Quantcast

Thread: all A-RANKS in Burning Rangers

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

WTF all A-RANKS in Burning Rangers

Im just gonna say... if you can get all a-ranking scores in burning Rangers, for every scoring category... you are a god. I will worship you. I really donít see how itís possible. Has ANYONE ever took the time to master this game? I can get all A ranks in NiGHTS but BR seems leaps and bounds more difficult.

EDIT:

This guy did ALL S RANKS
    Last edited by Moirai; 07-09-2018 at 12:19 PM.

counter of beans Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

Yep , in fact I usually get an S, which is higher than "A" rank. I was posting some info in the recent review thread, but didn't get too much response there.

The one category I usually mess up on is the Crystals one, usually the boss hits me and I lose my 100 crystals and there's no way to get them back. Other than that, you have to really learn the levels. You don't have to put out every fire either. Just keep the limit controlled. It took me a while to find some of the hidden nooks where extra crystals and survivors usually are.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cafeman View Post
    Yep , in fact I usually get an S, which is higher than "A" rank. I was posting some info in the recent review thread, but didn't get too much response there.

The one category I usually mess up on is the Crystals one, usually the boss hits me and I lose my 100 crystals and there's no way to get them back. Other than that, you have to really learn the levels. You don't have to put out every fire either. Just keep the limit controlled. It took me a while to find some of the hidden nooks where extra crystals and survivors usually are.
    I really need to get to know the nooks and crannies of this game... the levels just take so long to complete that I have a hard time playing it sometimes... itís almost an arcade style game that canít be played arcade style (short gaming sessions) lol

counter of beans Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

Keep playing the same level until you have mastered it, don't move on to the next level too soon. To get an S or even A on level 2, each game will be like 40 minutes long or more. But on stage 3 you can beat the level in 15 minutes and still score well. It's up to you if you want to devote your time to it.

When I played, I let the randomizer do it's thing, that way every round I would get different layout and different survivor locations. After a couple days, I really came to know the level and recognize where walls might be closed or open across different versions of the level. But you can use the end of level password and keep replaying the same layout , fortunately - that way you will more quickly get a high grade. Its a pretty well designed game, only hampered by the camera and the early 3D tech.

Thread Information