Quantcast

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: Sega Genesis/Megadrive Mini (Official Thread)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Like I said. N64 mini isn't happening. Nintendo has no desire to make one. https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63854...ini/index.html

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Like I said. N64 mini isn't happening. Nintendo has no desire to make one. https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63854...ini/index.html
    I don't buy it. The thing would print money. Eventually when the emulation in-house gets good they will market one. And it will sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I don't think it will. They will put those N64 games next year on NSO then raise the price and try to get people that way. If they wanted an N64 mini we would have had one this year or last year. It's been 2 years since the last one and last year they did a mini relaunch of both. Nothings since other than put SNES games on NSO with those new SNES controllers.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Master of Shinobi

N64 gamers are not old enough to buy a mini system that costs as much as the original system, whilst only emulating parts of it.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Road Rasher

Was it mentioned that Puyo Puyo 2 on the MD mini differs slightly from the original? Under the option menu it has three options for voice instead of two. Option A seems to have high quality voice without interrupting the music, option B is the same as before (high quality voices that interrupt music), and option C seems to be lower quality voices that don't interrupt music. The original MD cart only has two options for voice, with option A, AFAIK, being the same as option C in the MD mini.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC View Post
    Was it mentioned that Puyo Puyo 2 on the MD mini differs slightly from the original? Under the option menu it has three options for voice instead of two. Option A seems to have high quality voice without interrupting the music, option B is the same as before (high quality voices that interrupt music), and option C seems to be lower quality voices that don't interrupt music. The original MD cart only has two options for voice, with option A, AFAIK, being the same as option C in the MD mini.
    Really? So let's track other differences shall we? Or is TCRF doing it?

As for Tetris 2019 (Mini version), there are actually regional differences! US (and I guess EU) versions don't have the attract mode present in the Japanese version, with the monkey explaining in japanese how to play Tetris, complete with joystick and button animations and all.
    Last edited by chilled; 11-10-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Cool, hadn't checked the TCRF article for the Mini recently:

ROMs for games exist on each of the regional versions of the system, but are inaccessible. These are:

Japan
    Aladdin
    Gauntlet IV (M2's very first game)
    Marble Madness (most likely the Tengen version as it's marked as a Japanese ROM)
    Puyo Puyo
    Shining Force II
    Sonic the Hedgehog

US
    Mortal Kombat II
    Sword of Vermilion

Europe/Australia
    Aladdin
    Mortal Kombat II
    Sword of Vermilion

So, I guess they were planning (or hoping) to add Aladdin after all...?

Source: https://tcrf.net/Sega_Genesis_Mini

Master of Shinobi

Wait, why is Phantasy Star IV (Mini) 32 MEGA POWER when the original cartridge was 24 ???

Is someone comparing the Mini roms with the original ones? Maybe M2 did actually do some touch-ups on some games? Doesn´t look like it, but why are there those rom size differences, then?

Thread Information