Quantcast

Thread: Reader Roundtable Vol. 143 (August)

Exclamation Reader Roundtable Vol. 143 (August)

Any takers for this month? Submissions have slowed to a crawl lately, and I'm not sure if this series will continue much longer if we don't get any submissions. Just give us a paragraph about what you've been playing this month! Submissions should be in by Wednesday, Aug. 29, and the article will go live the next day.

Count me in.

EDIT - Submission sent via PM.
    Last edited by Assault9; 08-28-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

Currently Playing For the Beat 'Em All List -

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

I wouldn't mind writing up something to contribute if you still need more submissions.

Do you think it's worth reaching out to see how many people are still interested in this series? Personally, I'm a big fan of the idea, but I don't know how many other people are. You mention submissions have been down, and I've noticed that there have hardly been any replies to the forum topics. Although, it is possible that a lot of people like to read them but don't really have much to say (I often fall into this category).

I've only had one submission thus far. At this rate, I think I'll keep it going to #150 and then retire it, since no one wants to participate anymore.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    Although, it is possible that a lot of people like to read them but don't really have much to say (I often fall into this category).
    I do too. I always enjoy reading them, but I generally only respond when I feel the need to correct someone ('cause I'm an asshole like that) or when I have thoughts about one of the featured games that I haven't shared before.

Instead of making it an all or nothing thing, why not just do one when you have a decent number of submissions and skip it when you don't? I'd rather see it more intermittently than not at all. I'd imagine interest will pick up with the new releases on the way too (most Tanglewood backers are probably waiting on their carts).

I don't think people would respond that way. It's with me calling for submissions, and practically no one participates. To wait for people to send them in on their own would take forever.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Well I certainly hope the Reader Roundtable continues. In a way, it's the most current and fun part of the website. It shows the current significance of all these old games from the past few decades.

I think the low turn-out is because the feature itself has been intermittent the last few months, plus it's summer so people are probably traveling and camping. I'd expect the participation to increase with the coming months.

It's a great feature even when it only gets a few submissions, too.

Count me in this month. I should be able to get something written up tonight and sent in. Hopefully this will keep going and I do want to see more people participate myself included. Just need to stop being quite as busy as I've been.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Melf, I sent you a PM with a submission.

What I've noticed around these forums is that a lot of people don't necessarily spend a lot of time with games these days, and people who are playing don't necessarily always play on Sega consoles. I know this is more of a dedicated Sega site, but what about expanding this series to something that includes all consoles? I think this could be one subject where that would make sense. Especially considering we could easily repeat many games as there are only so many people could be playing.

This covers all Sega consoles now.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Thread Information