Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tšnzer - A New Action Platformer coming in 2019!

Master of Shinobi

How big (in MEGA POWER) terms is this game mix256 ? I just bought a CIB copy even I am not that fond of the MC packaging.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Hero of Algol

32 Mbit.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker StandardDeluxe's Avatar

Looks good, just ordered a Megadrive version from MegaCat

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker mix256's Avatar

Thanks for the support! It's my birthday today so I'm taking it as a birthday present.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    32 Mbit.
    thanks Barone and happy birthday mix256 ! Maybe you could detail (just a bit) how the rom space is distributed, I'm very curious about these things. Something like how much megs or % of the rom is taken by the sound, music, graphics assets, etc ? Like how Orion explained how he made Escape 2042 a 32 MEGA game but most of it was streamed (almost CD audio quality) music like in many Neo Geo games were it seems like most of the assets are not compressed at all.
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker StandardDeluxe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mix256 View Post
    Thanks for the support! It's my birthday today so I'm taking it as a birthday present.
    Happy Birthday!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert nihilblack's Avatar

Happy birthday, mix256!!! 🎂🎉

Thanks!
    I'm enjoying a vacation in the UK at the moment. Just came back from a trip to the Four Quarters arcade/pub in Peckham. Will do some retro game store hunting tomorrow. \o/

Hero of Algol

Thanks!
    I'm enjoying a vacation in the UK at the moment. Just came back from a trip to the Four Quarters arcade/pub in Peckham. Will do some retro game store hunting tomorrow. \o/
    Four Quarters East is better IMO. And the surroundings are better too.
    If you have some time left and have a way to go there, I'd strongly recommend. The machines they have there aren't the same as the ones in Peckham.

Would anyone be willing to review it for the site? I missed the Kickstarter and haven't played it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Four Quarters East is better IMO. And the surroundings are better too.
    If you have some time left and have a way to go there, I'd strongly recommend. The machines they have there aren't the same as the ones in Peckham.
    I'll try to get there. It's in ZONE 3 which mean I will need to walk for a bit...

Outrunner

I'll try to get there. It's in ZONE 3 which mean I will need to walk for a bit...
    You so should go to Arcade Club in Bury. Guessing you wonít have time for it during this trip but look at getting a flight to Manchester and spending a whole weekend there. Itís heaven on Earth.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Would anyone be willing to review it for the site?
    Yes please. My English is not good enough but we all agree new homebrew like this one should get a review in Sega-16 shortly after release date.

IMO, Tanzer has a similar situation to Alien Soldier in 1995, a huge game that has not received due attention in its time.

Bit late, but happy birthday Michael!!!

To be fair, Tšnzer's promotion wasÖ pretty bad, all news went completely dark (unlike with other kickstarters it seems no backer bothered to share any news) and then suddenly "we're ready to ship" and like wait what? Already?

It seems like he wanted to give all PR tasks to Mega Cat Studios and they're only now starting to get serious about that (since they joined pretty late, barely just in time to ship the kickstarter batch?). On the flipside, Mega Cat Studios tends to be pretty loud so I assume they're gonna get heavy soon :​v

Thread Information