Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I tried playing my Xbox 360 for the first time in months...

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Octopath is the best RPG to release this year. It's The Square I miss. Truly outstanding OST as well.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Octopath Travelers got pretty good reviews.
    Haven't played it tbh. Not that i think the Switch has that many exclusives that make the system any better than the One X or PS 4
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    If you're not a fan of console exclusives then you're right.
    I'm also a fan of multiplat (rdr2 can't wait) games but they are much better on any other system as well, if they are at all on the switch.

Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Depends on if those consoles exclusives are
    Octopath Traveler.
    Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart 8.
    Breath of the Wild.

All great exclusives even if you yourself don't like them. A hell of a lot of people do and feel the console was worth the purchase just for those games alone along with the huge wait for Smash obviously along with the new Poke'mon game people are hyped up about like crazy.

I know it's hard for you and bultje112 to accept it but the Switch to a ton of people in which the sales prove this is a wonderful system with great games to have.

The Switch even if you think doesn't have anything over the PS4 and Xbox One has some wonderfully fun games to play and that's all that should matter. I thought we buried the Nintendo vs Sega which system is better shit years ago.
    05/05/15

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Oh no. The Nintendo hate is strong amongst some members of the board here.

I donít give Nintendo any of my money, but that has more to do with not liking their policies and the way they treat their customers. I certainly have an interest in the Switch though. Itís the ultimate portable game system.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

It's the cool thing amongst trolls to shit on Nintendo systems. If you like anything of theirs your a fanboy lol. TA and Bul are just in it for the lulz. Esp Bul. Just a troll and nothing more. I love my PS4 but I do like the portable aspect of Switch. From an exclusive to a 3rd party multiplat it's still cool I was playing Wolfenstein II in a taxi. Portable systems always good for some RPGs but to have them in HD on the go is great. I'm also happy how they play at home. I don't care if it's not the cool thing to love this system but it's an amazing system. Between PS4 and Switch just physical games alone I own over 100 games for them. I don't know how many I have digitally. 2 best systems this gen and the 2 best systems IMO since SEGA made consoles.

Octopath Traveler.
    Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart 8.
    Breath of the Wild.
    Try not all are exclusives, even if yes, I don't like them: Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 are Wii U ports. And sales count for something . Thats like making out because the SNES outsold the MD by millions of systems, the fact that Donkey Kong Country, Mario IV Mario Kart sold so much better than anything on the Mega Drive must mean the Snes was the better system and had the better exclusives. Lets not go down the petty route of using sales. More so for me and when for many of my best games don't tend to sell in Huge numbers at the best of times, even on popular systems lol

Any system will have some good games for it, but for me the Switch isn't a great handheld - Its too big and the battery life sucks and for ones main console under the TV.. Well the features its offers are sub-par for GFX, sound and Online functions and where almost all the 3rd party games are drastically cut back and hugely downgraded. I'm not impressed with the system or Nintendo output of late tbh. In fact about the only reason I still have some sort of Interest in my Switch, is Grandia 1 and II coming to the system and the hope that both ports will use Saturn and DC code for the base of the ports
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 10-09-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Octopath Traveler.
    Xenoblade Chronicles.
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Mario Kart 8.
    Breath of the Wild.

All great exclusives even if you yourself don't like them. A hell of a lot of people do and feel the console was worth the purchase just for those games alone along with the huge wait for Smash obviously along with the new Poke'mon game people are hyped up about like crazy.

I know it's hard for you and bultje112 to accept it but the Switch to a ton of people in which the sales prove this is a wonderful system with great games to have.

The Switch even if you think doesn't have anything over the PS4 and Xbox One has some wonderfully fun games to play and that's all that should matter. I thought we buried the Nintendo vs Sega which system is better shit years ago.
    those aren't even exclusives.

Switch

Try not all are exclusives, even if yes,
    Uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    those aren't even exclusives.
    You mean to tell me they're not Nintendo exclusive titles?

I'm not talking about just exclusives on the Switch. I'm talking about Nintendo exclusives.

Oh and I forgot to mention Splatoon 2 which has a ton of people playing it also. Look guys, you can reason your dislike for the Switch all you want and that's fine just realize that not everyone shares the same opinions as you guys feel about it. I like my Switch but I like my PlayStation 4 just as much also.

Is it ok for me to like both systems?

