Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fx Unit Yuki is being ported to the Genesis and the Devs are taking your questions

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Ugh, thanks for letting me know. They never said that when I ordered the game afaik. I'm really wondering why you'd make a game only compatible with model 1 to begin with :/.
    I'm guessing they felt like they were potentially crossing a line by using the TMSS code without being officially licensed, but yeah, that's completely ridiculous. I've never heard of another post-market MD release doing this. This whole thing has been kinda sad.

By today's standards, the TMSS thing is completely obsolete. No company or court would take up a case about having 4 letters at a certain place in a code these days. And Sega doesn't care at all as long as you don't use their trademarks, which I guess are logos in this case.

Either way, it's not the only problem. I unplugged my 32X and Mega-CD and played the game. It works, but the music keeps freezing and the whole game crashed after I beat the first stage. I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg, so I don't think I'm gonna try again until they make a new, bug free version (WHICH WORKS ON ALL SYSTEMS, INCLUDING 32X AND MEGA-CD!!!).

This is really disappointing, since the game is full of charm. I really like the novel idea of making a web comic and having it continue its plot in an actual video game. The cutscenes could really be touched up from noise and all graphics have some palette editing, but those are in this case minor issues as they look quite good design-wise. The FM conversions of the music sound great.

Oh well, at least there is Tänzer to play, which is great and has no technical issues.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

I thought about contacting the original authors to see if pre-orders for another run of the PCE version will ever happen. Seems to me that would be the way to go on this game. After all, it is a storyline that seems to focus on the battle between the PCE and the Megadrive. So it seems odd to play from the PCE perspective on a Gen/MD console LOL!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I thought about contacting the original authors to see if pre-orders for another run of the PCE version will ever happen. Seems to me that would be the way to go on this game. After all, it is a storyline that seems to focus on the battle between the PCE and the Megadrive. So it seems odd to play from the PCE perspective on a Gen/MD console LOL!
    They've been open for a while and I think they'll ship soon.

http://www.fxunityuki.com/2019/01/08...nd-run-copies/
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

A lot (most?) of model 1 have the TMSS firmware tho… Does the game really work on all non-TMSS consoles or is the problem something else? Though the only other big problem I can think that mainly affects model 2 but not model 1 is the Hellfire issue (where integrated YM2612 returns the status in a slightly different way and if the sound driver doesn't play by the book here it's bound to hang up).

By today's standards, the TMSS thing is completely obsolete. No company or court would take up a case about having 4 letters at a certain place in a code these days. And Sega doesn't care at all as long as you don't use their trademarks, which I guess are logos in this case.
    Let's not forget Sega v. Accolade back in the day either… That effectively rendered TMSS obsolete.

EDIT:
    Oh well, at least there is Tänzer to play, which is great and has no technical issues.
    Its attract mode is known to be crash-prone :​v (not when actually playing luckily) But yeah, not anywhere remotely close to the clusterfuck you just described.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Let's not forget Sega v. Accolade back in the day either… That effectively rendered TMSS obsolete.
    +1!

EDIT:Its attract mode is known to be crash-prone :​v (not when actually playing luckily) But yeah, not anywhere remotely close to the clusterfuck you just described.
    I didn't know that, thanks for sharing! And I've had the attract mode run a few times without crashes, so I guess I've been lucky. I can live with it as long as playing the game works fine.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

It needs to be running for quite a while to crash (over 5 minutes at least, likely more), so yeah, I guess no surprise you never ran into it :​P

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker mix256's Avatar

A lot (most?) of model 1 have the TMSS firmware tho… Does the game really work on all non-TMSS consoles or is the problem something else? Though the only other big problem I can think that mainly affects model 2 but not model 1 is the Hellfire issue (where integrated YM2612 returns the status in a slightly different way and if the sound driver doesn't play by the book here it's bound to hang up).

EDIT:Its attract mode is known to be crash-prone :​v (not when actually playing luckily) But yeah, not anywhere remotely close to the clusterfuck you just described.
    How many do you know of, Sik?

I'm not sure when TMSS was introduced, but it seems it was late 1992?
    https://segaretro.org/TradeMark_Security_System

It was early enough that Game Toshokan was still up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqERoy00SQM

It will look great next to my pc-fx one..

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamer888 View Post
    It will look great next to my pc-fx one..
    Any talk about a PC-FX version was just a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information