Quantcast

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 Haul Thread! Post your cool goodies!

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by BubsyFan1 View Post
    Nice! I had a demo disc for that game before it came out and had some fun with it. I snagged it on PS2 a while back but haven't given it a shot yet. I think I'd rather have it on PC though.
    It's a good one for PC since it's one of those games that has always had a decent following, so you get stuff like this: https://wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Edition

Just picked up a copy of a Japanese only game Ragnagard off the streets believe it or not, known in Japan as Shin-Oh-Ken (神凰拳 lit. "God Phoenix Fist"), is 2D arcade fighting game developed by System Vision and published by Saurus for the Neo Geo arcade, Neo Geo CD and Sega Saturn. The game's characters are all based on Shinto deities.

It tries really hard to be Killer instinct although it isnít. I kind of like what they tried here but this is not a very good game. The only reason I got it because it was super cheap as it goes for $600-$1,200 on eBay and price charts have it around there as well. I was spooked as the PCBís had two different color pin outs and after inspecting the cart it had some marks indicating it had been opened.

Turns out the board is legit and so are the chips so there was a good chance this was sent back to SNK at some point for repair and they used a different board.

I canít say I recommend the game but it isnít terrible, just not as good as it should be. Itís extremely hard and your opponents perform super desperation movies at will and their defense is so good that killing them fast is only reserved for expert players. Like all SNK games the depth is incredible and these types of games can be appreciated only after some serious practice as each character has specific moves and defenses that make not one more powerful than the other so itís quite involved and a different style is needed to beat each character, spamming will get you killed right quick.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post

OK, that is a pretty cool pick-up. A boxed AES game is crazy hard to find out in the wild and for a below average price too!

Nice one!
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

3DS goodness!

Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

With a little help I finally finished a neat little Game Gear subset, the US Codemasters games! (AKA "those really weird looking Game Gear carts")

You probably notice that Fantastic Dizzy, unlike the rest of the games, doesn't have purple stripes which typically denote US versions. This seems to be the case for all copies, both Euro and US as far as I can tell, and similarly CJ Elephant from both regions has the purple stripes, where normally Euro copies just had a solid purple background.

This means the real standouts in terms of "US" copies are Cosmic Spacehead, Micro Machines, and the quite sought after Pete Sampras Tennis. The latter of which can be increasingly difficult to locate even for sale, let alone for a decent price nowadays. I'm happy to finally have all 5 in my collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I got 2 copies of Splatoon for $5 each at a Walmart in Durant Oklahoma. I was doing a little bit of work up there today.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Some recent Saturn purchases, including of course... Black Fire. Just kidding, Burning freaking Rangers! Damn that set me back a lot.

What will make it particularly memorable buying this game, was the fact that as it was arriving in the mail, my neighbors had accidentally set their yard on fire! So the real burning rangers were here, along side the game.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

That is one of the most beautiful posts ever. That is hotness. Congrats on Burning Rangers esp!

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I got 2 copies of Splatoon for $5 each at a Walmart in Durant Oklahoma. I was doing a little bit of work up there today.

I've been grabbing some real deals on Wii U stuff myself, a $5 Splatoon is a great price though!

I've actually been holding off on picking up most of the first party Wii U games since they're still relatively pricey, the majority of the rest of the library is pretty cheap. I think Devil's Third is the most expensive at around $60 for it which is pretty much just the retail price.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Road Rasher

I can't help but imagine that Gundam Breaker is actually a game series about some kids with a bunch of Gundam models, and the goal of each game is to prevent their moms from playing with the models and breaking them.

Added another big box...I'm annoyed by how crushed this "good" condition box is (my little pic doesn't tell the whole story), but these also don't seem to show up on eBay all that often.

Lol well, the first half you got right it is kids playing with Gundam models in a virtual world. Like Gundam amiibo you can mix and match parts like an Armored Core plus paint them. The game plays like a hack n slash. Not a Warriors game tho.

They had 3 of these last week. I got the last one.

I think that game is getting a remake on Switch. Might be why.

Thread Information