Quantcast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Ghostbusters teaser trailer..may not be what you expect

I never saw it either and I never will. The previews made constipation seem more appealing than the Feig abortion of a classic franchise. IMO there had to be a better black female actress as well as the other two (minus the One Upper chick from SNL). Nowadays it seems as if Hollyweird tries so hard to push such and such a person as the next best thing when his/her acting ability is elementary level at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Never bothered seeing it, but more to the point; it was wholly unnecessary, crap or not, as is this future abortion.
    You're judging way too quickly on a trailer for something that hasn't even materialized yet. This is a wait and see situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    I never saw it either and I never will. The previews made constipation seem more appealing than the Feig abortion of a classic franchise. IMO there had to be a better black female actress as well as the other two (minus the One Upper chick from SNL). Nowadays it seems as if Hollyweird tries so hard to push such and such a person as the next best thing when his/her acting ability is elementary level at best.
    The sad thing is that a couple of those actresses and Feig did Bridesmaids and that was actually decent. That being said, the casting is a critical choice and I would definitely say, even without seeing the 2016 movie, their casting choices were not the best.
    Some people like companies losing jobs.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    I would rather see some "nobodies" be cast, so we could expect some acting skill, and less of a wasted budget. I mean, which Judge Dredd movie was best?
    The first Judge Dredd was screwed by executive meddling, not the cast. Stallone knew the role and was prepared to never let the helmet go off, but the studio flipped at the thought of having his face hidden for the entire movie. Beyond that, things like the makeup were incredible, they got the world looking great, they only crapped on Dredd himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    "It's the sort of thing Trump would do..." I like it already! Seriously though, why doesn't this dozy cow, and the millions like her, understand that the 2016 'Ghostbusters' reboot wasn't hated because it had an all female cast, it was hated because it was puerile, infantile and unfunny shite of the highest order.
    They can't ever understand it because she's part of the twitter-raised generation of idiotic manchildren, who have an exceptionally low bar set for comedic standards. Ya'll niggas don't need no good writin', jus' put some mo' toilet humour in there.
    Last edited by zyrobs; 02-04-2019 at 03:26 AM.

Wildside Expert EternalChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    The sad thing is that a couple of those actresses and Feig did Bridesmaids and that was actually decent. That being said, the casting is a critical choice and I would definitely say, even without seeing the 2016 movie, their casting choices were not the best.
    Bridesmaids. Diarrhea orgies and butthole bleaching. Instantly makes me think Ghostbusters.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

i quite liked the "Egon" women , the rest were bad ! heres hoping this new one is epic as the originals.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    The 2009 game is the third movie, as far as the story and continuity go. Takes place in the early 1990s, shortly after the incident with Vigo, and the Cult of Gozer is seemingly up to some shenanigans.
    Only problem with the game is Bill Murray sounds like he's just woken up and is reading straight from the script pages. There's just no emotion from him.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Only problem with the game is Bill Murray sounds like he's just woken up and is reading straight from the script pages. There's just no emotion from him.
    The only reason he was doing that game was because they promised to hire his brother (Brian Doyle Murray) as the mayor.
    funnily enough his brother gave an outstanding performance in the game, like he always does.

The wrong brother became famous.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    The only reason he was doing that game was because they promised to hire his brother (Brian Doyle Murray) as the mayor.
    funnily enough his brother gave an outstanding performance in the game, like he always does.

The wrong brother became famous.
    Now that is some rep-worthy trivia.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Now that is some rep-worthy trivia.
    Indeed , i wonder if the old cast will be in the new movie.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Yes, they will. Except for Egon since he's dead unless they do some CGI nonsense. My guess is old and fat Ghost Busters has the potential for a perfect sequel. It would further build on their image in GB1. Hopefully, they might properly this time pass the torch.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I wish they'd just start doing it in that Dreamworks style, if you don't make it too kiddy the entire family can enjoy it.
    Would be better than seeing Bill Murray phone it in while they talk about how happy they are that "latina girl" and "lesbian girl" and "angry black girl"
    are now part of the new team and how much cooler and better and stronger and smarter they are then they ever were!

Yeah we all want the original cast to be 30 years old again and do a proper Ghostbusters 3, and 4, and 5, and 6!!! but that's not gonna happen,
    and current Hollywood ruins EVERYTHING it touches, just make it into a CGI series and bring back most of the Real Ghostbusters voice actors (and actresses, love the original cartoon Janine)

But Hollywood would ruin it, they'd take out ALL the spooky stuff so the kiddies won't poop their diapers.
    They'd add a transgender asexual furry who identifies as a toaster and who's also wheelchair bound.
    They would add more and more bullshit characters and then Movie #3 wouldn't even feature Ray, Peter, Egon and
    Winston anymore.

And then they'd complain that the man-children caused it to flop, because that's the only reason these things flop.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    "It's the sort of thing Trump would do..." I like it already! Seriously though, why doesn't this dozy cow, and the millions like her, understand that the 2016 'Ghostbusters' reboot wasn't hated because it had an all female cast, it was hated because it was puerile, infantile and unfunny shite of the highest order.
    Because she's a stupid person to whom class and quality writing is indistinguishable from wizards. The only way they can respond to being called on this is by calling it misogyny, racism, #metoo, or a fault of the US administration, depending on which one of those scapegoats is trending more on twitter at the given moment.

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    They'd add a transgender asexual furry who identifies as a toaster and who's also wheelchair bound.
    They already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by zyrobs View Post
    They already did that.

Thread Information