Quantcast

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't get SEGA fans petty grudge frm 20+ years ago.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

In the UK there was no war, The Master System and Mega Drive dominated the gaming sense. I like the Snes over the MD myself, but other than that. SEGA were the better corp for gaming and pushing new tech and living on the EDGE. I guess one should hate Nintendo for helping to creating the PlayStation and bring SONY into the industry and I should be more thankful to SEGA for bringing MS into the console industry. In so many ways the PS style was based around the Snes the pads are the same and it also where Square would donimate and the OG Xbox always felt like a Dreamcast II for having On-Line at its focus and no Square lol...

The only grude I really have at Nintendo is they and their games are vastly overrated, their fans are the biggest fanboys in the world and SEGA Japan would have done so much more with Nintendo profits for gaming.. like giving us the Shenmue Yu Suzuki wanted too and where SEGA with its 11 In-House studios (Visual Concepts, SEGA Rossos, Hitmaker, AM#2,Wow, Overworks, Amusement Vision,Wave Master,Smilebit,UGA,Sonic Team was just full of insane talent.. and with games like REZ, PSO and Shenmue SEGA was really taking console gaming to new levels... Its a shame the Dream never worked out, but one can't blame Nintend or SONY for that, but like with NEC and SNK SEGA only have to look and blame their self's
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    In the UK there was no war, The Master System and Mega Drive dominated the gaming sense. I like the Snes over the MD myself, but other than that. SEGA were the better corp for gaming and pushing new tech and living on the EDGE. I guess one should hate Nintendo for helping to creating the PlayStation and bring SONY into the industry and I should be more thankful to SEGA for bringing MS into the console industry. In so many ways the PS style was based around the Snes the pads are the same and it also where Square would donimate and the OG Xbox always felt like a Dreamcast II for having On-Line at its focus and no Square lol...

The only grude I really have at Nintendo is they and their games are vastly overrated, their fans are the biggest fanboys in the world and SEGA Japan would have done so much more with Nintendo profits for gaming.. like giving us the Shenmue Yu Suzuki wanted too and where SEGA with its 11 In-House studios (Visual Concepts, SEGA Rossos, Hitmaker, AM#2,Wow, Overworks, Amusement Vision,Wave Master,Smilebit,UGA,Sonic Team was just full of insane talent.. and with games like REZ, PSO and Shenmue SEGA was really taking console gaming to new levels... Its a shame the Dream never worked out, but one can't blame Nintend or SONY for that, but like with NEC and SNK SEGA only have to look and blame their self's
    I'm from the UK too and there definitely was rivalry between Nintendo and Sega fans. The NES did nothing over here so it wasn't until the SNES was released that the rivalry began. The UK was a Sega stronghold though, and we always heavily outnumbered the Ninty boys. Absolutely nobody got hurt though, it was all good natured banter. It was a war without casualties, and I was even happy to find somebody with a SNES because all my friends had Mega Drives, so it was refreshing and interesting to see different games on a different system.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    you now what screw it. forget this topic.

Asked a mod to lock/delete the topic. Don't bother replying to anyone. Would just stir up bickering and not what this forum needs more of.
    fanboys are terrible and the worst fanboys are nintendo fanboys simply because they know only nintendo. I'm a sega fanboy but I own and play every system known to man, go check my gameroom in it's topic so I feel entitled to my sega fanboyism because I speak out of a broad experience with all systems.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The Genesis paved the way for the PlayStation. Sony should be thankful for that.
    actually sega cd did when you think about it.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Yeah, the Sega CD did, but when it came to creating a console for an older audience, Sega of America paved the way with the Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by ITViking View Post
    I had both, Sega Genesis first, then an SNES. SNES was pretty boring by comparison, IMO.

Sega Genesis model 1 had undeniable class, and the Genesis edged out the SNES in so many technical aspects. Besides that, I don't like following the crowd. Who cares if most people preferred the SNES? Most people are stupid.

Having said that, I didn't get the idea of the 'console war' being meaningful to individuals. Just get both and enjoy them both.
    I had all 3. I had no bias based of fanboyism.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

