Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Winner is You: 2019 ‘OMFG’ Edition

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Ruiner. Really great twin-stick shooter even if the levels go on too long at times. Really fantastic presentation of a cyberpunk setting. I ended up finishing it last night. The game is really tough at times so I am not afraid to admit I lowered it down to easy for the final level. Great music. Really enjoyed it.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Travis Strikes Again. I had 2 levels left when I dropped the game in January. Boy that last one is rough. Final boss is super easy tho. Enjoyed it despite how rough it is in spots. Also helps my opinion of it knowing the real NMH3 is on it's way next year. While again I enjoyed it,I could only play it in spurts and I would have felt pretty sour if this was the last NMH game.
    Last edited by SegataS; 10-31-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

21. Dynamite Headdy - Genesis

I remember I wanted to play a platformer a few years ago and popped this in. It wasn't hitting the spot, so I put it back on the shelf. It's kind of a platformer in the same aspect that Vectorman is a platformer. It sat better with me this time, and overall, I'd say I enjoyed this game. There are definitely some stages (scenes?) that were flat out not enjoyable, but it was a good overall experience. I'm a fan of the wackiness. The final boss was also satisfying to beat. It took some trial and error, but it felt good figuring it out and sticking it to him.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Nintendo NES):

I popped this game in last month to just kind of fart around. I’ve never beaten the game before but I still generally enjoy it despite its flaws. At some point I became determined to not just beat it, but to do so without losing a single turtle.

In a perfect storm of persistence and luck, I managed to pull it off.

^ Is that something you enjoy doing, or did you decide to go for it for some other reason?

22. Jurassic Park - Game Gear

I beat The Lost World earlier this year, so I decided to try out the precursor. This is a very short and easy game, but I'd say it controls a bit better than the second.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    ^ Is that something you enjoy doing, or did you decide to go for it for some other reason?
    A little bit of both, I guess. I like the satisfaction of dominating a game that once gave me a lot of trouble. There are a handful of “hard” games that I think are still fun enough to put that amount of time & effort into. Also, I enjoy making videos that appeal to a very niche audience.

That makes sense. I like to figure out games so that I can feel in control the whole time, but I'm so prone to idiotic mistakes that I never strive for perfection (I also don't think I'd get enough satisfaction to warrant the effort). Your videos don't seem too niche. It looks like you get views at a higher rate than I do (although you have many more videos because my buddy and I are slacking).

Thread Information