Quantcast

Thread: Thinking of buying a Sega Super GT Arcade

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Default Thinking of buying a Sega Super GT Arcade

I recently play a Sega Super GT Arcade and have the option to buy it. The thing is massive and is 2 players. I think I would get bored of constantly playing Sega Super GT.

Is there anyway to play other racing games with this cabinet?
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Im pretty sure you could swap the board with Daytona 2. That thing has got to be pretty expensive.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Whats so bad about Scud Race?

Scud Race ran on the Sega Model 3 so your alternative racing games are Daytona USA 2 (there's Battle on the Edge and Power Edition, both have their differences), Le Mans 24, Sega Rally 2 and Dirt Devils.

Scud Race and Daytona 2 uses the same controls and Le Mans 24 uses the same version as Scud Race so that should be a straight swap. There are some slightly differences between versions of the Model 3 but honestly don't really know much apart from there's 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and 2.1. None of the racers used 1.0 though.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

He would be doing a complete board swap, unless hes able to just change out the ROM. The later models had more memory and some updated hardware.

https://www.ebay.com/i/312226816401?...c6d944ffe20030
    Last edited by gamevet; 11-20-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Is can it be modified to also play mame racing games while still keeping the original hardware intact?
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

The hardware is not super-reliable on these. Don't pay a lot for it and if you are not skilled at arcade repair I would pass altogether.

Thread Information