Quantcast

Thread: Reader Roundtable Vol. 143

Shakespeare Reader Roundtable Vol. 143

With vacations in full swing and most people doing all kinds of summer-related stuff, August is usually a slow month around here. Still, there are those of us who play Sega games all the time, and we managed to find a solid group of titles to share this month! Read on and see what we've been playing!

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Regarding the Mystic Defender segment:

The fanchise returned on the Saturn, but another Genesis game would have been aces.
    There's a typo on "franchise", but more importantly, there was a sequel on the Saturn? I can't find anything about it. I'm assuming it wasn't a cool side-scrolling action game or I would've known about it by now.

Since the Link Attack for Christmas Nights was mentioned, I love how the first course of every level in the original game can be linked infinitely like that. It's a pain in the ass for Spring Valley, though; you have to run the course backwards, and if you finish the course by entering Nights' Palace from the right instead of the left, the items in the second course of the level won't respawn for your second lap (it took me way too long to figure out why that was happening).

Psychic Killer Taroumaru is considered a spiritual sequel, and it goes for like, $500. It's been that way for years.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Oh, yeah, I know that game. I had no idea there was supposed to be a link between that and Mystic Defender, but I can kind of see it now.

Thread Information