Quantcast

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage 4 (Official Thread)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

EA doesn't offer loot boxes. They offer only the best in "Surprise Mechanics"

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    No it's more then fair to give EA shit. They weren't rated as the worst company of the year for two years in a row for nothing.
    I expected better from you . It's all about raitings now ?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

I don't know anybody who worked for EA who was glad that they did it, or had any fun stories to tell, instead describing their tenure as a waking nightmare of abuse for terrible pay. Coincidentally, everybody I knew who worked for EA is dead now due to "sudden illness".
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    instead describing their tenure as a waking nightmare of abuse for terrible pay. .
    I seem to read that from most ex development staff these days, including Rockstar San Diego, Quantic Dream Ect, sadly its nothing new longer hours and terrible pay for most staff is part and parcel of the industry; hell didn't some staff working on Sonic X end up in the hospital, from working insane hours?

But forget loot boxes (to me you have to be dull to buy to them) or ratings The worst move EA did was when it and the horrible greedy NFL joined up and signed an exclusive agreement to make EA the sole provider of NFL games and with that, kill the best sport series known to man with SEGA's ESPN NFL. That's the worst move EA did in gaming for me and it still hurts, but I'm too old to worry about lists or what Twitter, RestEra says I just care if a game is any good or fun to play these days.

EA is far from my fav developer, but I have enjoyed a number of their titles this gen, like EA Acess and Origin and looking forward to Fallen Order
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Wildside Expert

I see that SOR4 has been getting a lot of attention here over the past few days. Was there a recent update regarding release date or what consoles it will be available on?

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I seem to read that from most ex development staff these days, including Rockstar San Diego, Quantic Dream Ect, sadly its nothing new longer hours and terrible pay for most staff is part and parcel of the industry; hell didn't some staff working on Sonic X end up in the hospital, from working insane hours?

But forget loot boxes (to me you have to be dull to buy to them) or ratings The worst move EA did was when it and the horrible greedy NFL joined up and signed an exclusive agreement to make EA the sole provider of NFL games and with that, kill the best sport series known to man with SEGA's ESPN NFL. That's the worst move EA did in gaming for me and it still hurts, but I'm too old to worry about lists or what Twitter, RestEra says I just care if a game is any good or fun to play these days.

EA is far from my fav developer, but I have enjoyed a number of their titles this gen, like EA Acess and Origin and looking forward to Fallen Order
    So slave labor and getting children addicted to gambling isn't as bad as an exclusive sports license?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Master of Shinobi

EA has a huge laundry list of sins that is too long to get into right now, but personally I hate them for killing off Westwood.

Master of Shinobi

You never get that big without commiting as many sins
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge size milestones @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150)

Ninja

I expected better from you . It's all about raitings now ?
    That post made no sense sir. EA is an awful company to work for. If you have no idea what happened with Battlefront II then you should probably read up on that mess and then understand why so many people dislike them.
    05/05/15

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I expected better from you . It's all about (corrected)ratings now ?
    I didn't buy Star Wars Battlefront 2, because the only way you could be good in the 1st game was if you paid for perks. I remember unloading over a dozen shots into a player in SW Battlefront 1 and the guy turned and killed me with 2 shots. Fucking assholes ruined it for me!
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    That post made no sense sir. EA is an awful company to work for. If you have no idea what happened with Battlefront II then you should probably read up on that mess and then understand why so many people dislike them.
    Name me a corp that's wonderful to work for, its really hard to find any these days and let's not act like working long hours for basic pay is anything new, especially for the video games industry.

Have you played Battlefront II? btw It's not a bad game for what it is, but its EA so it must be hated on, even by those that don't play or own the game (Sonic suffers the same issue) even Mass Effect Andromeda is nowhere near as bad as its made out to be, even Madden is becoming half decent and I think NHL 2018 is one of the best Ice Hockey game made in years. If you are dull and gullible enough to buy loot boxes, then you deserve to be used as a mug IMO.

