just added this game to my collection today. My first impressions are that although this Saturn port of the arcade game took a major hit in the graphics department, it sounds fantastic and the gameplay is spot on. I'm not very good but I'm having fun with it! I like how there are lots of different routes to take through each stage, which enhances the replay value of the game. I'm not a total novice to the HOTD series, I used to play HOTD 2 all the time on my Dreamcast back in the day.

Finally, someone else who is in the know on this... amazing music.. ive noticed a few glitches with it here and there though, like in the second boss battle
    The Music is amazing and so many think the music is coming off the CD and is CD-DA, but its all coming off the chip and it's totally brilliant. The game might look a little rough, but it plays great and plays just like the Arcade and its totally brilliant and fun to play.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Just added this game to my collection today. My first impressions are that although this Saturn port of the arcade game took a major hit in the graphics department, it sounds fantastic and the gameplay is spot on. I'm not very good but I'm having fun with it! I like how there are lots of different routes to take through each stage, which enhances the replay value of the game. I'm not a total novice to the HOTD series, I used to play HOTD 2 all the time on my Dreamcast back in the day.
    Well done, the game is fab and it does sound amazing
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The next level

Honestly the talk of Disc Rot is a bit silly. While it can and does happen, it's a very specific issue that's due to a defect in mastering. If you get a disc that doesn't show any signs of disc rot and you take good care of it, odds are it's not going to start showing any signs of disc rot.

The next level
    Quite, the Stunner is the best lightgun going. I just wished more games made use of it. SEGA really should have brought the likes of Line of Fire and Aliens the Gun game to the Saturn.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Quite, the Stunner is the best lightgun going. I just wished more games made use of it. SEGA really should have brought the likes of Line of Fire and Aliens the Gun game to the Saturn.
    Do you mean Alien 3:The Gun? That was an awesome arcade game by Sega, and would have been a real treat on the Saturn! Same goes for Sega's excellent Jurassic Park arcade games. They would have been perfect for a Saturn port.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I can't say much since I only played the PC version (with a couple of audio tracks bitrotten, argh - disc came like that >:​/).
    Was your PC copy the one published by Xplosiv because I had the Xpolsiv release and experienced the exact same kind of bitrotten issues with the audio on my copy and if your copy is from the same publisher it might be a printing defect and not an isolated incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Do you mean Alien 3:The Gun? That was an awesome arcade game by Sega, and would have been a real treat on the Saturn! Same goes for Sega's excellent Jurassic Park arcade games. They would have been perfect for a Saturn port.
    Yeah Aliens3 the gun game. Was really hoping for a Saturn port. Its a shame the planned Gun Blade NY Saturn port was cancelled . That would have been another great game for the Stunner
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

I doubt Jurassic Park the lost world (1997) wouldve worked very well on Saturn, it was a model 3 game with very complex character models and animations etc... more likely a dreamcast port wouldve been made.

Thread Information