Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is everyone shitting on the PC Classic?

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I'd love a PC Classic mini console if it let me play classic old school real time strategy games, like Command & Conquer and C&C Red Alert.
    Off topic but I thought I'd share the news that the old Westwood guys are remastering the original games.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/...n-one-package/

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
    Off topic but I thought I'd share the news that the old Westwood guys are remastering the original games.

EA lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm Down View Post
    Sony makes garbage and couldn't produce a durable piece of electronic equipment to save their lives. Have a look around the forum, not a Sony fan in the slightest. They owe me money as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't change reality though. Some Sonytards just like to dismiss reality and warp it to fit their idiotic love for a goddamn company.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Pyron View Post
    I think that PC gamer are the best.. and they not the target audience for these products
    even more the Oldest PC users like me..
    for run the game you want is very complex if you compare with others plataforms
    so the PC gamer if he's want play a old PC game they just emulate it via dos box or mount a retro pc setup and play it in all glory

this products.. its just surfing in the "moda" is not for the PC Users in my opinion
    And SNES, NES and PlayStation mini consoles aren't for the hardcore retro enthusiast that plays with CRTs and RGBs, Accuracy-ness, etc...
    Sony makes garbage and couldn't produce a durable piece of electronic equipment to save their lives. Have a look around the forum, not a Sony fan in the slightest. They owe me money as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't change reality though. Some Sonytards just like to dismiss reality and warp it to fit their idiotic love for a goddamn company.

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi Gryson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    And SNES, NES and PlayStation mini consoles aren't for the hardcore retro enthusiast that plays with CRTs and RGBs, Accuracy-ness, etc...
    That's like the incredibly small minority of people who have ever played a game console. The S/NES Classic probably didn't appeal to most of the people who read this forum, but that doesn't prevent us from seeing that it had a very real market.

The DOS/Win 9x gaming community is vastly different.

No real OPL3 chip for starters. I doubt they'd use nukey's excellent NukedOPL emulator either, and instead go for the outrageously shitty MAME emulation so that everything is out of tune, screechy, distorted, etc. with various things totally wrong like volume levels, waveform attack, etc. That is, if they bother to implement any OPL2/3 support at all.

Also, it looks like a toyified PC Jr. than an AT to me.
    If they wanted to go that route it IMO would have been better to make it look like a Tandy 1000, as I wager more oldschoolers are familiar with that rather than the PC Jr. which got mostly negative reception.
    </oldschool PC nut rant>
    Last edited by Eep386; 11-14-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryson View Post
    That's like the incredibly small minority of people who have ever played a game console. The S/NES Classic probably didn't appeal to most of the people who read this forum, but that doesn't prevent us from seeing that it had a very real market.

The DOS/Win 9x gaming community is vastly different.
    Classic mini console is just a toy to you remenber the old days and bring back the nostalgia for the poeple who didn't play it for long time..
    after playing some time,, they forget it and back for their modern consoles...

Now PC gamers.. is another thing like you said

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eep386 View Post
    No real OPL3 chip for starters. I doubt they'd use nukey's excellent NukedOPL emulator either, and instead go for the outrageously shitty MAME emulation so that everything is out of tune, screechy, distorted, etc. with various things totally wrong like volume levels, waveform attack, etc. That is, if they bother to implement any OPL2/3 support at all.

Also, it looks like a toyified PC Jr. than an AT to me.
    If they wanted to go that route it IMO would have been better to make it look like a Tandy 1000, as I wager more oldschoolers are familiar with that rather than the PC Jr. which got mostly negative reception.
    </oldschool PC nut rant>
    My old man had a Tandy 1000. I was more impressed with my C64.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    EA lol
    ???

Of course it's EA. They own the series. I think it's pretty cool the old Westwood gang is getting back together to do this. But fine be a cynic.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

It's going to be hacked, So you can put your PC Games you grew up on it

Road Rasher

???

Of course it's EA. They own the series. I think it's pretty cool the old Westwood gang is getting back together to do this. But fine be a cynic.
    Aww i was hoping for the typical "EA sucks" comments :/ I'm fine with Westwood coming back and all, that's cool

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior View Post
    It's going to be hacked, So you can put your PC Games you grew up on it
    No need too, it has a sd card slot

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I don't know how they are going to work out the deals with all the IPs, but if indeed they can manage Sega PC Classics as well as doom, I can see this being very popular. Think Doom 1, 2 and 3, Diablo 1 and 2, Sonic CD PC version, Duke Nukem, and perhaps even the original Tomb Raider. I tell you that if they manage the original MDK IP, I'd probably consider it myself too.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I don't know how they are going to work out the deals with all the IPs, but if indeed they can manage Sega PC Classics as well as doom, I can see this being very popular. Think Doom 1, 2 and 3, Diablo 1 and 2, Sonic CD PC version, Duke Nukem, and perhaps even the original Tomb Raider. I tell you that if they manage the original MDK IP, I'd probably consider it myself too.
    This is exactly my point. They won't be able to put TR on it unless it runs in software mode. There is no way to play the full 3D PC version on anything without Glide support, and the wrappers that do exist are only semi-functional. It's a shame because those old Glide versions were the best versions available of those games at the time.

I think the interest just isn't there for that era of PC games, this box is more for the older crowd.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

That's great news!

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

Lol looks terrible and unnecessary in today's age. On the other hand, I'd love to see an Atari ST classic. Now that would make more sense than this piece of useless plastic.

Thread Information