Quantcast

Thread: Reader Roundtable Vol. 144

Shakespeare Reader Roundtable Vol. 144

As summer comes to a close and the leaves change color, some things stay the same. No matter what the season, there will always be plenty of Sega goodness to enjoy, and we've put together a selection of games we've been enjoying this month that is sure to get you playing! Read the full article for more details.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

I just found out that apparently a new world record of SMB was just created 3 DAYS AGO. This video is insane. He is constantly exploiting glitches (like specific spots to glitch through walls etc.) and this is so far removed from natural play. People are studying other speed-runners, TAS runs, and glitches, for years now, to the point that people are playing like artificial intelligence now.

Insanity:

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

So this is the last one of these, eh?

Yeah, participation has been non-existent the last couple of months. It's not worth it to keep the series going.

Wildside Expert

Well, I did send in a submission, but yeah, I guess you'd need at least 4 or 5 of those...

Ah sad to hear, I really hoped the Roundtables would continue.

I think contributors were probably usually waiting for Melf to post each month, that he wanted contributions. (So without those calls for contributions, people probably are not sending them in, without that...)

Also, if this is the last one, it has four entries... so it's small but it's still a good quick read. I wonder how many entries would be considered worthwhile to keep it going?

Entries were few and far between even when I posted. October was the first month that I didn't actively request submissions. Usually, three submissions, along with my own entry, were enough for an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Entries were few and far between even when I posted. October was the first month that I didn't actively request submissions. Usually, three submissions, along with my own entry, were enough for an article.
    Right on, I agree that four entries still made a nice, short Roundtable.

I guess all I can say is that, if there were requests made, I think we'd still be able to get around the same, four entries total...

But if there's no request, then people might not know that you want submissions at all. (So without requests, I wouldn't want THAT to be the reason to stop the feature, because if there are requests, they'd probably still bring in submissions.)

Know what I mean? (Also: are you hoping for submissions without requests? Or is it just time to consider it done?)

Wildside Expert

Maybe it'd still work as a bi-monthly feature instead of monthly? If Melf doesn't want to, then that's his prerogative, but it'd nice if it kept going in some form.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

I was going to submit one last month for Alisia Dragoon, but then I saw that there wasn't a thread for it. I might have one for this month too if the bi-monthly thing happens. Or maybe people can submit whenever they feel like it and Melf can create an article whenever he feels like it. -shrug- It could still be a cool thing even if articles pop up randomly.

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I'd love to do something like this. I'd hate to see the series end. I actually didn't know what the submission process was, and didn't really look into it. You don't realize how much you'll miss something till it's gone.

Thread Information