Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Winner is You: 2019 ‘OMFG’ Edition

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Default A Winner is You: 2019 ‘OMFG’ Edition

I have not beaten any games this year, yet.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

The Ninja Warriors again.

I beat the original on PS4 a few days ago and last night I couldn't sleep so I beat the sequel on SNES. I would tell you more but that's all I can remember, I'm really tired now lol.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Default A Winner Is You 2019 edition...

A new year, a new thread!

1) Dying Light (PC)- This game is close to being really good. The story's good, the visuals are quite nice (and gory) and the gameplay is pretty solid. The problem is, there are some annoying songs that play over and over in certain spots that you can't get rid of. There is also a problem at times when certain missions getting really drawn out to the point of feeling like it's just padding. And uh... without giving anything away, the final mission was one of those "isn't this over yet?" missions that felt too drawn out. The parkor stuff was fun, but there grappling system for when you grab ledges could have used a little more fixing (sometimes, the game just refuses to grab a clearly marked ledge). Other than that, this game was pretty cool.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Hey Bonuskun, can we get a ruling on which thread gets to be the real one?

Hey Bonuskun, can we get a ruling on which thread gets to be the real one?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    A new year, a new thread!

1) Dying Light (PC)- This game is close to being really good. The story's good, the visuals are quite nice (and gory) and the gameplay is pretty solid. The problem is, there are some annoying songs that play over and over in certain spots that you can't get rid of.
    I found the soundtrack to be one of the best things about the game, personally.

Why not just merge the two?

The Ninja Warriors again.

I beat the original on PS4 a few days ago and last night I couldn't sleep so I beat the sequel on SNES. I would tell you more but that's all I can remember, I'm really tired now lol.
    ^ From a couple days ago in the other thread.

Also for the millionth time Bayonetta 2. Someone gave it to me on Switch as an early B-day gift. I already had it on Wii U but some games are so good I will take another copy and since it came with Bayo 1 that is my 3rd time owning that. I fucking love character action games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden and so many more. I love just about anything from Platinum. I could name a bunch from PS1 era on up for the 3D character action games. Bayonetta 2 is just one of the better ones and playing on a portable is fun. It runs nicer than Wii U. Better framerate mainly. There is a witches hair difference in visuals. Ground textures seem to look a smidgen better. I wish the game was at least 900P but not worth it if the framerate would go down to 20FPS I guess. My body is so damn ready for DMC5!

Thread stickyed.
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    I found the soundtrack to be one of the best things about the game, personally.
    Specifically, it was the song that plays when you find out about the guy playing the really loud music for some reason (won't say why to avoid spoilers). That song just got on my nerves as I was doing missions around where he was for a while. The rest of the soundtrack was better to be sure, but that damn short song was just... annoying.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Not sure if this counts, bwth:

Resident Evil 2 Remake "1 Shot" Demo (PC)

So Capcom went a little overboard with this demo: there's a 30 min time limit (which is all you get, so if all 30 mins are used up the demo will refuse to launch again) and you'll also need to be connected to their online servers to play it. Too bad less than 12 hours after the demo dropped, someone already released a trainer that allows you to reset the timer as much as you want. Still need to be online though.

Played through it once, enjoyed it, then uninstalled. I liked it, it's like a mish mash of RE4 (camera angle, similar controls and the return of the same knife combat mechanics) and classic RE. Just more modernized I guess. I don't know, demo was fine, but way too short to judge the game on.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Decided to go with this thread.

1. Xenophobe - NES

Well, my first win of the year isn't actually a win because this game never ends, but I'm making the executive decision to call it a win. I beat all the stages multiple times without running out of time and had my score maxed out for 1+ hours. Compared to other games that don't end, this one seems to lack variety/challenge upticks. Probably won't revisit it for quite some time, but it was pretty cool how you could get knocked down and continue shooting before getting up. That actually saved me a couple of times.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

2. Ristar - Genesis

This is the first time I actually beat this one. I remember losing like 40 lives on the final boss without beating him. He didn't seem that hard this time. -shrug-

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Zygrunt's Avatar

I've beaten Gunstar Heroes last week.

I have to say that I didn't remember the later stages being that long and repetitive and they annoyed me a little bit.

But I still love this game.

Thread Information