Quantcast

Thread: compatible universal remotes for industrial laserdisc player auto-repeat button help?

Default compatible universal remotes for industrial laserdisc player auto-repeat button help?

Cld-v2400 Pioneer laserdisc player and no remote.

Looking for universal remote with auto-repeat button compatible for this player. Auto-repeat button is unique in that it isn't on console, and the D.I.P. switches only disable auto-start and/or blue screen. This is annoying since the player will play forever unless the user deliberately presses "stop" or powers off player; can't be left unattended. The only possible solution is uploading commands in serial port from pc, but D.O.S. Pioneer program doesn't have "auto-repeat" command; plus the custom db9 to rs232 serial cable probably cost more than a universal remote. Lowest price for used factory remote is $12.50 after shipping...

Thanks

EDIT
    Noticed the CU-CLD016 Pioneer LD remote doesn't have "auto repeat" button but rest of buttons work (except side "a" "b" buttons since player is only single sided). Seen pics of Pioneer LD remotes which do indeed have a repeat button but I don't have one which makes me wonder.

Could someone with similar industrial LD player test "auto repeat" function from a different Pioneer LD player remote which does have repeat button and/or the side "B" button (this is sometimes shared to auto-repeat)? Thanks.

EDIT 2
    It seems the standard Pioneer LD remote format may work according to jamesgamell from hifi-remote.com forums http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=925:

jamesgamell:
    "RepeatMode" (OBC 79) isn't in any of the CCF files, so I assume this LD has a few commands beyond the typical Pioneer LD commands,
    jamesgamell
    Edit: I had misread the Lirc hex for RepeatMode. The correct OBC is 68 and that is in the CCF files with various function names, including "repeat", "B/Mode", and "Side B".
    . May be possible to use standard compatible universal remote with Pioneer LD remote code, if it has a repeat button. Repeat button seems mapped to channel+ button on some.
    Last edited by vexatious; 12-12-2018 at 11:00 PM. Reason: more information

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

My CU-V102 remote doesn't have an auto repeat function, otherwise I'd be pleased as punch to test it with my LD-V2000. The deck was $10 at a rummage sale, and it was painful paying $40 for the remote I got, to find that it didn't have a digital/analog audio mode toggle that I was looking for.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

CU-CLD016 "auto digital/analog" button on top right of remote works for toggling cld-v2400 digital analog output. CLD-v2400 is lousy in that it has no digital/EFM jack or toslink, yet it has a decent DAC. Tried side "B" and "A" buttons on CU-CLD016 but doesn't toggle auto-repeat. The CLD-V2400 should use the old format but the CU-CLD016 might be a new format or non-compatible since it's one of the first dual sided player remotes.

TO: Raijin Z
    Can you try if the CU-V102 "B" repeat button switches auto-repeat on the LD-V2000? OBC 68 defines function "repeat" in addition to "B/Mode" and "Side B"... Could you try? I should re-edit my first post to mention auto-repeat is sometimes shared with "Side B" according to the CCF with OBC 68. Thanks.
    Last edited by vexatious; 12-12-2018 at 11:04 PM.

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

If all else fails, Logitech Harmony remote would probably get the job done, it has codes for all kinds of laserdisc players and old obscure video processing equipment. It's been a lifesaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

The CU-V113 has the Repeat mode button. I have a V2600, but I can't test. There's something wrong with the unit.
    It can be found fairly cheap on Ebay.

Here is a pic:
    https://imgur.com/D1pJUH3
    Sega Genesis Master Set Collector
    https://vgcollect.com/Tripredacus/gen

Quote Originally Posted by vexatious View Post
    Can you try if the CU-V102 "B" repeat button switches auto-repeat on the LD-V2000? OBC 68 defines function "repeat" in addition to "B/Mode" and "Side B"... Could you try? I should re-edit my first post to mention auto-repeat is sometimes shared with "Side B" according to the CCF with OBC 68. Thanks.
    Can't quite parse what you're asking. On every other press of Repeat B, A. RTN flashes on the screen, but does nothing else. The player will loop if Repeat A is used to define the starting point, and then Repeat B is used to define the end point, but I wasn't able to find any special functionality with these buttons. I'd provide a video example, but OBS won't record for me anymore, for no apparent reason, and my system is on its last legs.
    Youtube - Terminated

@Raijin Z
    Forgot to look at your ld-v2000 and didn't realize it might not have auto-repeat, but sounds like the CU-V102 might work based on what you said. surplushed.com has the same remote @ $2.50 before shipping but requires customer account and not sure how reliable they are. Thanks for the response.

UC-V109BC barcode scanner doesn't work... Tried during playback which should toggle status display on top right of screen during playback, and while stopped and or FFrwd Rwd. Also tried both with and without wired connection. Red send/repeat button only works for barcodes and not auto-repeat function. Barcode scanner also doesn't have stop button.

Sounds like a software solution may be better. Like one of those IR-capable phones with a programmable remote control application.
    Youtube - Terminated

Bought factory membrane CU-V113 remote @ $12.00 after shipping. Didn't want to, but local $ store doesn't have "6 in 1" universal remote, barcode scanner UC-V109BC @ $6.50 after shipping didn't work, and online universal remotes are about same price as CU-V113 plus not sure if they'd work. Oh well...

Cld-v2400 player's auto- repeat is really annoying when player is unattended with movie, but is probably useful for a arcade laserdisc machine cabinet.

Will update first post with more info if I can.

EDIT

CU-V113 arrived today (12-24-2018) and it does work. What's really annoying is, the user has to toggle "REPEAT MODE" evertime after power-up, and it can only be done while disc is actively playing. Seems to be no way to make cld-v2400 remember setting "auto-return" (stop at end of disc). CU-V113A is surprisingly big as well, but it's well designed against bacteria. More cons than I imagined with this player but at least it's probably built with high quality.
    Last edited by vexatious; 12-25-2018 at 02:58 AM. Reason: new info

Thread Information