Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Secret Santa 2018

Santa should have never relied on the post office stooges. The gifts I will be sending are going to be in multiple parts because it's not all going to make it in time. I'll at least make sure that part of it gets there before Xmas. Unfortunately, the rest will probably come slightly after. I'd need nothing short of a Festivus miracle otherwise.

As long as something gets there by Christmas, it's fine.

Finally got everything and was able to ship my stuff today. Did priority so hopefully it will only take a couple days and get there by Monday.

My man came through in a big way helping to expand my horror collection! Much appreciated.

Even though this is a "secret" I'm certain most of us will be able to ascertain who played Santa for each of us. I'd be remiss if I failed to tell my guy that his package has been mailed the beginning of last week when everything arrived. Be patient and remember there is a big ocean between us filled with U-Boats, Ocean Liners, Military Transports, etc.., Our USPS said about 14 days so it will be there during the holiday week.

Lol U-Boats.

USPS doesn’t have half the naval firepower it once had.

My gift is supposed to make it just on time, so fear not Sega-16 Santas. Pulling an emergency run from the north pole as we speak!

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Many thanks to my covert Claus. Here's what I got...

IMG_20181225_141426.jpg

I never played the original Road Rash on the MD but did see it once or twice. I played the GG version a ton mind, so looking forward to this.

I'm on a Jurassic Park binge at present and am very intrigued by this SCD game.

Merry Christmas and thank you loads, this is always a bit of fun every year. I hope my recipient got his present too.

Opened my stuff a minute ago, I’ll post some pics later tonight!

My secret santa got me these awesome gifts! it's a very shinobi christmas.

merry christmas everyone!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Step 1: Get a box.

Step 2: Take out the innards.

Ohh, okay okay. I see we have some Mary-oh paper there. Bubsy can get behind that as he spent equal time on the SNES as he did the Genesis. Promoting the diversity that my namesake promoted himself. Pretty sure that's what Santa was going for here.

Step 3: Claw open the presents.

Always happy to get a manual, and the SoR manuals have always been fun for me to read through. Glad to complete that game. Child of Eden has always seemed appealing to me. I don't know much about it, but I'm really interested in playing it. ToeJam and Earl III is a game I've wanted since I first heard about it 'cause TJ&E came back, and Thunder Force III is a game I've been looking for for quite some time as I like the second one and am a huge fan of the fourth one. Thanks, robotscandance!

Glad it showed up ok. Sorry I couldn’t get Thunderforce III in anything other than cart only though.
    Last edited by robotscandance; 12-27-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

No need to apologize - I'm happy just to have the cart! It was a good gift, especially since the price has been steadily rising for a while now. That was one of the games where my thought process was, "Well, I really want it, so I might as well put it on here just in case someone will actually give it to me."

What did everyone else get?

So sorry I never posted!

Assault9 out of the kindness of his heart with a new tradition sent me this game called L'Abbaye De Mortes. It's about a Cathar Monk on the run from the Catholic Knights of the Crusade who takes refuge in an Abandoned Church. A fascinating game, as a devout Catholic myself I didn't know much about the Cathars or their theology, or that the Dominican Order of Preachers was founded by St. Dominic to combat their heresy specifically. It was a quite fascinating part of history to make a video game after, and I always like learning new things.

Thanks very much Assault9! I'll definitely be sure to participate next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

I don't have any pictures due to a wonky camera, but Warm Signal sent me Pink Goes to Hollywood, G-Loc, and a boatload of Christmas candy. Thanks very much Warm Signal!
    Review in Progress -

Next on the Review List -

Thread Information