Quantcast

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 Haul Thread! Post your cool goodies!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Exclamation The 2019 Haul Thread! Post your cool goodies!

Early B-day gift from a buddy.
    I already had it on Wii U but it runs nicer here. Also, I love games like this so much owning them twice is twice is nice. March feels so far away for DMCV.
    Last edited by SegataS; 01-07-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Wii U

Got a copy of Metal Gear Solid HD collection and Alien Infestation for DS coming from a dude at TNL for only 10 bucks each. Heck of a great deal for some great games.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 01-07-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    05/05/15

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

I don't like the idea of monthly haul threads, and here's why:

Not every month has equal activity, so you're going to end up with a few months out of the year with only a post or two ... or, no thread at all because no one bought anything they wanted to brag about. That's going to make it messy and confusing to go back to for those of us who like to do so (and I'm one of them).

Also, people are going to be tripping all over themselves to make a new thread each month. For example, one guy will see that, three days into the month, no one has created a haul thread, so he'll do it because, you know, SOMEONE should. And then a week later, Coop will come along and create his own January 2019 Haul thread and his thread will be the one sticky'd. Then all of a sudden you have some bumped noses and passive-aggressive comments being posted... just seems like a bad idea.

Yearly is better.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

My sister gave me a Gamestop gift card for Christmas, so when the wife wanted to go to the mall over the weekend, I popped in the Gamestop for the first time in ages and found these. I played the original Shenmue on DC back when it was new, but I've never played the sequel before. And Mr Matthews raved about the new Mega Man, and it was on sale so I figured why not. Maybe I'll put the 3do away for a while and finally play some xbox.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post

Not every month has equal activity, so you're going to end up with a few months out of the year with only a post or two ... or, no thread at all because no one bought anything they wanted to brag about. That's going to make it messy and confusing to go back to for those of us who like to do so (and I'm one of them).

Also, people are going to be tripping all over themselves to make a new thread each month. For example, one guy will see that, three days into the month, no one has created a haul thread, so he'll do it because, you know, SOMEONE should. And then a week later, Coop will come along and create his own January 2019 Haul thread and his thread will be the one sticky'd. Then all of a sudden you have some bumped noses and passive-aggressive comments being posted... just seems like a bad idea.

Yearly is better.
    I agree with all your statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Ms. Pac-Man

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post

Yearly is better.
    I disagree with all your statements!

Edit: Just to be fair, TNL's been doing it monthly for 15 years straight. I don't see why we can't do the same. I'll mull over the thought of a yearly thread tho.

Also if someone did make a 2nd thread it would take 0 effort from me to just merge them.

Edit: Gave it some thought and decided to go with Matthew's suggestion.~
    Last edited by BonusKun; 01-07-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    05/05/15

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

I put aside a couple months to get this and I feel it was worth it. Onimusha Warlords CE. Comes with the game. Soundtrack & that sweet wall scroll. I have the originals on PS2 and hope more get transfered to HD as well as a sequel.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I managed to get a bunch of cool additions very recently... All from this January, but never mind that. Monthly hauls ain't how we roll here!

Pick-UpsJan2019.jpg

I had Psycho Fox but a complete one came my way so I grabbed it for the manual. This new Psycho Fox is actually the variant with the spelling error on the cartridge label: "Psyco Fox"
    So I've now got a spare for sale or trade (missing manual).

I enjoyed the Dragon's Trap remake so much that I wanted this variant version in addition to the funky Limited Run edition.

I've heard that Titanfall 2 single player mode is pretty good and for $10 I thought it would be worth checking out.

The real highlight here is the super cool Black Grid version of Tanglewood. Tanglewood is now easily one of my favorite MD/Genesis games. Bloody perfect.

Also received my 2nd Joyzz.

Joyzz.jpg
    Last edited by thesegadude; 01-09-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

thesegadude, over the Christmas holidays they were selling the PS4 and XBOX version of Titanfall 2 for $4 at Dollarama of all places! I had to do a double take to make sure that I wasn't imagining the stack of games in the electronics section!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    thesegadude, over the Christmas holidays they were selling the PS4 and XBOX version of Titanfall 2 for $4 at Dollarama of all places! I had to do a double take to make sure that I wasn't imagining the stack of games in the electronics section!
    That's just nuts. I read somewhere that Titanfall 2 didn't sell well (or as well as hoped). Maybe EA is dumping inventory?
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I'd noticed that Target had several 3DS titles priced at $5 each, so I picked up these. I had a $5 off purchase coupon, so I pretty much got them both for $5.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Road Rasher

Bought a second drum for Taiko...

Also scratched this off my PS2 list...

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Shame that ADK Tamashii is so damned expensive. My thinking is Twinkle Star Sprites could very well be the reason as all other formats of that game is expensive as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinderl View Post

Also scratched this off my PS2 list...

Love that Ninja Masters!
    Sega Dude

Visit me @ Retro Megabit

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodreign View Post
    Shame that ADK Tamashii is so damned expensive. My thinking is Twinkle Star Sprites could very well be the reason as all other formats of that game is expensive as well.
    At one point I'd managed to snag a copy for $30. The seller claimed it wasn't in stock, then relisted it for $330. So much for bushido.

Thread Information