Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8Bitdo Wireless Genesis controllers!!!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Stifu's Avatar

Yes, I just found this in the Amazon questions & answers:

Q: Why is there this listing for $25 and another one for $30?
    A: The $30 is a Bluetooth. The $25 is a 2.4g wireless.
    I'm interested in buying some for my Raspberry Pi (got a 3B at the moment). I guess the Bluetooth version is the way to go.

They should say some fancy name instead of "2.4g wireless" just to make it clear it's not a standard PC/mobile/whatever-else-modern wireless controller.

Megadrive Owner Since1991 Wildside Expert

I'm going to be ordering one of the 2.4Ghz models... at only $24.99 you can't go too wrong. Krikkz may struggle to sell his at $65.00 + shipping, once these drop.

I might also get a Bluetooth Retro Receiver for Sega Mega Drive, as I have one of the 6 button bluetooth kits too.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Hello,

Do you know a 8Bitdo adapter for Megadrive/Genesis is compatible with the xbox 360 wireless controller ? (If the answer is no and well I invite the team in charge of its design to allow for the 360 pad and it would win customers).
    Because KEGA Fusion is anything but absurd.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Stifu View Post
    I'm interested in buying some for my Raspberry Pi (got a 3B at the moment). I guess the Bluetooth version is the way to go.
    For what it's worth, the 2.4 version will work on a PC/RPi when connected via USB. It's just the wireless dongle that only works with an MD/Genesis (or I suppose an MD -> USB adapter)

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pha View Post
    Hello,

Do you know a 8Bitdo adapter for Megadrive/Genesis is compatible with the xbox 360 wireless controller ? (If the answer is no and well I invite the team in charge of its design to allow for the 360 pad and it would win customers).
    The Xbox 360 pad doesn't use bluetooth so that's gonna be a hard request there, chief. You can use a Wii U Pro controller, which is similar in feel and has a superior dpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert MushaAleste's Avatar

I got my white 2.4G today. I am kind of speechless. This is the single best joypad i have ever used. It's miles better than any of my japanese SEGA pads, including my beloved Saturn pads. What they did is, they cloned the MD 6 button fighting controller D-Pad, and they have a more sturdy, higher quality rubber bit underneath. The result is amazing. Much more precise, yet extremely responsive and absolutely satisfying.

The true benchmark of any controller is Street Fighter II anyway. So i tried CE and Super SFII on Mega Drive and with groovyMame. My execution went way up! The 8bitdo M30 D-Pad is perfection. There is nothing else to say. It's hard to imagine the Retrobit controllers, or anyone else will get close any time soon. 11 out of 10 from me for sure!

Attachment 14875

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

You should be aware of the difference in lag between the 2.4 and bluetooth models. I took a screenshot of this chart featured in the Digital Foundry video review of the Mega SG.

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    You should be aware of the difference in lag between the 2.4 and bluetooth models. I took a screenshot of this chart featured in the Digital Foundry video review of the Mega SG.

A firmware update was release a couple of days after the retrorgb test, and it solved the serious lag in bt mode, so don't worry.
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tor Landeel View Post
    A firmware update was release a couple of days after the retrorgb test, and it solved the serious lag in bt mode, so don't worry.
    Where did you see that? The most recent updates I can find for the Bluetooth version were well before the article. All I see is an update for the 2.4G version.

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    Where did you see that? The most recent updates I can find for the Bluetooth version were well before the article. All I see is an update for the 2.4G version.
    You're right, a trusted an unreliable source without checking in the first place, sorry about that.
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

hi there, got the bluetooth m30, it's working like a charm with my MSI laptop and SonicMania

Just one question, how can I check battery status? Maybe not possible but who knows

Wildside Expert

Finally bought the 2.4ghz, its an awesome quality controller, and the receiver is included and its very tiny, highly recommended

The legendary gargoyle Road Rasher Firebrandx's Avatar

The big problem with the 2.4G right now is the EMI noise. Some consoles and/or mods really pick up on it, and it sounds like when you get a cell phone too close to a speaker or microphone. Somebody told me they could even hear it out the headphone jack of the Mega Sg, though I need to look into this to see if I can hear it from there too.

Oh and also updating the firmware can be a nightmare. Took me an entire night of attempts before my computer would randomly allow the device to be recognized. I heard from several others having the same struggle.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danibus View Post
    hi there, got the bluetooth m30, it's working like a charm with my MSI laptop and SonicMania
    What's frustrating about the latter part of that, is that while Steam sees it as an Xbox One pad, Sonic Mania doesn't recognize it to the extent that you can change the per-game configuration, so as someone who always uses the C button to jump, I can't easily do that without adding another layer between me and the game. Even re-mapping my main Steam controller config somehow gets ignored by the game.

Thread Information