Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nadia: Secret of Blue Water translation not working on the Everdrive X5

Am I the only one who thinks that translation patches that translate based on region is a bad idea? Precisely because of issues like this, besides there's the situation where somebody could have a Japanese console but still want to play in English. If you want to play the untranslated game then you can just play the original ROM.

I think MIJET started this but it feels too error prone (and is more effort) :​/

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that translation patches that translate based on region is a bad idea? Precisely because of issues like this, besides there's the situation where somebody could have a Japanese console but still want to play in English. If you want to play the untranslated game then you can just play the original ROM.

I think MIJET started this but it feels too error prone (and is more effort) :​/
    I don't know about this patch, but MIJET's patches allow you to select script by holding down certain buttons when you boot the game.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

urusei yatsura Master of Shinobi lumclaw's Avatar

In a comparable situation, that one Wily Wars SRAM patch switches the region lockout to USA. Rather than being region free.

To be fair, I'm quite an ignorant on all these patching and translation issues But I'm willing to learn and this seems like a good thread to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by lumclaw View Post
    In a comparable situation, that one Wily Wars SRAM patch switches the region lockout to USA. Rather than being region free.
    Taking a wild guess: it changes the ROM header? Because I noticed that a lot of games with region lockout go by the region field in the header instead of actually hardcoding the region (which makes patching them out absurdly easy as you don't even need to hack the code and the ROM header format is well known).

Thread Information