I'm not the biggest fan of EA (also think most gaming corps have a lot to answer for working conditions and hours) or all of its games and still to this day hate the move it and the horrible greedy NFL did with the sports deal, but have enjoyed a number of their games this gen and don't look to join the pretty lame ResEra EA basing, because ResEra or Twitter tells us so.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    So slave labor and getting children addicted to gambling isn't as bad as an exclusive sports license?
    Think like that, one wouldn't play any video games at all, Given all our GFX cards and especially all the modern consoles are made thanks to Chinese Slave labour, never mind the story of the endless long hours games developers have to work, our children getting addicted to gaming, never mind the crap Nintendo said about games like Night Trap corrupting kids minds or how GTA is to blame for all the violence of today So don't let's bring the moral line in to gaming, because it got a pretty poor record and continues to do so.

BTW, just to point out there are very good parent controls in both the PS4 and Xbox One front end, far better than what's on most kids Mobile phones where tons of spending is done, but no one wants to give up the smartphone right?
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I didn't buy Star Wars Battlefront 2, because the only way you could be good in the 1st game was if you paid for perks. I remember unloading over a dozen shots into a player in SW Battlefront 1 and the guy turned and killed me with 2 shots. Fucking assholes ruined it for me!
    This, this, this and this! Fucking arseholes ruined Battlefront 1 for me too. I don't mind somebody being great at a game through their own merit, but when they're practically invincible because of the amount of money they spend on loot boxes I'm done. It's cheating, pure and simple, and companies like EA allow them to get away with it just because of their greed.

The glory days of EA for me were back when they were making games for the Mega Drive, like the Strike trilogy and Road Rash trilogy, but that was a looooong time ago! In fact the only EA game that I buy now once a year is FIFA, and no, I don't pump money into that fucking stupid Ultimate Team mode, I just play on the career mode.

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

I can name a few times EA was good. The times they actually released games worth playing and coming back to many years later (which I do). The last nine years is not that time, it's a downward spiral. There's nothing to love EA for. They have destroyed everything they had and shat on every single solitary shred of good will they managed to earn over the previous years. EA's Battlefront games are an affront to the real Battlefront titles made by Pandemic in mid-2000s. Pandemic. The developer EA bought and then killed off. But then, Pandemic was only a throw-in purchase, they came along with BioWare. Hey, gang, remember when BioWare made RPG classics? Well, all we can do is remember 'cuz they aren't making any classics any time soon. Dragon Age? A bad joke. Mass Effect? A punchline.
    Battlefield? Everything that is wrong with modern gaming? FIFA? That piece of unadulterated heartless drivel doesn't even qualify as a video game.
    I used to love Need for Speed and I still have Underground 1-2 and Most Wanted installed. Not the case with the latest games which had to tout such things as being able to pause the freaking game as a feature in pre-release marketing guff.
    Hell, it's hard to even hate EA these days. I mean, they already ruined everything they could, what else are they gonna do?
    Formerly known as -RT

Quote Originally Posted by Allard View Post
    I can name a few times EA was good..
    I used to love Need for Speed and I still have Underground 1-2 and Most Wanted installed. Not the case with the latest games which had to tout such things as being able to pause the freaking game as a feature in pre-release marketing guff.
    Hell, it's hard to even hate EA these days. I mean, they already ruined everything they could, what else are they gonna do?
    That is one area I completely agree on. I really enjoyed Need For Speed and after Need for Speed Rivals (which was was ace) was so looking forward to the sequel, but each new NFS game has been total crap and terrible and I can't work out who after Rivals GHOST games get it so wrong. I don't agree with you on Fifa or Bioware mind they've made brilliant games and I don't agree with the hate that Mass Effect Andromeda or Anthem gets

And tbh plenty of studios have bought and destroyed some of my fav gaming corps, its hard just to single out EA (though they've shut down so many) Growing up I loved Bizarre Creations and Psygnosis only for Activision and SONY to destroy them, loved CORE design only for Edios to destroy them, Microsoft destroying Fasta Studios and what GunHo had done to my beloved GameArts is terrible.

I know it looks like I'm trying to defend EA here, but I'm really not. Long Hours, studio closers and unhappy staff have been part and parcel of the video game industry, since I started gaming in 83; Jack Tramiel and Hiroshi Yamauchi treatment of staff and penny pitching were the stuff of legend and I'm sure we've all read the stories of the numbers of hours Dave had to work on Aladdin, or the hours AM#2 had to work on Shenmue, we had a video on here on working for Sega America where the testers said they were paid rubbish money and were expected to work up to 90 hours a week to meet schedule.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information