Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fave Saturn games?

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishJuice View Post
    any console is better than the N64
    I often feel like, even around here, few people have more disdain for the N64 than I do, but I think I would still get more enjoyment out of it than, say, the Atari Jaguar, the 3DO, or the Game.com.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

It's a decent system with some great games and not all are Nintendo or Rare. Mischief Makers is one of my faves on the system. Sin & Punishment is another and I do like the N64 version of Mega Man Legends because of analog. Honestly, Gamecube was more lame to me.

I don't even consider systems like Game.com,3D0, CDi, Jaguar and such even legitimate contenders. I will give Game.com credit for being the first touchscreen handheld 5-6 years before the Zodiac Tapwave which in itself was about a year before DS.
    Last edited by SegataS; 11-03-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

My go to games on the Saturn are my Japanese Capcom fighters and Magic Carpet. Yeah, an odd one I know, but that game works so well with the Model 2 Saturn pad and I really like the atmosphere.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Eazy's Avatar

I only play Japanese saturn.

1. Xmen vs Street fighter
    The initial reason I bought a sega saturn in the first place. I grew up on this game in the arcades. When I heard there was an arcade perfect port you bet your ass I wanted it.

2. Hyper duel
    The most expensive game I have on the system and well worth it. Beautiful game and not all that hard but transforming into a mech is just too attractive. I have just about every shooter that does this. I like that so much no idea why. This game tells a story by showing you rather than telling you and Its great.

3. Megaman X4
    Its Megaman X4

4. Tetris plus
    I love Tetris. I like the different take on tetris this game has and the multiplayer is so fun. I can get addicted to this very easily and always pop it in now and then. Unless I'm playing tetris 99 on my kids switch but I digress..

5. Battle garegga
    Radiant silvergun SHOULD have been here but honestly I have more fun with battle gareggas traditional gameplay and it just looks great. I just started playing this the past year actually and had no idea what I was missing out on.

6. Saturn Bomberman
    Like the single player mode alot and is fun with co op aswell. And the battle mode is perfect. Some say the best bomberman game of all and I think so too.

7. Vampire savior
    Pretty sure this is arcade perfect too. Best Darkstalkers game and plays like a dream and honestly might have the best animations on the freaking system. Gorgeous game if you look closely at it. Perfect game to play for October.

8. Image Fight & X multiply
    Hidden G... you know I hate saying that phrase. 2 games in one. One vertical and one horizontal both excellent and original, especially X multiply. That ship is just different than any other shooter and that's what attracts me. Image fight is hard nails but fun.

9. Capcom Generation 2
    Ghosts and Goblins, Ghouls and Ghosts and Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Pretty obvious. After playing genesis ghouls and ghosts I find the arcade version piss easy. Ghosts and Goblins made me pull my f***ing hair out but was fun until that last stage with the ladders, and the trolls, and the dragons.. and the firebrands... and the 2 devils on top.. f*** them... anyway it's also the only way I can play Super ghouls and ghosts which is I game I never got to enjoy before thanks to being stuck on the SNES which I loath.

10. Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
    Best fatal fury game available on the system. Im a Big fan of this series and saves me trying to get the neo geo version as its arcade perfect too. It's my 3rd fav Fatal Fury game. RBFF2 AND GMOTW being better but that's not a bad thing.

Honorable mentions:
    Street fighter collection - because of Alpha 2'.
    Radiant silvergun - I honestly had a hard time keeping this off my top 10.
    Metal Black - underrated shooter love the bonus stages between each level.
    Marvel super heroes vs Street fighter - huge fan of the vs series but this game obviously lacks personality that xmen vs street fighter had.
    King of fighter 96
    Layer section
    Astra superstars - very original with the flight and the gameplay does do it well.
    Astal - Astal is great man
    Nights into dreams - love Nights
    Soukyugurentai - I prefer this to Batsugan, crazy I know.
    Gun frontier - surprisingly good hard vertical shooter. I like it.
    Hot blooded family - Just a wacky beat em up game. Very fun I play this with my daughter alot.
    Dungeons and dragons collection - same as above just not as wacky it is very funny though.
    Waku waku 7 - neo geo port is probably better but I'm very satisfied with this version.
    Last bronx - totally underrated 3d fighter.
    Panzer dragoon 1 and 2 - the first games I got. Beat them both. Must have.
    Fatal fury 3 - I hate real bout 1. This is a very very good port.
    Virtual on - amazing with the controller.
    Last edited by Eazy; 11-09-2019 at 01:41 AM.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Have you played Battle garegga on PS4 as well? There is a physical copy avail on Play Asia. My copy is LRG tho. No difference. It's where I first played it and yeah it's a great game.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thread Information