Is there a problem with me saying yes I like Nintendo systems as well as other ones? Of course not.

Sometimes I feel like you guys are just beating on Nintendo just to be either edgy or trolling. It's hard to tell which is which these days. I know not everyone likes the Switch and I'm cool with it. Just try and be more open minded about what the system's strong points are instead of beating it down with the same tired rhetoric of how it's not as "Powerful" as the PS4 and Xbox One. If that was really a valid argument then Nintendo couldn't have moved almost 20 million systems in just over one damn year.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 10-11-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    05/05/15

Is there a problem with me saying yes I like Nintendo systems as well as other ones? Of course not.
    No, and nor should it be an issue of people saying they don't like the Switch and giving reasons why not (same goes for XBox or PS4)

I'm not talking about just exclusives on the Switch. I'm talking about Nintendo exclusives
    Sorry I thought when you said

A hell of a lot of people do and feel the console was worth the purchase just for those games alone along with the huge wait for Smash obviously along with the new Poke'mon game people are hyped up about like crazy
    It was reguards to just the Switch console and not the broad range of Nintendo games not matter what Nintendo system they are on.

If that was really a valid argument then Nintendo couldn't have moved almost 20 million systems in just over one damn year.
    To me most people are buying the system as the follow up to the 3DS and using it as a Handheld. I take the point of sales, but in the end sales don't always show a true reflection on how good a game or system is. And if one was only to look at sales, so many of the best selling games over recent years weren't on a Nintendo system with the likes of GTA 5 being a prime example.

Also don't get issues with the current Nintendo bashing, while historic Nintendo bashing and the tired rhetoric of how it's not as "fast or "Powerful"as the Genesis CPU, seem to be so much in favour on here and stil this day are used.

I'll give any corp and system credit and respect when I impressed with the unit and hardware, but I'm not impressed with the Switch on a Hardware level (its just a Nvida shield no custom hardware at all) and I've not been impressed with Nintendo output of late tbh.

Mario Kart 8 is just more of the same and really not as good as Sonic Transformed imo, Zelda Breath of the Wild is one the most boring games I've played and for a open world the NPC's AI is pretty basic and with no real sense of them living and going about their daiylives and Mario Oddesy one of the biggest letdowns from Nintendo.

I've always bought Nintendo Hardware for Mario alone and is Oddesy just a huge step backwards from 3D Land and the amazing Galaxy. I'm not the biggest SONY fan, but my GOD does SONY's Astrobot simply destory Mario Oddesy and is just the most amazing 3D platform game around
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 10-11-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Not everyone bought a Wii U. A lot of those shared to titles will be a 1st for them.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

A bunch of PS3 games was ported to PS4. In 2014 PS4's first full year on the market was more ports of last gen games than new exclusives. 2015 is when it picked up for PS4. This is Switches first full year on the market and sure it has many ports. 2019 is loaded already and like PS4 is the pickup year. Tho 2017 was loaded as well. Daemon X Machina, Mainline Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion 3, Travis Strikes Again, Fire Emblem Three Houses, new IP in Town, Yoshi's Crafted World, Animal Crossing and possibly Metroid Prime 3 and Bayonetta 3...possibly. That's pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Not everyone bought a Wii U. A lot of those shared to titles will be a 1st for them.
    True, but that doesn't stop them being ports.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    A bunch of PS3 games was ported to PS4. In 2014 PS4's first full year on the market was more ports of last gen games than new exclusives. 2015 is when it picked up for PS4. This is Switches first full year on the market and sure it has many ports. 2019 is loaded already and like PS4 is the pickup year.
    What games were those? Sure some PS3 games got the remastered treatment, but that is different from ports. I wouldnt look to bring up the likes of COD or Fifa which launched on the PS4 and was also on legacy hardware.

And other than Prime 4 Yoshi , Im more looking forward to what's coming to the Xbox One and PS4 sorry.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

True, but that doesn't stop them being ports.

That doesnít matter, because most of the people that bought the Switch probably never owned a Wii U. Itís not like MineCraft that can be played on just about anything. And itís certainly not in the same boat as the Wii U that got ports of every thing from the previous gen.

When I got my PS4 a year after launch, I was replaying a bunch of games that Iíd already played on the PS3. It took a really long time for good 1st party and 3rd party titles to come out, while the Switch has gotten a healthy amount in its 1st year.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10-11-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Thread Information