Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playing imports on a PAL Mega CD 2

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    Let me ask a dumb question. If you're using an Everdrive to load an alternate CD BIOS, why are you bothering to load a region free one? Why not just load up whatever BIOS for the region of the CD you're trying to boot? That would eliminate a lot of factors that may cause problems.
    I don't know how this thing with the Everdrive work, but maybe is because in this way the Mega CD will refuse to work if the region of the MD don't match with the region of the BIOS.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    I don't know how this thing with the Everdrive work, but maybe is because in this way the Mega CD will refuse to work if the region of the MD don't match with the region of the BIOS.
    That's just it, you can load any region bios on an Everdrive no matter what your cart/CD console setup. The Tototek Mega Cart, which as far as I can tell has 100% compatibility, is just a flash cart loading 1 of 3 BIOS files depending on the button you hold on startup.

I was always under the impression a region free bios was for people actually burning a replacement BIOS chip to be physically installed in a console.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
    Let me ask a dumb question. If you're using an Everdrive to load an alternate CD BIOS, why are you bothering to load a region free one? Why not just load up whatever BIOS for the region of the CD you're trying to boot? That would eliminate a lot of factors that may cause problems.
    I just remove the Everdrive and Road Rash works fine on my Sega-CD2. It's just strange that with the Everdrive, the graphics are corrupted. So far it doesn't matter which Regionfree is loaded, none work perfectly with US Road Rash. US Road Rash together with a Mega-CD and Everdrive has corrupted graphics. US Road Rash with a Sega-CD and Everdrive has corrupted graphics. US Road Rash with a Sega-CD works fine.

I could try US Road Rash with the Sega-CD (or Mega-CD) and the Everdrive with a standard Bios - but I'm almost certain the graphics will be corrupted too. If someone can point me toward a standard Bios file, I'll test that out.

Obviously I'm only bothering because the thread is specifically about 'Playing imports on a PAL Mega CD 2' - I have an opportunity to test various combinations so why not right?
    Last edited by Illogical; 03-31-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    The game works, is playable etc. - just the graphics are corrupted. So something strange is going on because of the Everdrive.

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

I brought up the same problem years ago, check this, Krikzz answered directly:
    https://assemblergames.com/threads/e...ed-help.34377/
    ***** トル・ランディール ******
    Cadash Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3905/
    Out Run Arcade Colors hack:
    https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3940/

Thread Information