HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    Thunder Force V
    Digital Pinball Necronomicon

Both with the volume maxed out.
    Hyper Duel > TFV

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Back from the era:

VF2, Panzer Dragoon Ein und Zwei, Virtual-On, Soviet Strike, Virtua Cop 1 and 2, Daytona, Tomb Raider, Sega Rally. Also Virtua Fighter, my brother's and my mind were blown by that game! We had a blast with Theme Park and Nights too.

All the classics really.

Since my love for old games was rekindled...

Panzer Dragoon Saga, Battle Garegga, Soukyuu Gurentai and Street Fighter Zero 3. That last one is a blast to play. PD Saga was absolutely captivating.

counter of beans Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Cafeman's Avatar

SEGA Rally Championship 1995 is my favorite. The driving itself is a pleasure to experience. Love the sounds and music. I even love the menus and initials entry screens.

All the Capcom fighters, but mostly SF Alpha 2 and Marvel Super Heroes Vs SF. I also enjoy the unique Infinity Gems gameplay in Marvel Super Heroes, but too bad the game is on the slow side with a bit too much loading. The Saturn smaller game pad is the perfect controller for these games.

I love Panzer Dragoon for similar reasons mentioned above. PD Zwei has better visuals and gameplay, but the original game is more cinematic and dramatic , and has more memorable music, to me. Love them both.

In the sports category, I love World Series Baseball II , and WSB 98 too. I prefer the more 2D and arcade style of WSBII more, but the games are different enough that it's fun alternating. I actually loathe real baseball, never could sit through an entire game, but I like these unique and distinct Saturn games. You can play the homerun derby a few times with different players, all in about 15 minutes and even that is just fun stuff to me.

I love Saturn Bomberman, both single and multi player modes. Love the 2D artwork and animation.

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

I love Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Hyper Duel > TFV
    Good joke man.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    Good joke man.
    TFV doesnt stand a chance

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One MushaAleste's Avatar

Sounds like fun, lets try... here are my personal fav 10 SEGA Saturn games. In no particular order.

Dragon Force 1 - This game is just friggin awesome. There is nothing like it on any other system. Played the crap out of this back in the day.
    Magic Knight Rayearth - Awesome story, killer music and lovable characters. The sprite-work and animations are beyond cool.
    X-Men COTA - First ever Saturn game for me. Back then i couldn't get enough of it. Magneto is a bitch in this one. This was the last game Akira Nishitani worked on before leaving Capcom.
    Biohazard - I totally like how clean the character models are. And playing this is still a blast even today, due to the polished, timeless gameplay. I prefer this to the PSX version.
    Kyuutenkai - Colourful pinball game i wish i would have discovered sooner!
    Street Fighter Zero - Played the crap out of this back in the day. To me this is one of the finest moments in 90's gaming ever. And the first time a Street Fighter game made it home completely intact. Blue Shadows and all :p
    Sonic Wings Special - My fav Saturn shooter. Simple but enormously satisfying to play.
    Tenchi wo Kurau II - My fav Capcom beat em up ever. I was so happy when they first announced it would be coming to the Saturn.
    DoDonPachi - It's not perfect and quite different from the arcade here and there. But i totally dig it. Plus the Saturn mode is really nice.
    Capcom Generation 5 - Finally brought SFII home fully intact. This one even has the cps1 chain combos.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MushaAleste View Post
    Sounds like fun, lets try... here are my personal fav 10 SEGA Saturn games. In no particular order.

Dragon Force 1 - This game is just friggin awesome. There is nothing like it on any other system. Played the crap out of this back in the day.
    Magic Knight Rayearth - Awesome story, killer music and lovable characters. The sprite-work and animations are beyond cool.
    X-Men COTA - First ever Saturn game for me. Back then i couldn't get enough of it. Magneto is a bitch in this one. This was the last game Akira Nishitani worked on before leaving Capcom.
    Biohazard - I totally like how clean the character models are. And playing this is still a blast even today, due to the polished, timeless gameplay. I prefer this to the PSX version.
    Kyuutenkai - Colourful pinball game i wish i would have discovered sooner!
    Street Fighter Zero - Played the crap out of this back in the day. To me this is one of the finest moments in 90's gaming ever. And the first time a Street Fighter game made it home completely intact. Blue Shadows and all
    Sonic Wings Special - My fav Saturn shooter. Simple but enormously satisfying to play.
    Tenchi wo Kurau II - My fav Capcom beat em up ever. I was so happy when they first announced it would be coming to the Saturn.
    DoDonPachi - It's not perfect and quite different from the arcade here and there. But i totally dig it. Plus the Saturn mode is really nice.
    Capcom Generation 5 - Finally brought SFII home fully intact. This one even has the cps1 chain combos.
    Amazing post and spot on too. #respect
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

I think metal black is an underrated saturn game

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

In no particular order, except for my 1st pick:

Sega Rally 95: It's probably my most played racing game of all-time. It's car physics perfection.