SNES has an ugly screen resolution

It worked for the NES but for 16 bit games that resolution is just plain SMALL

Segata, What the hell is wrong with you? This is a good thread.
    05/05/15

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

I know both made odd business decisions in the 90s and the CEO of Nintendo back then was a piece of shit but the current heads are pretty level people. Still some decisions that they just don't get it like Switch's online but as a whole, they been humbled since the SNES days. I mean Sony does dumb shit as well like no crossplay and unable to change our name. Other than that both have done more good than bad this gen yet some still love to dance when something goes wrong. It's now Sony who has sat on top since 1995. Longer and much more successful than Nintendo ever was. SEGA's own stubbornness killed them. Thing is I just don't see why anyone should care that much about that shit in 2018. It's not 1994. No need to hang onto some anti-Nintendo state of mind. SEGA and Nintendo work together a lot. I never said I want one game console and no one else. Just that there is zero reason to do this fanboy fuck company X/Y anymore. Like this gen Xbox has done little to nothing to get my attention. I don't hate Xbox. I liked 360 and OG Xbox a lot. Just Xbox as a brand is in a slump this generation. Curse of the 3rd console lives. If one brand doesn't do a whole lot for you then that's fine but I see so much vitriol from people on this board who seem so vindictive about a company currently based on shit from the 90s. It's fucking stupid. I just love gaming and like to play on any console if they have something I want. Typically they do. Xbox One just sadly happens to be the first console where nothing really compels me. The one game that I would have bought the system for, was canceled. Kinda been MS's issue this gen. I'm sure they will work to fix some things next-gen and look forward to it.

Lastly, if I based my enjoyment of one companies consoles on a minority od loud obnoxious fans, I would not own every major Sony system or even some Nintendo systems. If there is one thing I do partially agree with. Some Nintendo die-hard fans, do not play anything other than Nintendo systems. you would think in the age where almost everyone owns at least 2 of the 3 branded systems that would be a dead thing now. Sony fans in my experience are the most vindictive sycophants. Not had many Xbox fanboys be really obnoxious too much other than TA online.
    Last edited by SegataS; 09-14-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Master of Shinobi NeoZeedeater's Avatar

Fanboys of all kinds are immature at best and historical revisionists at worst.

The Genesis paved the way for the PlayStation. Sony should be thankful for that.
    That and the Playstation also felt a successor to the Amiga/ST scene in some ways with the Psygnosis purchase and other European development. And much of the open world design that's popular today was pioneered on 8-bit and 16-bit computers yet people act like everything current is just an evolution of Japanese/Nintendo games.

The entire modern industry was built on many things that are now dismissed or forgotten. Atari's contributions to video games were enormous but because of the way they fell from grace and the amount of time that has gone by, their importance has been heavily downplayed. Sega leaving the hardware business has resulted in a whole generation with no knowledge of their consoles or classic arcade games. It's really annoying and sad to see top 100 lists now with no games from Sega systems. It was bad enough when it was mostly just the Master System being ignored, now it's Sega's whole history.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert ITViking's Avatar

Sega of America wanted to team up with Sony. Too bad Sega Japan said 'no'. Sega and Sony could have done some amazing things together.

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

See that's the thing. People think Nintendo screwing Sony was the biggest mistake, It wasn't. Going cartridge was and SEGA made the bigger mistake. It cost them their entire console business.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    SNES has an ugly screen resolution

It worked for the NES but for 16 bit games that resolution is just plain SMALL
    Nope!

Everything is clean on the screen, even with composite. Composite video on the Genesis is garbage.

Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I'm from the UK too and there definitely was rivalry between Nintendo and Sega fans. The NES did nothing over here so it wasn't until the SNES was released that the rivalry began. The UK was a Sega stronghold though, and we always heavily outnumbered the Ninty boys. Absolutely nobody got hurt though, it was all good natured banter. It was a war without casualties, and I was even happy to find somebody with a SNES because all my friends had Mega Drives, so it was refreshing and interesting to see different games on a different system.
    The Snes was nothing in the UK, the MD dominated. I was lucky enough to have 2 systems but almost everyone in school and all my mates had a MD and like 1 or 2 had a SNES. The number of SEGA magazines in the UK was insane too with like 7 dedicated SEGA mags, compared to Nintendo's 1 or 2. Such a shame SEGA Europe screwed all that up with the 32X.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    actually sega cd did when you think about it.
    Tbh it would be NEC. A huge electronic corp making a move in the video games industry with a stunning piece of well designed thought out and compact hardware, that was powerful for its time and ahead of the rivals, very much like SONY and of course in 1988 NEC brought up the PC CD-ROM2. To be historically correct, it was the GameBoy that made SONY take note of the Video games industry.
    SONY boss saw it as a possible threat to their Walkman And like Kutaragi-san said after he saw he daughter playing the Famicom, he knew that SONY be in the video games industry and that SONY should work for Nintendo.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    fanboys are terrible and the worst fanboys are nintendo fanboys simply because they know only nintendo. I'm a sega fanboy but I own and play every system known to man, go check my gameroom in it's topic so I feel entitled to my sega fanboyism because I speak out of a broad experience with all systems.
    Boy you said it. Nintendo fans are the worst of the lot. Having a go at Nintendo is like attacking a family member in the eyes of Nintendo fanboys.
    You can see them now defending Nintendo move to overcharge for Online, not keeping saves (if you cancel your sub) and the fact that it checks each week in order for you to play NES games. Nintendo fans would slate others for doing that.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information