Quantcast

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Imagining the games you love on Mega Drive.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    It's actually on the Sega CD.
    I believe that this is exactly what the discussion consisted of last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Nameless One

I would love to see a 16bit Sega port of Robocop, the arcade game. Don't know if technically possible but the game doesn't seem to be too complex.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strider1911 View Post
    I would love to see a 16bit Sega port of Robocop, the arcade game. Don't know if technically possible but the game doesn't seem to be too complex.

I've wondered about this a few times. A Robocop arcade port on the Genesis would be amazing. Same with Bad Dudes.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

RoboCop... Good call, same with Bad Dudes. Ideal material for the MD hardware.

I thought perhaps Technos' Xain D'Sleena/Solar Warrior would be interesting, and a candidate for extra background layers to enhance depth of field, ala Data East for their MD port of the aging (at the time) Chelnov/Atomic Runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Grind View Post
    I derailed the thread so here is an un-derail: There was someone remaking Touhou 1 on MD and that's pretty rad. MMX is cool too. I'm interested in seeing more efforts like that, and what they do differently to workaround the limitations, etc.
    You could create a thread in the Blast Processing, and feed it gradually with updates

Bring cadiallac and dinausors. I am ok with one or two characters less and so,e downgrade on the graphic departement but please le'ts have it.

Sports Talker

+1 to Street fighter alpha and Wonder Boy in Monster Land.
    Also there is a Street Fighter Alpha port for the Gameboy color.

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

Can't believe I'm the first on this thread mentioning it, but...

Mega Castlevania IV anyone? Would be pretty rad to have it on the Mega Drive.
    Formerly known as -RT

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

...Zaxxon? I mean, we've got ports of Klax and Flicky, and the Master System didn't get an isometric arcade accurate port in itself.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by gamer888 View Post
    Bring cadiallac and dinausors. I am ok with one or two characters less and so,e downgrade on the graphic departement but please le'ts have it.
    I'm positive that if that game had a release on the 32X back in the day history would've been different.

Would love to see a port on a Genesis but it's very unlikely. It's in the same fantasy league as "Metal Slug".

Quote Originally Posted by Allard View Post
    Can't believe I'm the first on this thread mentioning it, but...

Mega Castlevania IV anyone? Would be pretty rad to have it on the Mega Drive.
    remix the level design for the first few stages and yes, i'd love it. the snes version is a masterpiece but those first few levels are a chore to get through. the charm really doesn't set in until you hit drac's castle. the music would sound great too!

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post
    remix the level design for the first few stages and yes, i'd love it. the snes version is a masterpiece but those first few levels are a chore to get through. the charm really doesn't set in until you hit drac's castle. the music would sound great too!
    The video I watched earlier was of the second loop, and looked quite lively in the run up to the castle so perhaps using enemy placement from that would be a good base. The player was proficient at the game too, denying himself use of the twirly whip technique except on the odd occasion where it actually made sense (debris falling from overhead). Removing that OP and boring ability stops noobs from standing under/over an enemy and flicking it until it dies a cheap death with no chance to retaliate, and turns the game back into a proper Castlevania. So neutering it or dropping it entirely would seem to be a good move IMO.

And Savaged Regime would of course be the one to tackle the soundtrack.

The Shadow knows Road Rasher Allard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    The video I watched earlier was of the second loop, and looked quite lively in the run up to the castle so perhaps using enemy placement from that would be a good base. The player was proficient at the game too, denying himself use of the twirly whip technique except on the odd occasion where it actually made sense (debris falling from overhead). Removing that OP and boring ability stops noobs from standing under/over an enemy and flicking it until it dies a cheap death with no chance to retaliate, and turns the game back into a proper Castlevania. So neutering it or dropping it entirely would seem to be a good move IMO.
    No it wouldn't. If you think it's OP and boring, then just don't use it. Solves all the problems.
    Formerly known as -RT

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Speaking of Castlevania, a port of Haunted Castle would be cool on the Genesis/MD. I don't think it was ported to any other systems of the era. I also always wished the first Splatterhouse was ported to Genesis. it would've been cool for the system to have the complete trilogy.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ichbinian View Post
    Speaking of Castlevania, a port of Haunted Castle would be cool on the Genesis/MD. I don't think it was ported to any other systems of the era. I also always wished the first Splatterhouse was ported to Genesis. it would've been cool for the system to have the complete trilogy.
    Have you actually played Haunted Castle?
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Thread Information