Quantcast

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 Haul Thread! Post your cool goodies!

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

L
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

This thing has seen better days, but it was a no-brainer for $5.20.

As an added bonus, it led to a very satisfying exchange at the cash register with a gigantic douche of a reseller who could barely contain his jealousy that I managed to snag this back in the toy section while he was scanning Pokémon cards at the display case. I really think it bothered him that he lost out to a ‘collector’ rather than a rival reseller.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    This thing has seen better days, but it was a no-brainer for $5.20.

As an added bonus, it led to a very satisfying exchange at the cash register with a gigantic douche of a reseller who could barely contain his jealousy that I managed to snag this back in the toy section while he was scanning Pokémon cards at the display case. I really think it bothered him that he lost out to a ‘collector’ rather than a rival reseller.

Never seen one of those with the screen on. Is it an overlay with LED bulbs as the character?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Yeah, pretty much. It’s just like a Game & Watch or Tiger Handheld... but illuminated.

I’d take a picture, but I’m in the middle of refurbishing it

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Did you see The 8-Bit Guy video where he refurbished one of those? It was less than a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuo0njOI-qE

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Yeah, that was a good one.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Birthday haul! I was given some money for my B-day today went to my fave game store and this is what I hauled in.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Never seen one of those with the screen on. Is it an overlay with LED bulbs as the character?
    Actually it uses a form of nixie like lighting known as a VFD or Vacuum Fluorescent Display. Frogger does use an overlay in addition to the display to get the colors in the different places. I've quite a collection of these myself including a Frogger. I did actually get repro stickers however for my Donkey Kong and Q-bert table tops. Honestly, you can't tell they are repros except for the their much shinier appearance as they are vinyl and the fact that the stickers I bought were not die cut so I had to use an x-acto blade to cut them out.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Don't think I posted my last couple of games. Picked up the disc version of Ketsui Deathtiny which came with a real nice preorder bonus book thing with a ton of information in it relating to the game itself, M2 Shotriggers stuff etc. All in Japanese of course but lovely presentation and plenty of screen shots and so on.

Also grabbed Dangun Feveron from the US PSN since NONE of the M2 Shotriggers have released in the AUS store yet (or Europe either IIRC), and at this stage it's not looking like that's going to change.

2 weeks later I can finally play some Star Gladiator! Game was mega cheap like $5. Tho most older games I try to get mega cheap anyway. I miss this era of Capcom.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Haven't had much in the way of finds for a while. Mostly because I haven't been doing as much looking. Shadowrun is from a trade with a friend, and the other two are thrift finds. Been meaning to try out the Xcom games for a while, so I snagged this one when I came across it. There was a receipt in there, and someone bought two copies of this game for nine bucks a piece in Nebraska, which I thought was interesting since I found this in the Pacific Northwest. I've been interested in the other games too, particularly Shadowrun since I'm a fan of the tabletop game.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Ooh Shadowrun! That's a nice edition! If you don't mind me asking, what game did you trade it for?
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Only a few bucks. Yeah, these carts have seen better days. The Darius cart needed a lot of cleaning on the contacts to work. Had some white stuff smeared all over them. Dunno if it was toothpaste or not. The game is fun tho in the few mins I played to test it.

Thread Information