Quantcast

Thread: Sega Saturn Virtua Stick

Formerly known as 5233 Master of Shinobi Jeckidy's Avatar

Saturn Sega Saturn Virtua Stick

I know the Saturn is home to some great fighters, and since Fighters Megamix was recently reviewed, I'd like to know something about this accessory.

I have digital copies of Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and Sonic the Fighters on PSN. I am planning to get a Hori fight stick mini for my PS3. However, looking back on the ol' Saturn, I wanted to know how this fight stick for that system holds up in terms of quality. Has anyone had the opportunity to own one or use it?

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckidy View Post
    I know the Saturn is home to some great fighters, and since Fighters Megamix was recently reviewed, I'd like to know something about this accessory.

I have digital copies of Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, and Sonic the Fighters on PSN. I am planning to get a Hori fight stick mini for my PS3. However, looking back on the ol' Saturn, I wanted to know how this fight stick for that system holds up in terms of quality. Has anyone had the opportunity to own one or use it?
    I have one and IMO its the best Arcade stick ever made.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker MushaAleste's Avatar

There are two HSS-0136 variants. The earlier models have a vintage seimitsu LS-56 stick, which is unbeatable. The newer variants have an ascii stick, which is still quite good. If you ain't happy with the ascii, just swap it for a modern seimitsu.

Clotho Lachesis Atropos Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

I really want one of these.. so many Saturn games would play better with a joystick..

There can be only one. WCPO Agent synbiosfan's Avatar

Depending where you live a US seller just put one on eBay for like $75 shipped.
    Diabetes sucks!

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I have this one which is also called the Virtua Stick.

It's pretty good, nice weight, durable build. I wish the buttons were a little bigger though. It's definitely not a Hori style arcade replica or anything, but I think I paid like $20 for it back in the day, and as far as I know, they still don't for much more than that nowadays. I'd recommend it for $30 or less. It's definitely a quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post

It's pretty good, nice weight, durable build. I wish the buttons were a little bigger though. It's definitely not a Hori style arcade replica or anything, but I think I paid like $20 for it back in the day, and as far as I know, they still don't for much more than that nowadays. I'd recommend it for $30 or less. It's definitely a quality product.

Not a clicky stick though

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Thumbs up

Yup what I have. I got mine about 2 years ago new in box for $24 shipped. I love it despite the stick not clicky. I played a lot of fighring games with it and funny enough Panzer Dragoon.
    Twitter Segata

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I might get one. Whatís inside? I doubt itís leaf switches

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Itís pretty flimsy. I had crack mine open and glue back some plastic tabs that kept the joystick in place. Iím almost afraid to work it like an arcade stick, because I fear that it will fall apart.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Really? Huh. Mine's been going strong for years, never had an issue with it. I suppose I don't use it a ton though. It's not a fancy stick by any means, but it's cheap, has a good weight and feels solid to me. I'll take your word it though, Vet. I'll try not to get too over zealous rocking the stick.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

I have the Pal version of the Stick and its ok, but its rubbish compared to the Virtua Stick and also a step back from the Arcade Power stick on the MD
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information