Quantcast

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Japanese Mega Drive Mini Collector's Edition comes with 22 tiny cartridges.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...iny_cartridges
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

The more that gets revealed, the closer it gets to release, the more unbelieveable these stories of new features/bonuses become. It's the kind of stuff that people would fake as an April Fools joke.

It's so uncharacteristically classic-Sega of current-Sega to do even half of this and sets such a high bar that I don't think that any other "mini" console release will ever come close to matching this level of quality and fan service.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I hope it sells better than the Nintendo ones. Likely won't but I hope it does.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    The more that gets revealed, the closer it gets to release, the more unbelieveable these stories of new features/bonuses become. It's the kind of stuff that people would fake as an April Fools joke.

It's so uncharacteristically classic-Sega of current-Sega to do even half of this and sets such a high bar that I don't think that any other "mini" console release will ever come close to matching this level of quality and fan service.
    There's still time for the emulation to be terrible.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    There's still time for the emulation to be terrible.
    With M2?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

You never know until there's a hands on.

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Maybe if they announced Virtua Racing 32x, Virtua Fighter 32x, FFCD, EC CD and Soul Star as a late surprise I'll buy it. Until then Mega SD took my $ this year now.
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Exactly. Until I know exactly what I'm going to get, they won't see my cash. If it's good, there will be nothing to worry about.
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

This M2 so there was no worries and for a number of the games M2 already handled the coding duties via various classic collections, So I wouldn't worry too much . SEGA are showing SONY, SNK and even Nintendo how the mini console should be done. I'm quite amazing, some of the old SEGA is alive and well. Hopefully bods well for future Mega CD, Saturn and DC mini's
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Maybe if they announced Virtua Racing 32x, Virtua Fighter 32x, Knuckles Chaotic, Afterburner, FF CD, Sonic CD, EC CD and Soul Star as a late surprise I'll buy it. Until then Mega SD took my $ this year now.
    Learn from the TurboDuo mini =) I hope someone from Sega is reading this. People might forget about it from now until Sept without some news?

Well, the problem is that 1) PCE CD was significantly more popular than the base PCE alone so it's worth the effort to emulate it and 2) PCE CD is a lot simpler than Mega CD or 32X (as aside from the CD drive the former it only adds RAM and ADPCM as far as I can tell, while the latter two add a shitload more of stuff, including entire CPUs).

Given the state of MCD emulation, hard to blame Sega for not attempting it yet. Though M2 said they'd consider it if it gets popular enough (and huuuuh, the Mini for the base system sure as heck got popular already… who knows about the demand for CD though).

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Well, the problem is that 1) PCE CD was significantly more popular than the base PCE alone so it's worth the effort to emulate it and 2) PCE CD is a lot simpler than Mega CD or 32X (as aside from the CD drive the former it only adds RAM and ADPCM as far as I can tell, while the latter two add a shitload more of stuff, including entire CPUs).

Given the state of MCD emulation, hard to blame Sega for not attempting it yet. Though M2 said they'd consider it if it gets popular enough (and huuuuh, the Mini for the base system sure as heck got popular already… who knows about the demand for CD though).
    I hear you but the Sega CD was the highest selling add on ever before Kinect. It was apart of Genesis existence Like TG/PC CD and I feel it will sell hotter with 3 or 4 32x games and 3 or 4 added Sega CD games even if they are emulated by Snakes Kega 4.0 program or M2. TurboDuo mini actually upped the ante with Rondo CD and other CD games. There is still time to act. A big announcement like that in 2 months at end of August will have buyers drooling even more for Genesis Mini just before Septemember release IMO. Honestly right now, if I had to pick what mini to buy - it would be the japan turboduo mini just to play Bonk card or Rondo CD and many other games.
    Last edited by Vector; 07-03-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Genesis

So the reviews have been coming out recently for the mini and it's been overall good things about it.

Also, can't believe they remade this commercial, crazy awesome.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

do the final genesis minis have their lag fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I hear you but the Sega CD was the highest selling add on ever before Kinect.
    To be honest, I would imagine the Eye Toy on the PS2 sold way better than the Mega CD and was imo much better than Kinect as well
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Thread Information