Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Story Of Digital Pictures

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Default The Story Of Digital Pictures

I found this vid very interesting. Whether you love them, hate them or don't really care one way or the other about them, FMV games were a big part of the Mega CD's library, and Digital Pictures, for better or worse, were behind a lot of them! This is their story...

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Iíve been planning on checking that video out. I had several FMV games for my SEGA CD, with DP games like Tomcat Alley, Prize Fighter and of course, Sewar Shark. DP was supposedly funded by Sony and SEGA.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Iíve been planning on checking that video out. I had several FMV games for my SEGA CD, with DP games like Tomcat Alley, Prize Fighter and of course, Sewar Shark. DP was supposedly funded by Sony and SEGA.
    Was Tomcat Alley a DP production? I thought it was a Sega production, under their Sega TruVideo studio, same as Fahrenheit. I could be wrong.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Was Tomcat Alley a DP production? I thought it was a Sega production, under their Sega TruVideo studio, same as Fahrenheit. I could be wrong.
    It was a Sega production, not DP.

I thought so.

You've got to laugh at the fact that during the senate hearing on violent video games, Howard Lincoln stated that games like Night Trap would never be available on a Nintendo console. A few months ago I'm pretty sure it was announced that Night Trap would be available on the Switch lol! Well, they held firm against the tide of smut and corruption that us Sega fans peddled and enjoyed so much, but they finally gave in 25yrs later.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

It was a SEGA only Production. The confusion comes from SEGA also using the 'Truemotion' tag for few Digital Pictures games Like Ground Zero, Prize Fighter Ect It also shows how SOA fell for the FMV hype and fad and spend millions on it. I love most of the FMV games and Tomcat Alley is a great game, but more money should have been spent on space based SEGA CD games. Still at least SOA tried with the SEGA CD, unlike SEGA Japan .
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

It was developed by The Code Monkeys.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It was developed by The Code Monkeys.
    Paid for and published by SEGA. Ecco wasn't made by SEGA but they still published it and paid for its development and own the IP rights
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

ecco was made by someone who was 100% working for sega. forgot his name, he was with sega of america.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    ecco was made by someone who was 100% working for sega. forgot his name, he was with sega of america.
    Ed Annunziata, and yes he was 100% working for Sega.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

Howard Lincoln stated that games like Night Trap would never be available on a Nintendo console. A few months ago I'm pretty sure it was announced that Night Trap would be available on the Switch lol! Well, they held firm against the tide of smut and corruption that us Sega fans peddled and enjoyed so much, but they finally gave in 25yrs later.
    Nintendo and Sega looked like complete tools during that mess. They really should have recognized that they were up against a common enemy, and worked together to defend their industry rather than pathetically deflecting and slandering each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    No sorry, Novatrade made the game but it was just published and paid for by SEGA. Camelot made Shining Force III for SEGA, they were not an In-House team Lots of outsourced SEGA games would have a full-time SEGA producer or even Director assigned to work with the given 3rd party team and work on the project. Very much like how most of SEGA's Sports Mega Drive and Saturn games were outsourced while having SEGA producers working on the project, same went for the likes of games like BUG, Bug II, MSR . Nintendo do it all the time, same goes for MS.

Dracula Unleashed is down as a SEGA True Video Production, even though its a port of Viacom PC CD-ROM game
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Nintendo and Sega looked like complete tools during that mess. They really should have recognized that they were up against a common enemy, and worked together to defend their industry rather than pathetically deflecting and slandering each other.
    Well its thanks to Nintendo working with and them dumping SONY, the common enemy went alone and took over the Video Game industry. Yet another reason to hate Nintendo with a passion
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Nintendo and Sega had been at war for so long at that point that Nintendo balked at the idea of working with them to fight off government interference. Kalinske tried to get them to see sense but Lincoln said it was Sega's fault that the industry was being scrutinised in the first place, and so Nintendo had no intention of helping Sega 'clean up their own mess.' Complete bollocks really, especially when you consider that, when it suited them, Nintendo didn't give a shit about censorship. See MKII on the SNES as a perfect example. If they had such holier than thou 'family friendly' virtues then why not censor the port of MKII like they did MK1? I'll tell you why, because the Mega Drive port of MK1 completely outsold the SNES port, and at the end of the day all Nintendo cared about really was the bottom line.

Nintendo and Sega had been at war for so long at that point that Nintendo balked at the idea of working with them to fight off government interference. Kalinske tried to get them to see sense but Lincoln said it was Sega's fault that the industry was being scrutinised in the first place, and so Nintendo had no intention of helping Sega 'clean up their own mess.' Complete bollocks really, especially when you consider that, when it suited them, Nintendo didn't give a shit about censorship. See MKII on the SNES as a perfect example. If they had such holier than thou 'family friendly' virtues then why not censor the port of MKII like they did MK1? I'll tell you why, because the Mega Drive port of MK1 completely outsold the SNES port, and at the end of the day all Nintendo cared about really was the bottom line.
    Spot on
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information