Quantcast

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Official Thread)

Hopefully this puts a fire under fonzie's ass. Now he's competing with the real thing lmao.

Tiido's apprentice Road Rasher TulioAdriano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jymannob View Post
    https://www.streets4rage.com

So, SOR4 out before Paprium or not ?
    Yep, now we have a Paprium killer. Great job Fonzie.

Honestly I think animation is sub par, and graphics look rough as hell, but well if that's what kids these days want right? As long as it sells...

I wonder how much of the SOR Remix team got involved in this.

These logos have links on them! Click! Click!

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by TulioAdriano View Post
    Yep, now we have a Paprium killer. Great job Fonzie.

Honestly I think animation is sub par, and graphics look rough as hell, but well if that's what kids these days want right? As long as it sells...

I wonder how much of the SOR Remix team got involved in this.
    Hard to tell with 3 seconds of footage but I agree it does look a little rough. Reminds me of Double Dragon Neon.
    Bet we see ROM hacks of SOR2 done to look like SOR4 before Paprium gets on a cart.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

It's very early, and it looks like Lizardcube will be doing the heavy lifting. Hopefully they'll get it right. It's no less rough looking than Paprium and it shows about as much gameplay.

Let's see which one gets released first.

Alex Kidd

Being billed as a sequel is the only thing which "bothers" me. It reminds me of how well Sonic 4 faired, both as a terribly sloppy platformer as well as having the audacity to bill itself as part of a franchise which brings about loftier expectations. The trailer helps assure me that it won't be bad like Sonic 4, and you do get a sense from the intro and gameplay that this is being made by people who care, but...

This looks like Shank or any of similar games. That doesn't make it bad, but Streets of Rage was an AAA series. I'd expect more. I guess part of it is that beat-em ups as a genre is dead, so it's hard to justify the cost of delivering more, especially after flops like the 2005 Altered Beast and Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

The adopted visual style worked wonderfully for a game like Dragon's Trap. For a beat'em up - especially one like Streets of Rage ? Forget it.

I don't want SOR to look like a saturday morning cartoon.

Also, why not simply hire the guys who created the Streets of Rage Remake ? They are hardcore fans and definitely knew what they were doing there. Give them a good budget and working conditions and I'm sure that the end product would be at least solid.

Also, I hope that they will have the good sense of bringing Yuzo Koshiro back for the soundtrack... RIGHT ?

----------------------

GRAND UPPER EDIT: The game will be relesead before Paprium. Count on it.
    Last edited by Bottino; 08-27-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    [ QCF, HCB + K ]

My first impression is also 'looks like a flash game'. I much prefer a pixel art style. Not enough info to form any other conclusion!

I'm feeling the exact same from 3 years ago on the Shenmue 3 announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    The adopted visual style worked wonderfully for a game like Dragon's Trap. For a beat'em up - especially one like Streets of Rage ? Forget it.

I don't want SOR to look like a saturday morning cartoon.

Also, why not simply hire the guys who created the Streets of Rage Remake ? They are hardcore fans and definitely knew what they were doing there. Give them a good budget and working conditions and I'm sure that the end product would be at least solid.

Also, I hope that they will have the good sense of bringing Yuzo Koshiro back for the soundtrack... RIGHT ?

----------------------

GRAND UPPER EDIT: The game will be relesead before Paprium. Count on it.
    Agreed 99%!

OFF: IMO, SOR Remake only sucks in the artwork department (looks like a lot of sketches LOL) and some original sprites that was based in SOR1.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training sainrub's Avatar

Cool announcement, hopefully DOTEMU has figured it out. Still salty about the Irem Collection being a mess.

I think it looks really good, although the art is a bit unfitting of SoR. They got Dragon's Trap good, and the art can change before the game is released. Although even concerning Dragon's Trap I prefer Monster Boy's art over its. This is the type of graphics they should use, though, but with a darker tone. I wouldn't want it to be pixel art, even Sonic Mania I think should've used modern 2D high-res art.
    Last edited by paulojr_mam; 08-27-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Wildside Expert

The character design and art direction are rather nice (no extravagant looking sprites or fluorescent colors like paprium.) On the other hand, though the rough lineart style worked for the chubby reinterpretation of dragon's trap characters, the ingame sprites in this look too rough for the sequel of such a franchise as SOR imo. I guess its still pretty early to give a clear opinion so I am not sure. I fear now that there is an official SOR 4 for the fans, this will represent a difficult contender for paprium after all these years of rumor and frustration.
    Last edited by Arm; 08-27-2018 at 04:01 PM.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Amazing news if being made by Lizard Cube. Thier work was fantastic on Wonderboy remake.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Being billed as a sequel is the only thing which "bothers" me. It reminds me of how well Sonic 4 faired, both as a terribly sloppy platformer as well as having the audacity to bill itself as part of a franchise which brings about loftier expectations. The trailer helps assure me that it won't be bad like Sonic 4, and you do get a sense from the intro and gameplay that this is being made by people who care, but...

This looks like Shank or any of similar games. That doesn't make it bad, but Streets of Rage was an AAA series. I'd expect more. I guess part of it is that beat-em ups as a genre is dead, so it's hard to justify the cost of delivering more, especially after flops like the 2005 Altered Beast and Golden Axe: Beast Rider.
    Sonic 4 is Sonic Team. This is Wonderboy III remake team.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thread Information