Quantcast

Thread: Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Default Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru

Now this is one Iím glad I didnít pay $1000 for. Decent game, definitely not worth the hype. Awesome if you can play it on a CDR, itís worth every penny if you bootleg it! I find the game would play a lot better with an arcade stick because of how much you have to tap the buttons... music reminds me of samurai shodown, very japanese.. not bad, not my favorite either.. main player character sprites look kind of weird, like they were designed for a different screen resolution then stretched.. I havenít beaten the game yet, but so far it seems oddly easy.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Now this is one Iím glad I didnít pay $1000 for. Decent game, definitely not worth the hype. Awesome if you can play it on a CDR, itís worth every penny if you bootleg it! I find the game would play a lot better with an arcade stick because of how much you have to tap the buttons... music reminds me of samurai shodown, very japanese.. not bad, not my favorite either.. main player character sprites look kind of weird, like they were designed for a different screen resolution then stretched.. I havenít beaten the game yet, but so far it seems oddly easy.
    Reminds me more of Ganryu than SS, except with much better graphics, great use of 2D and 3D. Sprites look fine to me! Wish more copies had been made.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

It's basically SEGA Saturn's Hagane.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Kinda a clunky game TBH

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

So Glad I got my copy back in the day. Not its not worth the asking price but what the game is, is a showcase for the Saturn tech and showed what was possible when one used the Saturn unbeatable 2D might and mixed in it with the VDP II and 3D polygon GFX. The game looks amazing and its truly jaw dropping when one sees the 3D backrounds roate for the 1st time and when that Purple sider walks into the screen for the 1st time

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Would not mind trying it but I believe the most expensive game I own on SS is Bulk Slash, which is one of my fave games on the system.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Oh gawd here is another one that I regret not buying for 69.99 back in the day because i didnt know much about it and I was cheap as hell. This and Daytona Netlink and I remember that one going for 29.99 on Sega's website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Oh gawd here is another one that I regret not buying for 69.99 back in the day because i didnt know much about it and I was cheap as hell. This and Daytona Netlink and I remember that one going for 29.99 on Sega's website.
    Imagine using a netlink on Saturn with web browser to access Sega.com, and purchasing Daytona netlink edition... with a netlink... that would be 1337 AF

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Imagine using a netlink on Saturn with web browser to access Sega.com, and purchasing Daytona netlink edition... with a netlink... that would be 1337 AF
    Well it would have been on a Dreamcast for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    It's basically SEGA Saturn's Hagane.
    I can see the resemblance, but Taromaru is what a REAL Shinobi game on Saturn should've been! Shinobi Legions was cool, but it was a bit slow and stiff in comparison.

Thread Information