Quantcast

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Non-fun non-facts

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    My god, do Americans not learn any history in school these days?

Kids don't fail school here, the schools fail them. It's actually terrible.
    Having worked in higher education most of my life before I retired I can honestly say that an awful lot of villages are missing a highly visible member of their community.

It is a three legged stool - the parents, the system and the students all fall short in the process. Higher education aids and abetts since they impose no quality control - not a biggie for them since they have been running a ponzi scheme for several decades.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Kiwi

My god, do Americans not learn any history in school these days?

Kids don't fail school here, the schools fail them. It's actually terrible.
    Dunno. Not been in school in 18 years. When I was in school yes they taught it but I was studying Ancient Greece and other Ancient History for fun outside of school. WWII stuff was taught a lot in schools growing up, however. For a time the History channel was nicknamed the Hitler channel. It was nonstop Nazi history stuff. Then all fictional media in the 80s/90s loved to make Nazi's villains in less than historically accurate settings like Wolfenstein and Indiana Jones. I was nearly murdered by some skinheads with Swastika tattoos when I was 16 at an Office Max back in 1999. So the term and history and those who claim practice has always been around me.

As for Jake. I look at SJW and Social Activists in two different ways.

Social Activist sees a building without a wheelchair ramp. They work to get the ramp built on the property. An SJW see's the building without a ramp and then chastizes people with legs and tries to make them feel bad for having working legs that can walk upstairs.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

Admit that I'm right or I'll call u a Nazi!

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    I can't hear that without thinking of this scene from American Beauty (Bowsley, I tried looking for one without the car ride scene, but I'm running late and I gotta go to work. Stop watching at 50 seconds.)

lol oh God, I remember that scene. Awkward doesn't even begin to describe it. Brilliant film.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Admit that I'm right or I'll call u a Nazi!
    That's exactly what a Nazi would say!!

That's exactly what a Nazi would say!!

Already we are trying to improve our genes from the embryonic stage to make them improved/better than we are ourselves. A bit Hitlerish.

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

I would rather not to have inherited the heart defect that frequently puts me in a state of clinical death. I have resolved to never have children, to keep from passing this on. I'm fully in favor of genetic manipulation to remove genetic diseases. Never mind the fact that humanity is still not at the state where we can't have an Irish potato famine issue with the entire hominid group if the right strain of influenza gets out.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM2040 View Post
    Already we are trying to improve our genes from the embryonic stage to make them improved/better than we are ourselves. A bit Hitlerish.
    1. Improve genetics
    2. People still are dicks to each other.
    3. People still commit suicide.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

1. Improve genetics
    2. People still are dicks to each other.
    3. People still commit suicide.
    Rember the film Gattaca? Opening monologue has one line I always remembered. "I belonged to a new underclass, no longer determined by social status or the color of your skin. No, we now have discrimination down to a science."

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Rember the film Gattaca? Opening monologue has one line I always remembered. "I belonged to a new underclass, no longer determined by social status or the color of your skin. No, we now have discrimination down to a science."
    I can see it now..

Quote Originally Posted by The Year 2040
    What? You don't have money to grow TWO PENISES?
    gtfo out poorfag!

I can see it now..
    So tourettes guy has been genetically modified all this time?

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Yuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    The fact that Nazis existed in no way justifies calling everyone who disagrees with someone Nazis. Most people who cavalierly use such cheap theatrics have no clue about what the WWII Nazis (not the wannabes we have today) really believed and did. In essence calling someone a Nazi has become a cottage industry audio meme of its own. Most people who throw that accusation out would likely crap their drawers if they ever came face to face one on one with a real WWII Nazi.

We do know that SJWs exist (however you want to define them) and that they often act in an NPC manner that disregards any information that doesn't follow their script. (Try talking to a global warming (or whatever term they use these days -seems to change at will) believer about the Norse settlement of Greenland and you will generally draw a blank look or some shabby excuse to attempt to obscure the historical record.) So they do exist (we can argue in what numbers and who qualifies) and the meme is a handy way to describe what is essentially a condition of fugue - sometimes a picture is indeed worth a thousand words.
    so in the face of rising hate crimes & arguably a global creep toward far-right fascism...this post has dumbass alt-right NPC memes, "modern nazis aren't real nazis", climate change denial and...ess jay dubs. think i filled my bingo card here, props.

maybe this place was a mistake.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Jake Armitage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    so in the face of rising hate crimes & arguably a global creep toward far-right fascism...this post has dumbass alt-right NPC memes, "modern nazis aren't real nazis", climate change denial and...ess jay dubs. think i filled my bingo card here, props.

I am glad to see that reasonable discourse exists - just not in some quarters obviously. Modern Nazis exist -but they are a pale imitation of the real thing* - read some history (if you did and it didn't sink in reread it until it does). If there is any group that is mimicking the street tactics of the pre WWII Nazis (and to be honest those of their Communist opponents of the era) in today's climate it is the Antifa rabble.

Go ahead and toss out some more cheap insults - they work admirably well** in place of reasoned discourse (especially when one may not be able to indulge in such adult behavior).

*Any comparison between George Lincoln Rockwell and Adolph Hitler is pathetic - both were buffoons but one was just a minor footnote in history. If only both had been.......

**NOT!
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; 11-03-2018 at 07:14 AM.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post

Your perspective is fascinating sometimes.

Wrong, but fascinating.

Thread Information