Last Gladiators Digital Pinball: Kaze nailed it with this pinball game.

Galactic Attack (Layer Section): The music and combat are so well put together. It's probably my favorite Shmup of all-time. I was really disappointed with the all polygonal Layer Section 2 on the PlayStation.

Street Fighter Alpha 2: Beautiful large character sprites and backgrounds, and a really cool sounding music score.

Soviet Strike: Big, colorful explosions and missions that are much harder than Desert Strike on the Genesis.

Tempest 2000: The best version of this game, with beautiful Redbook audio. The Jag version looks so dull and slow in comparison.

Shining The Holy Ark: It's easily in my top 3 RPGs of that generation.

Wing Arms: The Japanese version is way too hard. I much prefer the North American version, though the voice acting just blows. The Japanese version has a sense of humor though; you can hear the captain of a sinking ship's voice gargle as he's saying his final words.

Gungriffon: This an outstanding mech game. It's too bad that the rest of the games in the franchise suck!

Panzer Dragoon Zwei: I have a soft spot for the 1st game, but this one just improved everything over the 1st game.

Marvel Super Heroes: It has some slowdown issues, but who doesn't love fighting games in the Marvel Universe? (I could probably put Marvel vs Capcom here as well)

Magic Knight RayEarth: Beautiful, colorful sprites and an overall pretty cool action RPG.

Dark Savior: A really excellent isometric 3D (adventure?) RPG.

Iron Storm: The best turn based WWII strategy game I've ever played. I had to turn off the weather effects though, because it became really frustrating not being able to use my planes during a cloudy day.

There are so many more I could mention, but you have to stop somewhere.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    I think metal black is an underrated saturn game
    Yep, very much like Batsugun, which is one of the best shooters going
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Fighters Megamix is my favorite game on the Saturn.

I wanted it so bad as a kid, used to go to Toys 'R Us to just watch the preview/demo on the kiosk monitors...
    Makes me feel partly weird and giddy knowing now as an adult I actually own a copy.

VF2 is the best, but Megamix definitely my favorite...
    Last edited by Lync; 10-25-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Rebel scum Hero of Algol MrMatthews's Avatar

I recently dusted off my own Saturn and discovered that i liked it more than the PlayStation. I need more games for it, so Iím making notes here.

Gamevet, I already have your number one. Gonna have to give it a try now that I replaced the system battery.

Edit: nope. I have Sega Touring Car Championship. Damn.

The Future is yesterday. Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

I know it's a SEGA forum and all so it won't sound so shocking here (and be the first place people are not shocked) I much prefer Saturn over PS1 and N64. I won't claim Saturn is better as objectively that's just not true esp of the PS1. Can debate about N64. It's just when you delve in the Japanese library of SS it has many great games that never made it to PS1. Saturn much like TG16 had an insanely great library in Japan and it's no surprise why it did well there. It's just a shame it gets seen as this terribly failed console. The only thing that is truly garbage about the Saturn is the fact it's so hard to emulate so we may never see SEGA re-release it's best games. I know they said they wanted to with the SEGA Ages on Switch but it seems they already skipped ahead to NAOMI emulation for Dreamcast ports. Doesn't even look like they are going to bother with Saturn games.

Side note anyone who prefers the US Burning Rangers song is listening to the wrong version. Takenobu Mitsuyoshi <3

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    It's just when you delve in the Japanese library of SS it has many great games that never made it to PS1.
    I can only imagine your amazement if you ever take a look at the Japanese PSX library...

It has thousands of extremely high quality games that never made it to SS. Most significantly, all the genres that were never popular with publishers in USA and Europe have hundreds of amazing entries each...

Of course any console is better than the N64, but if you're going to include the Japanese libraries, the PSX is still miles better than the Saturn.

Thread Information