Quantcast

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canceled games that still hurt.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

No Canceled games that still hurt.

Any games that were either canceled or became vaporware that you had your heart set on?

I must have posted this a million times on gaming forums but the absolute number 1 for me and will always piss me off because of fuck Stolar. Geist Force on Dreamcast. Yes, I have the Assembler games physical version and it made me happy but never whole as this game will never ever be finished. Never had a game announced to me more next gen looks amazing more than that game did.

Mega Man Legends 3. Legends are my fave Mega Man games. The first one esp and I love Misadventures of Tron Bonne. C'mon Capcom we are getting Psychonauts 2, BG&E2, New Wasteland, Shenmue III, Darksiders III, DMCV and more so why not bring back Mega Man Legends 3! I will donate to a KS if needed!

Scalebound & Phantom Dust Remake but mainly Scalebound. I really like Phantom Dust and a remake sounded awesome! MS fucked it up and killed the studio and the game. Sucks but as long as I have Scalebound! I am a Platinum Fanboy. To date, I own every game they released at retail. I'm mega-hyped for Bayo 3 & Granblue so when I saw Nero with Dragons holy shit I was putting the pennies in a jar for an Xbox! Then I hear MS forced multiplayer in the game and the development became troubled and canceled. Thanks again MS...please bring it back... as a SP game. I'd love for both but I'd settle for Scalebound.

Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
    When Revolution (Wii) was shown off they showed a game that looked really cool to me at the time. Big bald guy with a massive hammer who beat up robots. Sadly this was the fucking Wii and Nintendo only wanted to sell it to old people. So having a mature looking game developed internally was out of the question. So it was canceled. In a way, I'm glad they did because the game was later turned into a Wii series game with Miis and I don't think I ever ranted on this site as I have for over a decade how much I despise Miis. Dear fucking lord I hate those things. Now in 2019, they are publishing Bayonetta games & Daemon X Machina. What a change...yet Miis still exist...ugh.

Lastly for this post is a game that sang to my SEGA blood this generation. The 90s Arcade Racer. It's not outright canceled but it's total vaporware. It looked to bring everything I loved about Daytona USA & Cruis'n and more in one game. Announced 5-6 years ago and was supposed to release in 2015. This one is starting to hurt less just because so many 90s like arcade racing games are starting to crop up. Hell in March one I'm excited for in Xenon Racer.

Last edited by SegataS; 03-05-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Ecco: Sentinels Of The Universe. I would have loved that.

Scud Race for DC
    We got alot of screenshots on magazines and good feedbacks about the demo, but SEGA was changed their focus and cancelled all first party arcade ports for Dreamcast

City Heores for MD

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

As mentioned before, Megaman Legends 3 and The 90s Arcade Racer.

Furthermore, my picks.

The original Fallout 3, aka Van Buren. After playing through the first two games I only now really feel the pain that others must have felt when this was cancelled.

Elite for the Mega Drive.

Monkey Island 2 for the Mega CD

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for Mega CD

Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (we could have had a rom if some people had realized the nightmare scenario of licensing this IP for a dead console from a mega company with an army of lawyers)

The original Toejam & Earl 2 (the one that played like the first game)

Thea Realm Fighters (Ho Sung Pak's MK clone after losing his MK2 lawsuit)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Scud Racer was going to come to DC!? FUCK! That sucks.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Aladdin for Sega CD

Hardcore for the Mega Drive (guess it's coming now, but for PS4)

Shenmue for Saturn*

Sonic Adventure for Saturn*

(Honestly, the limitations might have made these games better)

There's a lot more but these are the ones I remembered off the top of my head.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Dominus for the Genesis:

How can you not love a game where you get to put enemy prisoners in the dungeon and torture them for information?

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Scud Racer was going to come to DC!? FUCK! That sucks.
    Yes, the video on the demo they are just using 30% of DC power, because the dev kit is not finished at time and most of features and gpu resources of console is not avaliable.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

I wasn't well informed back then, so I can only speak looking back. Speaking of Genesis games, I think X-Women is a big missed oportunity.

I also obviously second City Heroes, Hardcore and Indiana Jones. Halloween Capsule also seemed interesting, mostly because I really enjoy anthropomorphic animals.

From other systems, I'm hurt and will always be by the cancellation of Core Design's Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary for PSP/PS2.

Starcraft Ghost, Star Wars 1313 and RE4 fog version all looked interesting, but were cancelled for no reason.
    -Meu blog sobre Mega Drive/Genesis.
    - no youtube.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Propeller Arena

Yeah, I know. You can download the iso and burn your own disc of this cancelled Dreamcast game, but it would have been cool to have played the online portion.

The Star Wars 1313

I was really looking forward to a single player Star Wars game, but EA cancelled it because they couldn’t nickel and dime people out of more money like they could with SW: Battlefront.

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Star Wars Battlefront 3, by original developers Pandemic. Star Wars Battlefront 1&2 on the PS2 and Xbox are the best Star Wars games ever made in my humble opinion, and just thinking of what we could have had from a third installment with Pandemic at the helm is a very painful thought. Fuck EA's modern Battlefront games, they aren't a patch on the games that came out in 2004 and 2005. Oh and I agree with Kamahl about Aladdin for the Mega CD. As great as the Mega Drive game we got is, a Mega CD port with music, voices and footage from the film as well as extra levels would have been fucking golden.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I never even knew that Aladdin CD was in the works, that would have been amazing.

Oh and that Strike Trilogy thing, that would have been worth to own. (I know it leaked, just saying it would have belonged in any Sega CD collection)

Dragon's Crown-Dreamcast version. Yes, the game did release on more modern systems and I love it to pieces. Still, I 'd like to have seen it on DC and as much as I do love the art in the final game(Have a giant framed poster in front of me) the original art was more charming to me. Would you guys believe this took longer than Duke Nukem Forever to release?

Master of Shinobi

Paprium for the Sega Mega Drive looked great
    Lists of MD games: officially licensed (~925) @ cartridge sizes @ Top 5 @ Top 250 (controversial) @ Sonic hacks @ best title screens @ Arcade ports (150) @ best European

Quote Originally Posted by chilled View Post
    Paprium for the Sega Mega Drive looked great
    Is Vaporware the same as canceled?

Thread Information