Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 8Bitdo Wireless Genesis controllers!!!

Road Rasher

Everything electronic is made in China, and China in its entirety is a sweatshop!

Video Game Modder Outrunner segasonicfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Everything electronic is made in China, and China in its entirety is a sweatshop!
    Are you joking? That's 100% untrue. I make circuit boards for sale here in the United States myself.

Random Hajile, thank you for the links to the pictures. I'm actually surprised by the build quality, the fab work actually looks decent.
    Last edited by segasonicfan; 05-10-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training bootsector's Avatar

Hey guys!

There's another option for connecting USB controllers (including 8bitdo's USB BT Retro Receiver) to the Sega Genesis/MD. It's the USB2Classic:

http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/90

It's open source, open hardware and it supports connecting not only to the sega genesis, but also:

- Sega Master System, Atari 2600 and others
    - Panasonic 3DO
    - NES
    - Super NES
    - Sega Saturn
    - Neo Geo
    - TG16/PC-Engine (through adapter board connected to the Neo Geo output)

Cheers!

Road Rasher

Update: mine stopped pairing after 2 weeks, and here is the not so user friendly way to update the firmware. You will need to buy a very uncommon t6 screwdriver, open the receiver, take it apart to find a hidden micro usb port, you will need to plug to a pc and drag and drop the update file (like a usb drive) to the retro receiver, and then you will need to plug the controller and drag and drop another file, then plug it to your sega and pair them to update. Problem is i did all the steps several times correctly and it never worked, tried for over 2 hours repeating the process as the firmware files seemed to disappear each time from memory or recever and controller. Tried on another pc, and it finally worked. This is beyond stupid and 8bitdo will get many returns, it will cost them a fortune. So be warned

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

No problems here in doing that update. I have a pocket screwdriver set that has come in handy numerous times. So no issues in opening up that receiver.
    I do take the point though that maybe they could have done that in a more user friendly way.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

I received a second, black M30 in the mail today. This one is different. The D-Pad is quite mushy. Which makes the pad less precise. Maybe coincidence. So far white pad > black pad.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Yesterday I got my 8bitdo M30 2.4g and I'm really happy with it! Quality materials, the d-pad feels great, and every other button has the same feel as the original 6-button pad from Sega. Pairing was not an issue, it just worked without doing nothing. I don't feel any input delay, and it works really well with fast and furious games like Tšnzer. I've ordered a T6 screwdriver just in case, and I may buy the white one next month. It's great to play the Mega Drive without the cable. This is the future they promised us

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

I got the M30 Bluetooth a while ago. It's good, but I can't manage to make it work wirelessly (and the cable is short, so it's not convenient). I followed the instructions but Windows 7 won't detect it for some reason.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I've been using mine with the Mega SG for several months now. Have had no issues to speak of, and I quite like the convenience of it. I use the 2.4 model, not the bluetooth.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I got the M30 Bluetooth a while ago. It's good, but I can't manage to make it work wirelessly (and the cable is short, so it's not convenient). I followed the instructions but Windows 7 won't detect it for some reason.
    While not a fix for the wireless problem, you could get a longer usb-c cable. Just throwing that out there as a temporary fix for you. They're cheap and would make things easier for you until you get the wireless issue sorted out.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training matasiete's Avatar

I bought my M30 from AE right when it was released, probably one of the first batches, and I found it almost perfect... almost, except for a crunchy noise in the dpad when pushed hard. I thought it was a problem with my unit but now I've done some research and it seems it's a problem also shared by some other people.

Here a video (not mine).

It seems however it's fixable by adding some grease to the dpad, though I haven't tested it yet.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Wow, that's really noisey. Mine doesn't do that, so they should've fixed it now. Really good controller.

SITE SUPERVILLAIN Outrunner Vector's Avatar

Latency bad controller?
    My Feedback : http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...orman-feedback
    My Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKAhCCdRxXo
    Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Is this guy the new forum villain? LOL
    They called me Mr. Glass =)

Thread Information